KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

Goodbye Depo Provera

OreoCat85
    OreoCat85

Job/hobbies : Housekeeping Assistant

Goodbye Depo Provera Empty Goodbye Depo Provera

Post by OreoCat85 Fri 27 Apr 2018, 14:17

After much deliberation....

I have decided to kiss goodbye to the Depo injection.

I've taken the injection now for 4 times (yes I'm suppose to only have one per 3 months, but the dr gave me my second one, 4 weeks earlier!).  Roll on 6 months and I'm still getting my periods, which I know isn't a bad thing, but I have Endometriosis.  With my periods it comes with encruiating pain.  The whole idea of trying out the injection (which was my last resort as I tried everything else!) was to stop my periods, so I could actually have more enrgy, more time with my kids,  not to be doubled over in pain and so much more.

I've put on weight (which I didn't think I would be bothered by, but in all honest, it's bringing my confidence right down!).  I am also suffering from 24hr migraines, that won't shift, not even with 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen and I have had a decreased sex life.  Don't get me depressed, I mean I know sex isn't everything but event though, he's not saying anything, I know it's putting a wedge between us on that level, which isn't fair on us both.

I'm not sleeping, I'm always down (another reason why I haven't logged in a while, as I'm snapping at the little things, not meaning to, just do!), I'm in a lot of pain. Quite frankly, it was my last go to option and it's just not agreeing with me.

More Information (for those that don't know what Endometriosis!)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/endometriosis/

So I have decided enough is enough and I'm not going for my next injection due 16 May!  So been looking into research, as there isn't a cure for this incurable disease!  I am going to be going out walking more, plenty of water, strong painkillers and change my diet slightly!

Anyone else tried this?  How has it worked for you?
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Goodbye Depo Provera Empty Re: Goodbye Depo Provera

Post by Kitkat Fri 27 Apr 2018, 15:48

Hi OreoCat,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still suffering with this awful pain.  Believe me, I know just how soul-destroying it can be having to endure constant pain, and the effect it can have on every aspect of your everyday life. catlick

At least you have tried the Depo-Provera, and it would seem it's just not the thing for you.
    (I had to look up 'Depo-Provera' and for some reason, initially, it just kept bringing me only to this site:
    https://www.clinicaladvisor.com/ :  
    https://www.clinicaladvisor.com/advisor-forum/depo-provera-injection-site/article/172108/
    Maybe there's something you might find helpful in there to you personally(?) - I don't know ....)

It seemed strange to me that your doc gave you the injection 4 weeks earlier than the norm - but from that above link it would appear that you may have been given the Noristerat the previous time, and maybe that's the reason ...
    Depo-Provera is most commonly given in the UK and lasts for 13 weeks. Occasionally, Noristerat may be given, which lasts for 8 weeks.

OreoCat85 wrote:I am going to be going out walking more, plenty of water, strong painkillers and change my diet slightly!

Anyone else tried this?  How has it worked for you?

You know what ... you have just given yourself the perfect advice there!  Whatever a person's ailments, you can't go wrong by following the basic guidelines of a healthy, balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, fresh air and exercise to whatever your personal limits might be.  You have nothing to lose by doing so, and the more you avail of those essential basics, the less you will need of the painkillers and the possibilities of having to become too dependant on them.

Yeah, I know it sounds all too easy.  It's all very well knowing these things, but when it come to putting it into practice it's a different story altogether! Takes a bit of willpower and perseverance - both of which sounds to me you have in abundance - so I sincerely hope that things will ease up for you soon. catlick
    OreoCat85
    OreoCat85

Job/hobbies : Housekeeping Assistant

Goodbye Depo Provera Empty Re: Goodbye Depo Provera

Post by OreoCat85 Thu 24 May 2018, 10:53

Well over the weekend I was in pain! However my period returned yesterday, so far so good, not in much pain, the bleed isn't bad....touch wood, so far so good!

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 03:44