Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Science Fiction

Stardust

Science Fiction

Post by Stardust on Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 13:42

Couldn't find a Science Fiction thread, so I've started one here.

Found a science fiction book (used to be a great fan but not read SciFi for years now) but read one of the stories before bedtime, then couldn't get to sleep. Every time I shut my eyes I conjured up horrible visions from the story.... kept me awake for ages.
Shockedchair  run  

Now I read the rest of the stories in that particular book during daytime only. cheesy

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Re: Science Fiction

Post by Kitkat on Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 0:29

Not really into science fiction at all - except for The X Files ...  Unmissable - mainly though because of sexy/sulky David Duchovny! happyheart    Apart from that, the nearest I got to anything in the SciFi world was that my very first job (in Drama Scripts Dept at the BBC Television Centre) entailed typing the scripts up for the tv series 'Doctor Who' (which came under 'Drama' at the Beeb - together with stuff like 'Armchair Theatre', 'Play of the Month', 'Z-Cars' and 'The Onedin Line').  Jon Pertwee was the Doctor at the time, so that'll tell you how long ago that was!
Stardust

Re: Science Fiction

Post by Stardust on Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 7:08

David Tennant was a good Dr Who, don't you think? :thumb:

I loved to read Isaac Asimov mystery and SciFi stories when I was younger, not so much the SciFi Foundation series which didn't appeal so much for some reason. I'd read them all again with pleasure.

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 23:39