KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

5 posters

Wonderful images - fabulous music

bimbow

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonderful images - fabulous music

Post by bimbow Wed 26 Sep 2018, 22:27

This is basically a promotional video for the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, featuring Smetana's "Vltava".   Some lovely images to remind anyone who has visited the beautiful city. Definitely a brisk performance.

Jamboree
    Jamboree

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonderful images - fabulous music

Post by Jamboree Sat 29 Sep 2018, 20:28

Another fabulous musical flash mob

bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Sat 05 Jan 2019, 22:28

Early Debussy piano music seems to go quite nicely with Monet.

lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Tue 08 Jan 2019, 21:12

Very nice toast
    bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Tue 08 Jan 2019, 21:44

Glad you liked. In total contrast, a short orchestral piece by the now rather unfashionable English composer, Albert William Ketèlbey. A bit sentimental, but attractive in its own way. And some suitable images.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Ket%C3%A8lbey
    bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Thu 10 Jan 2019, 23:20

In the early 80s, I was lucky enough to visit Finland a couple of times. On one visit, I was taken to the castle of Savonlinna...

http://visitsavonlinna.fi/en/olavinlinna/

Which happens to feature briefly in this short YouTube clip of an extract from the Sibelius "Karelia Suite."

(Very good sound, too.)

It brings back good memories, including visiting the Sibelius house.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 11 Jan 2019, 14:37

bimbow wrote:In the early 80s, I was lucky enough to visit Finland a couple of times. On one visit, I was taken to the castle of Savonlinna...

http://visitsavonlinna.fi/en/olavinlinna/

For sure, it must be a haunted castle ... Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Ghost10

if the legend is to be believed - of the lady buried alive into the southern wall  surprised

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Olavin10
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Wed 16 Jan 2019, 21:24

I want to get out more..

The Azores (portugal)

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Croati10 Plitvice Lakes National Park(Croatia)

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Croati10[/url] Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Tennessee).

bimbow
    bimbow

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Empty 1930s steam nostalgia.

Post by bimbow Wed 23 Jan 2019, 22:02

"Coronation Scot", composed by Vivian Ellis, and featuring images of the stunning aerodynamic design of the locomotive.

The composer commentated later that it was a train journey from Paddington to Taunton that actually inspired his composition. Very Happy
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Wed 23 Jan 2019, 23:10

I have done that train journey a few times - though not in the steam locomotive. Many's the time that I travelled in a steam train Euston to Holyhead and back (the boat train) (back in the days of my youth shtum ) and that composition really does bring it all back, recreating the journey experience, even without looking at the images.
    I've never heard that music before, nor have I heard of Vivian Ellis, but can so understand how he could have got his inspiration for that composition. The fluctuating rhythms, choo-choo-chuggity-choo - the sudden loud crashing steam puffs, the elongated dragging out of the brakes, etc. Even with your eyes closed or in the dark, you would know when you were crossing a bridge or nearing a station or going through a built-up area - and then the whole way over on the boat you would still have those rhythms in your head.

That's a little gem, that one, bimbow. :thumb:
    bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Thu 24 Jan 2019, 23:45

Glad you enjoyed, KK. Here's another piece of what the CD refers to as "English Light Classical Music". "Sailing by", by Ronald Binge. Insomniacs will recognise the introductory music to the Shipping Forecast on Radio4 at 12.45am.

Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Thu 31 Jan 2019, 17:47

So calming and relaxing

bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Sun 24 Feb 2019, 22:27

The famous "Flower Duet"  (Delibes-Lakme) with.....flowers. Very Happy

bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Sat 27 Apr 2019, 23:25

Liszt's transcription for piano of Schubert's "Serenade", from his last song-cycle, "Schwanengesang" - Swansong.
    A bit slow and indulgent for me, but Kissin can be.

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/st%C3%A4ndchen-serenade.html
    bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Sun 04 Aug 2019, 21:02

Short and very sweet. "In Trutina" from Orff's "Carmina Burana".

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Empty Garden Photographer of the Year

Post by Kitkat Tue 28 Apr 2020, 12:27

No sound, no colour - just some magnificent black & white photography:

Ethereal image of Cosmos flowers wins photo competition

Anne MacIntyre's image Ethereal Cosmos
    has won the International Garden Photographer of the Year's Black & White photo project.
    Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978836_1_anne_macintyre_306372

"After having recently painted my summerhouse white, I decided to capture these delicate Cosmos flowers, creating vivid white tones in this black-and-white composition," she said.
    The judges said: "It is easy to turn any colour photograph into black and white - but through clear intent, Anne chose the set-up before photographing to dramatic effect.
    "This work uses black and white to add something special, not take something away.
    "Both the black and the whites are punchy and incredibly detailed."
    Ethereal Cosmos will feature in a book and exhibition at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, in 2021.

