KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

My friend John

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

My friend John

Post by Kitkat on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 16:44

Just had a call from my very good friend John (the one who was on the list for a lung transplant op).  He calling from hospital.  Been in there as an in-patient since Wednesday, and talking as if he won't be going home.
He has water on the lung.  I am sure there is a name for that, but can't think straight right now.  They are monitoring him on a round-the-clock basis but it's not looking too good.

Sad

Going to visit him in there tomorrow.

Aussiepom
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 6
Comments : A retired old girl who just loves to enjoy life to the utmost.
Star sign : Pisces
Chinese zodiac : Dog

Re: My friend John

Post by Aussiepom on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:18

KitKat wrote:Just had a call from my very good friend John (the one who was on the list for a lung transplant op). He calling from hospital. Been in there as an in-patient since Wednesday, and talking as if he won't be going home.
He has water on the lung. I am sure there is a name for that, but can't think straight right now. They are monitoring him on a round-the-clock basis but it's not looking too good.

Sad

Going to visit him in there tomorrow.

Hope everything is ok for John,KK....

AP
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:41

Thanks, AP. I've just spoken with him on the phone. Going to visit him in the hospital this evening.

Aussiepom
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Aussiepom on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 15:32

KitKat wrote:Thanks, AP. I've just spoken with him on the phone. Going to visit him in the hospital this evening.

Just read this,hope all is well.

AP..... Smile
Pixie
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 11
Star sign : Cancer

Post by Pixie on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 19:36

Hope your friend is ok KK... x
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 20:41

Just come back from the hospital. I felt sorry for the other 3 guys in the ward. John sitting up holding court in a wheelchair by the bed with a crowd of visitors, having a party! Telling jokes through his nebuliser Laughing

He's got chocolates and all sorts - which he can't eat cos he's diabetic, all for his visitors.

He in good form in himself, but BP very low, being monitored 6 times a day. Only when that stabilises will he be allowed to go home. And the fluid has to be flushed regularly throughout the day. Docs have said they will be surprised if he's still around at Christmas. pale
But he's definitely in the best place for now as has the best medical care anyone could wish for... and he's getting to party every day with friends, some of whom he hasn't seen for years!

Aussiepom
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Aussiepom on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 22:43

I'm so pleased for your friend,John,KK.
He is coping well which is good.
Ken,my husband was like that at the end. Still joking even though he was on automatic injection of Morphine.

Half out of it and half with me. Do you know what he said to me just before the end?
Typical male humour....'If you marry again,I'll be back to shake the bed'.

You take care,my friend.

AP

Pixie
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Post by Pixie on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:06

Good to hear that he's in good spirits, KK.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 15:49

John is allowed to go home today, so that must be a good sign. The docs had been regularly monitoring his low blood pressure (he is also diabetic) and flushing the fluid out of his system and said that he couldn't go home until these specifically had been regulated, so I guess at least he's out of the danger zone now.
I hope to go and see him some time this week.
Pixie
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Post by Pixie on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 15:53

Good to hear this, KK
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 18:31

John is still in the hospital. They had told him he was going home yesterday (Monday), but when it came to it his blood count is still very low, and getting lower all the time. So has to be monitored for another while now.
Pixie
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Post by Pixie on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 18:58

How disappointing for him.

Still, It's better that he stays where he is until he is stable enough to go home eh?

Sending him positive thoughts...
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 23 May 2013, 22:17

Just heard. John passed away on Sunday.

Funeral is on Thursday.

I am so very, very sad.
Pixie
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Post by Pixie on Fri 24 May 2013, 07:50

KitKat wrote:Just heard. John passed away on Sunday.

Funeral is on Thursday.

I am so very, very sad.

Very sorry to read this KK. Sad

Not much I can say except that my sympathy goes out to John's family and I'm thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

xxxxx
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 26 May 2013, 13:26

Your kind words are appreciated, Pixie (and thanks also to the people who have contacted me privately).

John's farewell do on Thursday is going to be a massive affair. He was a very popular guy; kind, considerate, funny - and always ready with a helping hand and encouragement to anyone, friend or stranger, in need.
A very spiritual person - he had no doubts whatsoever of the continuance of existence after bodily death.
This is something that he told me was proved to him personally many years ago, when he was lucky enough to have seen the late Gordon Higginson demonstrate at the SAGB and was given some indisputable verifiable evidence through Gordon's mediumship at that time.

