KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

5 posters

Message for John

Sandstone

Message for John - Page 2 Empty Re: Message for John

Post by Sandstone Fri 03 Jun 2011, 23:28

Feather wrote:You know all the acrimonious discussions I've had with John in the past, kk. I'm so glad that they are no longer happening but you cannot attribute any blame to a new member for his
    "I'm outa here". Sandstone has every right to give her opinion on matters being discussed.The fact that she hasn't been aware of what it can lead to is not her fault. The only way to keep John here and happy would be to gag people who disagree with him. Personal friendships should be irrelevant. judge

Thanks Feather, I appreciate the support. Honestly, I didn't think I was that harsh with the guy, especially when he was suggesting that I was either delusional or dumb. The guy needs his own planet, not just a private forum. And I did try to come up with a fair solution. I'm still open to suggestions. Maybe there needs to be a forum disclaimer warning all newcomers not to address John directly. Ever. For any reason what-so-ever. (Just a thought.)
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 03 Jun 2011, 23:40

Feather wrote:You know all the acrimonious discussions I've had with John in the past, kk. I'm so glad that they are no longer happening but you cannot attribute any blame to a new member for his
    "I'm outa here". Sandstone has every right to give her opinion on matters being discussed.The fact that she hasn't been aware of what it can lead to is not her fault. The only way to keep John here and happy would be to gag people who disagree with him. Personal friendships should be irrelevant. judge

I'm not attributing blame anywhere!! My point here is regarding the issue of censorship, something that I feel very strongly about.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 03 Jun 2011, 23:47

Sandstone wrote:And I did try to come up with a fair solution.

A solution to what?
    Sandstone

Post by Sandstone Sat 04 Jun 2011, 00:07

KitKat wrote:
    Sandstone wrote:And I did try to come up with a fair solution.

A solution to what?

To the dispute between John and I. So he could come back. That seemed to be what you wanted. Or am I mistaken?

You know, the do-over. Get rid of the discussion that made him lose face so maybe he could come back. But you feel that would be censorship (as opposed to consensual editing).

Or don't you think he'll come back? I suspect he would if he felt I was gone for good. Although the next new person might scare him off too.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 04 Jun 2011, 00:12

No forum can be run for the gratification of only one member.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sun 05 Jun 2011, 12:27

Feather wrote:No forum can be run for the gratification of only one member.

True. That is rather more what a Blog does.

Definition of BLOG:
    An online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page.
    Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.

Short for "Web Log," this term refers to a list of journal entries posted on a Web page. Anybody who knows how to create and publish a Web page can publish their own blog. Some Web hosts have made it even easier by creating an interface where users can simply type a text entry and hit "publish" to publish their blog.

Because of the simplicity of creating a blog, many people have found a new presence on the Web. Instead of writing confidential entries in a book that no one is supposed to see, people now can share their personal feelings and experiences with thousands of people around the world.

A Forum, on the other hand, is a collective gathering ground of differing views, a platform created with the specific intention of discussing, sharing - and challenging those views.

Definition of FORUM

• the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

• a judicial body or assembly : court

• a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities, experts and spectators

Then again, there are many different kinds of forums - each serving different purposes:

Examples of FORUM

"Forums were held to determine how to handle the situation."
    "The town has scheduled a public forum to discuss the proposal."
    "The club provides a forum for people who share an interest in local history."

It can also be a place for friends to meet up to discuss their cares and woes, or simply ponder on the ways of the world.

Origin of FORUM
    Latin; akin to Latin foris outside, fores - DOOR
    Sandstone

Post by Sandstone Sun 05 Jun 2011, 14:12

KitKat wrote:A Forum, on the other hand, is a collective gathering ground of differing views, a platform created with the specific intenion of discussing, sharing - and challenging those views.

Well, I don't mind having my views challenged.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:05

Why does it indicate 'Guest' instead of 'John' on all his posts now? Has he left the forum?
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:18

Stardust wrote:Why does it indicate 'Guest' instead of 'John' on all his posts now? Has he left the forum?

Yes, John has deleted his account here.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:57

I don't see what was in any of Sandstone's posts that were not pertinent remarks and I personally didn't see anything to reproach her for. In fact she showed admirable restraint in her responses to certain taunts that could be perceived as mildly insulting. There was a missed opportunity for a really intelligent debate.

Perhaps John will change his mind and return. cat

It would be a pity for the forum if Sandstone left as it sounds like we could potentially learn more from her than what we can find out for ourselves.

I hope you'll still visit and post here, Sandstone. cat
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Mon 06 Jun 2011, 14:04

I second that, Stardust.
    Sandstone

Post by Sandstone Mon 06 Jun 2011, 15:01

Thanks Stardust and Feather. It's very kind of you both to say such things. I do hope John returns. I totally understand where he is coming from because I have tried very hard to explain away my experiences using conventional means. I've even sat down the with director of Integrated sciences from my university and tried to figure it out. I'm just glad she didn't have a meltdown over it. lol

I actually have a great fondness for skeptics like John. I married one.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 10 Jun 2011, 10:00

A poem for John Message for John - Page 2 481982875

Message for John - Page 2 ComeBackBlog

Message for John - Page 2 Come_back

Message for John - Page 2 Byemissyou
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:47

I just want to add
    We miss what we had
    When you posted ,John.
    And now that you've gone
    There's a sad void here
    And many a tear
    While we wait in the hope
    That you'll help us to cope
    With the science again
    That we ponder in vain
    So come back to us now
    To your wisdom we bow
    Come back, this time to stay
    and show us the way
    To think using reason
    For this is the season
    Of sun and goodwill
    And only you can fulfil
    All our wishes sincere
    Now get your a**e back here.

Love, Searcher.xxxxxxxxx. toast
    krisisle

Post by krisisle Sat 11 Jun 2011, 19:49

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue
    you make me do this Message for John - Page 2 3571393502

but still, I miss you.

Shakespeare, I ain't. lol. but we do all miss you and you are missing some fabbo stuff over on SL (in the Garden, which I believe you have access to cos of your 1000 posts). Message for John - Page 2 631737971
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sat 11 Jun 2011, 21:01

krisisle wrote:(in the Garden, which I believe you have access to cos of your 1000 posts)

No, krisisle - not the Garden. The Bunker is the place for the 1000+ posters. It's a different place altogether.
    krisisle

Post by krisisle Sat 11 Jun 2011, 22:40

oh yeah. forgot about the bunker. Sorry. Me getting confused again. duh. confused

well anyway, I still think he should come back for some serious discussions in the bunker. :bom:
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sat 11 Jun 2011, 22:49

lol - The Bunker is the last place anyone would go for some "serious discussion". It's like a ghost town in there. For a start, there's a haunted pub in there with NO BEER Message for John - Page 2 1197659321 for goodness sake!
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 15 Jul 2011, 20:37

Message for the Chocolate Box King ...

You are a hair's breadth away from having your treasured trophy snatched away from ya!

Message for John - Page 2 4030250666 Message for John - Page 2 4030250666 Message for John - Page 2 4030250666

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:14