KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ...

Kitkat
    Kitkat

BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ... Empty BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ...

Post by Kitkat Wed 05 Jul 2017, 23:46

This is taken from the latter part of a thread in The Bar, which is in the Members Only area of the forum.
    I think the subject matter deserves a thread of its own here, for all to see (and hear):

Originally posted by Jamboree:
    Kitkat wrote:Nobody seems terribly bothered one way or the other as to what happens here - or what doesn't.

Makes me wonder what the hell am I doing all this for.  Getting fed up now and I'm strongly thinking of packing in the whole lot- all the forums.  All this recent hassle has me having sleepless nights and headaches - and no-one else seems to care about any of this anyway.

Will I feel better in the morning?  No, I don't think so ... not this time.

Most likely I'm just talking to myself now anyway.  So what the heck ...................

I'll leave this place open for a week - after which if no interest or feedback, will close the whole thing down.

peepdoor  Glad to see you changed your mind, Kitkat.  I don't get to visit very often but when I do get here there's never anyone else around.  Nice to know the old place is still here, and hope it will remain so, even through the odd quiet patch.

Kitkat
    Kitkat

BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ... Empty Re: BABY PLEASE DON'T GO ...

Post by Kitkat Wed 05 Jul 2017, 23:47

and then my reply .........

Aw, Jamboree, how cheery it is to read that post.  Of course, my original frustrated post was done before the new LAL was created, when everything seemed to be going arse over head with all sorts of glitches and problems with ALL the forums, the DDOS with FreeForums, the Tapatalk takeover, people getting locked out of the forums, images not working, one thing after another - and what I didn't know then was the problem with all sorts of new security updates on the internet, which blocked cookies and was causing people being unable to log into the forums here also.  I didn't know anything about that - just thought people weren't bothered anymore ...
    Well, of course all that could have been avoided if people only reported they were having these problems - through the Shoutbox or whatever ... (but turns out the Shoutbox was affected also with the same problem).  Rolling Eyes

PLEASE PEEPS - IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM, PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT IT, AND THEN WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT SORTING IT - BUT IF WE DON'T KNOW IT'S THERE IT AIN'T GONNA FIX ITSELF!

Fab choice of song, btw, Jamboree - one of my absolute faves, as it happens (both song AND singer).  So many great artists have covered that tune and made it their own, but Lightnin' Hopkins has the edge (for me anyway) - even topping the original performer and writer of the lyrics, Delta Blues guitarist Big Joe Williams:

I think this one here though is my favourite recorded rendition of Baby Please Don't Go.  How I'd just love to have been there - Live at the Checkerboard Lounge in 1981:  Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones:

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Wed 05 Jul 2017, 23:49

More of that session at the Checkerboard Lounge  (and much more to come....)
    Well, if we couldn't be there, this is probably the next best thing:

mac
    mac

Post by mac Thu 06 Jul 2017, 14:45

love all the recordings!

I don't 'live in the past' much listening to pop music from the time when I was young (like so many old-farts seem to) but I still enjoy many of the blues singers from yesteryear.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:41

mac wrote:  I don't 'live in the past' much listening to pop music from the time when I was young (like so many old-farts seem to) but I still enjoy many of the blues singers from yesteryear.

Then you'll probably enjoy this, mac:  Very Happy

Blues music & song is timeless/ageless because it is Soul speaking - deep from the heart and soul - created through experience.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Sat 08 Jul 2017, 11:51

Kitkat wrote:
    mac wrote:  I don't 'live in the past' much listening to pop music from the time when I was young (like so many old-farts seem to) but I still enjoy many of the blues singers from yesteryear.

Then you'll probably enjoy this, mac:  Very Happy

Blues music & song is timeless/ageless because it is Soul speaking - deep from the heart and soul - created through experience.
    absolutely and definitely!  great and thanks - I'll take a listen later to the whole compilation.....
    Jamboree
    Jamboree

Post by Jamboree Tue 25 Jul 2017, 16:03

Some great sounds there.  Fab compilation, I'm playing it now.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 05:45