John was a rare character and I feel very privileged to have known and been friends with him for the greater part of my life. He had a huge effect on every single person that he came across and made a positive impact on each and every one of their lives. I have met with many of these folk, each with their own individual stories to tell. All of these people will be coming together on Thursday to say their goodbyes to our very special friend. I am told that lashings of Lebanese cuisine has been ordered for 400 people (the professional chef also being one of his closest friends). There will be family and friends coming over from Egypt also.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 31 May 2013, 11:17

John's funeral was yesterday. Sad
Tomorrow (1st June) would have been his birthday (same age as me), and Monday 3rd he was due to be taken by helicopter to Harefield Hospital to have a heart and lung transplant. It obviously wasn't to be; his time had come (although we can't help but wonder - something he himself voiced in recent weeks - if it had not been for the constant waits and various medical administration conflicts and miscommunications, things might have turned out differently).

I miss my dear friend so very, very much.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 14:10

In the days since John's passing, strange things have been happening surounding my mobile phone (which I wear around my neck at all times now): there have been these occasions when the lights start flashing on and off, switching by itself from one thing to another, and these occasions always end up highlighting and resting on John's name in my contacts list! 

On Tuesday last, I was sitting chatting with my friend, Viv, who was sitting opposite me at the kitchen table, when she said to me the lights were flashing on my phone round my neck and her name VIV was flashing on the screen.  I checked my phone and it appeared as though Viv was calling me.  She wasn't though because she was sitting in front of me and her phone was nowhere in sight.  I asked her where her phone was and she said it was in her pocket (special phone pocket), so I said she'd better check because perhaps it had pressed on last number redial or something like that (although she has automatic keypad lock on it).  She checked - the lock was on, and her phone was doing nothing!  She put it on the table between us so we could both verify this.  Meantime, mine is still flashing and saying that Viv is calling me(!)  I tried answering this call but the button wouldn't do anything, tried other buttons to stop it but nothing would work (there was no calling ringtone, btw, just the flashing notification).  I couldn't even get out of the screen view and was trying all sorts.  Meantime, a voice suddenly booms out of the phone - giving us both a fright - and it's Angie's voice telling me that she had just spoken to Layla (John's wife) and that a 40-day memorial service gathering for John was going to be held on Saturday morning in the church, an occasion to remember John and a chance for people who had not been able to get to the funeral also to come and pay their respects.  That message continued to the end and then the flashing VIV appeared again - and still I could not get out of that screen.  When I checked my phone later, it shows there is a voicemail message from Angie.  However, on playing back that message later it starts off with mine and Viv's voice discussing about her name flashing on my phone and the whole conversation we had about it, her putting her phone on table, nothing happening, me saying I'm trying to answer it, nothing happening etc ... the voicemail message goes right through to the end - with Angie's voice suddenly coming in the middle and you can even hear her putting the phone down at the end of her message and then me and Viv continuing to talk and asking each other what the hell happened there and what is going on?

ALSO ...  my phone records a missed call from JOHN'S PHONE NUMBER! and gives the time of that missed call as just over an hour before all that had happened.  In all of this my phone had not made a sound.

John actually had two mobile phones that he used.  On one of them (for some reason, I'm not sure how and why) to make calls from it was free.  He had this same phone for years and years, way back.
We had this arrangement that whenever I wanted to call him, to just give one ring to that number and then stop - a 'missed call' we called it, and then he would always call me straight back and we could talk for free.  Only a certain few friends had that number.

His son, Anthony, now has that phone - and he had actually used it to inform everyone in John's contact list about funeral.  He had been going through that task on the day I had been over to visit John's wife Layla just after he had died.  lol - we all found it quite amusing to see that the name and number of the Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi, was in his contact list - and was sent a text detailing John's funeral date and times etc.   With the current news surrounding Morsi, can you just imagine the scene if he had turned up for the funeral!  scaredchair  obgob 

Turns out Antony was in Egypt the day that missed call was recorded, and still there now, so I've yet to discover whether he had called me from that phone unintentionally pressing a button or something.

My phone has been working perfectly well since then.  I am going over to Layla's on Saturday and Angie is coming also, so hopefully may be able to get to the bottom of this.  If my phone starts playing up again while I'm there, :surprised:then I will be convinced that there is something paranormal going on here.... as it is, I can only speculate ......
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 11:20

cont ...

