KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Redwater

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Redwater Empty Redwater

Post by Kitkat Thu 18 May 2017, 17:28

Starting tonight (Thursday)  BBC1 -  8pm

I'll be watching, as it's all filmed in Ireland.  The fictional village of Redwater is actually a place called Dunmore East, in Co. Waterford, very near to where my cousins live - and I'll be watching out for some familiar places and faces, as much of the programme has also been filmed in and around my home place, Newtownmountkennedy in Co. Wicklow.  They were filming there last year over a number of weeks.   So, doubly looking forward to it. Very Happy

When does Redwater start on BBC, what is the Kat and Alfie Moon spin off about and will other EastEnders characters star in it?

FANS of Kat and Alfie Moon are celebrating the return of the much-loved characters to the small screen later this month.
    Although this time around the couple won’t be behind the bar at The Queen Vic, but instead transported to a completely new world in Ireland.

What is Redwater about?

Described as a spin-off from the BBC soap, Redwater has some exciting plot twists and sees Kat (Jessie Wallace) and Alfie (played by Shane Ritchie) transported to a sleepy fishing village in Ireland in search of Kat’s long lost son.
    Fans will remember that at just 14-years-old, Kat gave birth to twins – a boy and a girl – in a convent after being raped by her uncle Harry.
    While the girl Zoe (played by Michelle Ryan) was raised as Kat’s sister among her family, the boy was taken by the nuns to Ireland and given the name Luke.

It was only recently during a return to Albert Square that Kat found out about his existence and is desperate to track him down.
    Produced by former EastEnders boss Dominic Treadwell-Collins, the six-part drama see the couple encounter the Kelly and Dolan families, who have lived in Redwater for generations.
    The inhabitants are less than keen to reveal the secrets of the close-knit village.
    Jessie has promised fans that they will see a softer side to Kat, and revealed she did all her own stunts for the show – one of which saw her submerged in freezing murky waters!

When is Redwater on?

The EastEnders show will premiere on May 18 at 8pm on BBC One.
    If you miss the episode, you will be able to catch up on BBC iPlayer, provided you have a TV licence.
    Redwater will run for six episodes.

Who else is in the cast for Redwater?

Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace will  be joined by Orphan Black star Maria Doyle Kennedy as well as Irish actress Fionnula  Flanagan and Game of Thrones veteran Ian McElhinney.
    It was revealed earlier this year that bosses have been so impressed with filming 'Redwater' that they're considering making it a long-running soap.
    A source revealed: "Everyone thought 'Redwater' would be just a one-off, but plans are being drawn up for it to return once the six episodes are done. There are high hopes that it will become a brilliant new long-running series."
    Speaking to the Mirror on Sunday Shane said: “I hope it runs and runs and Redwater goes on for ever. “There’s very much a thriller tone to it, big secrets, which I hope will keep the audience tuning in.

Can viewers expect to see any other characters from EastEnders?

It's highly unlikely that any other characters from the BBC soap will show up in the new series.
    Both Shane and Jessie have explained how there is almost no mention of Walford or Albert Square, with Redwater instead created to be a standalone drama.
    Director Jesper Nielsen said: "We have a really important and fantastic story to tell. About how one woman's search for a lost child opens a Pandora's box, revealing the terrible lies and secrets in the little village of Redwater.
    "A story about how the strong bonds of love in a family can hold everything together, and yet at the same time destroy everything."

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 02:00