Here are other winning photos from the contest, with captions by the photographers.

Second place: Long-tailed Tits, by Alan Price, Gwynedd

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978837_2_alan_price_305418
    "This fluffy couple of long-tailed tits were taking a short break from nest building - that's when I photographed them, forever immortalising their moment together." (Alan Price)

Third place: Twin Oak Dawn, by Allan Wright, Galloway

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978838_3_allan_wright_3061263
    "On a misty morning in May, the presence of a pair of iconic oak trees was amplified by backlit sunshine and partly framed by the glistening of cobweb-laden gorse bushes." (Allan Wright)

Finalist: River of Life, by Carole Drake, Arundel Castle, West Sussex

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978839_5_carole_drake_304860
    "The canal, seeming to emerge from a dark, mossy grotto flanked by rough-hewn river gods, is an allegorical representation of the River Arun." (Carole Drake)

Finalist: The Emperor, by Alan Price, Gwynedd

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978840_6_alan_price_305422
    "I photographed this impressively large Anax imperator (emperor dragonfly) in mid-flight, its wings resembling helicopter blades." (Alan Price)

Finalist: Flowering Icicles, by Mary Slingo, the National Trust's Knightshayes, Devon
    Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978841_7_mary_slingo_305668
    "Most of these trees were already in leaf - but this particular Stachyurus specimen still had its delicate flowers in isolation. They looked like ornate icicles, hanging from the slender branches." (Mary Slingo)

Finalist: Happy Bunch, by Simon Schollum, private garden shed, New Zealand

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978842_8_simon_schollum_306593
    "An ornate and timeless still life was captured, using flowers gathered from my garden and only natural light as it poured into my shed." (Simon Schollum)

Highly commended: Plane Winter Skeleton, by Tony Jones, West Sussex

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978843_9_tony_jones_304085
    "I captured this image using an infrared converted camera. It was combined with black and white, emphasising the structure (and character) of this defiant tree, bereft of its foliage in winter." (Tony Jones)

Highly commended: Reflections of the Mallard Pond, by Roy Curtis, Trebah Gardens, Cornwall

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978844_10_royston_curtis_304147
    "Captured in late December - I positioned myself at the far end of the Mallard Pond, looking back up towards the famous sub-tropical gardens of Trebah." (Roy Curtis)

Highly Commended: Solitary Oak Tree, by Jon Martin, Lake District National Park, Cumbria

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978997_11_jon_martin_305684
    "I noticed this bare oak tree, silhouetted against the distant mountain tones." (Jon Martin)

Highly commended: The Statue, by Dieter Wanjura, Neu-Ulm, Bavaria

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111978998_12_dieter_wanjura_306231
    "The 'sculpted' curves of this Tulipa specimen reminded me of a classical Greek or Roman statue." (Dieter Wanjura)

Highly commended: Aspens and Snowy Pines, by Ari Plosker, Flagstaff, Arizona

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979000_13_ari_plosker_306567
    "This photograph was shot at the base of a mountain in Flagstaff, Arizona, during an early winter storm. The snow level was not quite enough to cover the aspens in the foreground but created a haunting contrast with the pine forest in the background." (Ari Plosker)

Highly commended: Beam Me Up, by Geoff Kell, New Forest National Park, Hampshire

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979001_14_geoff_kell_306699
    "As beams of light filtered through adjacent trees and hit this twisty tree, its frosty coating evaporated and steam was drawn upwards, as if the tree were being summoned from above." (Geoff Kell)

Highly commended: Lutyen's Bench, by Roy Curtis, The Garden House, Devon

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979003_15_royston_curtis_304206
    "This thoroughly weathered antique bench had a presence all of its own." (Roy Curtis)

Highly commended: Exploding Allium, by Rachele Z Cecchini, home studio, Austria

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979004_16_rachelezcecchini_305769
    "I obtained these shapely Allium from a local nursery. I was immediately attracted to them because of the many flower heads which had burst from their casings." (Rachele Z. Cecchini)