When I arrived at the Church in Kensington for the memorial service there was just a handful of people there in the community hall attached where they had been serving refreshments and food.  Couldn't see Layla.  Someone told me she had gone to the cemetery - the service was all over; Angie gave me wrong time, she said 11 ... it was actually from 8 to 10.  I was told that she had left for the cemetery (nearer to where I live) at about 10 o'clock.  I thought I will go there, she might still be there, maybe not, but planned to go anyway.  However, when I reached Notting Hill, I found that I could not turn left to continue where I wanted to go because the whole road had been closed off for roadworks, so I went right and turned off down little side roads, not really knowing where I was going, one-way streets and all sorts; I went in what I thought was the direction of the Harrow Road (where the cemetery is), found myself totally lost, so stopped the car to look at A to Z - and realised I was in Pembridge Place - where the Spiritualist Church is (PP) where I normally go (like SAGB where they do demonstrations of mediumship, but on Wednesdays and Sundays).  Just then my phone beeped - and on the screen it said 'Phone PP - what is the special occasion there today?' - was a reminder that I had put in my phone some time back, as their schedule had listed a special occasion for that date but didn't say what it was, just TBC (to be confirmed).  Some of these Special Events are well known visiting mediums like Tony Stockwell, Colin Fry etc, so I had assumed there was going to be something special that Saturday.  As I was right outside at this stage, I stopped and went in to find out what was occurring. The church part was closed, so I went in the side door where the library is and where they do the healing.  Barged in on someone being given a one-to-one private reading, so left - and on way out met the church secretary coming in, asked her what's going on tonight and she said it's some Japanese crowd that had hired the place for something or other, she didn't really know.  I left there still intending to go to the cemetery, but took wrong turnings twice and each time found myself heading home, so I just went home.
That was last Saturday.

Saturday:
The strange goings on continued yesterday.  I received an email from my ex-boss.
It was actually an exchange of emails between himself and his main client, to do with a business that they both own (a load of properties) and of course had nothing to do with me.  It was actually forwarded to my personal email address.
I forwarded the whole thing back to him, saying that he had sent me this email obviously in error, that he may already have realised this but letting him know just in case.
I got a reply from him straight away - saying it was his computer that found me, not him! (his explanation mark) and no, he hadn't realised and thanking me for letting him know, he would have wondered why he hadn't received the reply.  Then asked how I was, said he hadn't heard from or about me for long time and hoped that my pain had eased off now.  While I was reading this my television turned itself off.
Also ... yesterday, I phoned Angie to check on the time we going over to Layla's (John's place) tomorrow - and she informed me that she has been having strange communications from John also! Said he is still very much around - She will explain in detail when I see her today.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 16 May 2014, 14:39

Sunday (18th May) will be the first anniversary of John's passing.

A Memorial Service is being held for him at the Coptic (Egyptian) Church in Kensington on Saturday morning (tomorrow). I will be going, along with Angie, and I imagine the place will be packed out. People coming over from Egypt to attend also. John was a very popular guy, sorely missed by many.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 25 May 2014, 18:26

Met up with John's wife Layla and our mutual friend, Angie, last Friday, the three of us went for a meal.
Interesting to hear that Layla has been experiencing the exact same type of things that I have, happening with her phone (both landline and mobile) and other electronic equipment in the home.  She has not been too good healthwise over the past year - she had stayed in a put-you-up bed in the ward with him for the duration of the time he was in the hospital, just brief visits home during the day when absolutely necessary.
A tireless hostess to all the many visitors permanently surrounding him, the trauma and stress took its toll when on one of her short visits home to their flat, she began getting chest and arm pains.  

Being an experienced nurse working in a hospital for 17 years, she knew without doubt that she was experiencing the beginnings of a heart attack and had the quickness of mind to make a call to emergency services, who rushed her to hospital [a different one to the one John was in] where she underwent major heart surgery (an emergency triple by-pass).  Her biggest worry and stress at the time was making sure the staff there did not contact her 'next of kin' - being her husband, John, himself in hospital - in a relatively 'stable' condition at the time - but still on a drip and being closely and regularly monitored where they were trying to keep his blood count etc in check - she felt sure that were he to hear of what was going on with her, it would have killed him.  Friends of course knew of the situation and were strictly instructed not to let him have any inkling of the situation.  He did of course wonder where she was and asked a few times and between all they managed to assure him with plausible excuses.  
She remained in the other hospital for 3 days and was allowed back home only after agreement to arrangements for daily medical/carer visits to her home for a time afterwards.  As soon as she got out from there she went straight to the hospital where he was, to continue caring for him and making sure that he did not get to hear a whisper of what had been happening with her.
He passed away two days later, went peacefully to sleep in her arms.

Since that time she has of course had to return to hospital for various routine tests and monitoring, and told me, on Friday, that on one of these occasions, back in March this year - she saw John ("clear as day") standing at the corner of her bed, smiling at her.  This also coincided with a period of heightened activity with her phones and other electrical stuff doing funny things.  She had not mentioned this to anyone, other than myself - and then only after discovering in discussion that I was getting these same phone and electrical happenings also.

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:17