Highly commended: Icelandic Open Space, by Peter Karry, Stokkness, Iceland

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979005_17_peter_karry_306002
    "The curves and textures of these grasses growing out of the black volcanic sand dunes created an intriguing and atmospheric photo." (Peter Karry)

Highly commended: Exotic Beauty, by Lilianna Sokołowska, Dresden

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979130_18_lilianna_sokolowska_306532
    "This enchanting Pleurothallis teaguei is [a] tropical orchid species originally from Ecuador." (Lilianna Sokolowska)

Highly commended: Snail on Top, by Ryan Ostrea, Sydney

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979131_19_ryan_ostrea_306605
    "With the light from the setting Sun in the background, I played around with the aperture and settled on this photograph, which managed to capture some brilliant 'sun stars'." (Ryan Ostrea)

Highly commended: Nun's Cross Farm, by Tim Burgess, Dartmoor National Park, Devon

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979133_20_timothy_burgess_306684
    "In a remote location in the middle of Dartmoor is Nun's Cross Farm, I brought this bleak scene to life by using a high-dynamic-range (HDR) technique and black and white to reveal the full clarity and show every detail." (Tim Burgess)

Highly commended: Raindrops on Lily pond, by Annemarie Farley, the Florida Botanical Gardens, Largo,

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 _111979134_21_annemarie_farley_307038
    "With hurricane Irma due, the rains had already started falling in the gardens, so I retreated under a sheltered canopy. It was there I noticed this waterlily pond and the texture of the surface ripples." (Annamarie Farley)

All photographs courtesy the International Garden Photographer of the Year competition.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sun 11 Oct 2020, 11:57

The visual and audio takes you through all the emotions.  happyheart

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 24 Nov 2020, 16:20

You just can't stop an Irish music session!

A video of a grandfather and his friends playing Irish trad music together in separate little greenhouses has gone viral for its display of creativity and determination in the face of uncertain times.
    Posted to Reddit yesterday by user u/itsRichHill1, the caption explained how one man in the video, a grandfather living in the United States, had always played traditional music with his friends in a local Irish Pub.

Since the pandemic closed businesses and forced people to stay in their homes or locality and away from people, he and his pals had instead regularly gathered in his back garden-- six feet apart-- to continue playing.

This worked in the spring, summer and even early autumn, but now, with the winter creeping in and the temperatures steadily dropping, sitting outside in the cold wasn't an option.
    Until his daughter came up with an innovative solution, that is.
    She bought her father and his friends tiny greenhouses-- just big enough for each person to sit in and play their instrument, and the result is absolutely brilliant.

Check out the video below, but be warned-- it's going to really make you miss a good trad session in an Irish pub!

Click here to watch and listen to the video Very Happy
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Wonderful images - fabulous music - Page 2 Empty Adorable four-year-old Irish girl goes viral with heartwarming version of 'Danny Boy'

Post by Kitkat Sat 20 Mar 2021, 18:29

A four-year-old Irish girl has gone viral with a spellbinding rendition of the Irish classic Danny Boy

Emma Sophia cast a spell over social media with her heartwarming version of a song that has served as an anthem to the Irish diaspora for nearly a century. 
    Hailing from Kinsale in Ireland, Emma Sophia’s rendition is “dedicated to everyone with Irish blood in their veins” according to the official video post on Facebook. 

The accompanying video sees the budding singer making full use of Ireland’s beautiful scenery. 

The first part of the promo sees Emma Sophia perform against the backdrop of Nohoval Cove and world-famous Old Head of Kinsale, while the second takes place in the setting of a sixth century church and graveyard on the cliffs overlooking the outer reaches of Kinsale and the star of the Wild Atlantic Way. 

Released on March 16th - a day prior to St Patrick’s Day in Ireland – to date, the video has racked up an incredible 2.5 million views, more than six thousand comments and over 27,000 reactions on Facebook.

The video has also proved popular on YouTube, amassing 44,000 views in a matter of days.

In the wake of the song’s success, Emma Sophia returned to social media to record a thank you message from “a very, very sunny Ireland”.

“I just wanted to thank you so, so much for liking my video of Danny Boy,” she said.

“I’ve been very busy with the media, I’ve been having so much fun, bye! Love you lots!”

Danny Boy was written by English songwriter Frederic Weatherly in 1913 using the melody for the traditional Irish song Londonderry Air.

The true meaning of Danny Boy remains open to debate.

While some say the song is a message from a parent to a son going to a war, for others it has become more of an anthem for those leaving home as part of the Irish diaspora.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 04:55