KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'EXPLORING THE UNEXPLAINED - A JOURNEY INTO SPIRITUALISM'

Poetry from the heart.

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Pets --- present and past.

Post by Kitkat on Tue 09 May 2017, 12:42

In the middle of transferring data over to the new soon-to-be-opened Light After Life forum.
The process is taking me back to the very start of LAL (back in January 2008), as I am manually copying over every post ever made to be included and archived in the new LAL when it's ready for the off.  A slow and arduous task, (see PM sent to all LAL members here, for details), but one that I am enjoying immensely as it's bringing back some precious memories, memories which should not be allowed to be lost in the passage of time. 

study  In the process, I came acros this little treasure trove ------
a whole thread full of poem memorials to each of Feather's cats:  flower

I think it belongs here.  Smile   

You can read them all in the following thread (from the new LAL):  ENJOY!  Very Happy

http://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t412-pets-present-and-past

(the date on which each post was originally made is at the top of each post, coloured green.)
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Re: Poetry from the heart.

Post by Feather on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 21:22

THE  WILLOW  TREE.                                  FOR JEAN WITH BITTER REGRETS.

THE WILLOW STILL STANDS STRAIGHT AND STRONG.
IT DOES NOT WEEP.
IT PONDERS NOT THE WINTER NEAR
BUT ARCHES LEAVES INTO A CANOPY
SOFT AND GREEN.
YET WINTER COMES WITH FORCEFUL BLAST
TO STEAL ITS BEAUTY.
SUCH WAS A FRIENDSHIP,  PRECIOUS, TRUE,
A GIFT—AS ONCE THE WILLOW WAS—
A HAVEN WHERE THE MIND COULD REST,
PROTECTED FROM ITS LONELINESS,
SHELTERED FROM ITS DROWNING THOUGHTS,
FROM ALL ITS MAIMING POWER.
BUT WINTER WITH ITS FRACTURED ICE
CAN APPEAR IN SUCH A PLACE,
FOR BROKEN IS THE BOND AND SPRING WILL NOT
GIVE RECOMPENSE.
FOR , SADLY, SHE IS NOT A WILLOW TREE
BUT STAYS BEREFT.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 21:50

The above poem was written recently and dedicated to my erstwhile friend, Jean. She left Orkney two and a half years ago. We had a falling out a year after she left and as a result she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my emails too.I have made several attempts to contact her--even writing a letteras I doknow her address. She did not reply.This has hurt me a lot and I can't seem to get over it.Many tears have been shed as I still can't believe what has happened. We were very close for over thirty years and since we retired, she has had lunch at my house nearly every Wednesday.
The poem is so called because Jean gave me Willow cuttings which have now grown to maturity and weathered the winter storms. Every time I look through my kitchen window, I see the willows and think of Jean. I am puzzled but, most of all, hurt that I mean so little to her now when I can hardly bear the silence between us.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 08:11

What a touching poem, Feather, so much despair coming through.

I can't believe any falling out can erase so many years of close friendship and it's plain that this has left a scar on your heart. All you can do is to keep trying.

The festive season is coming up so there's a good opportunity to write to Jean again. I hope you can heal this breach as it's so obviously contributing to making you unhappy.

happyheart

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 12:02

Yes it's making me very sad and has done since it happened. I plucked up the courage to try directory enquiries for her number only to be told it was ex directory. It never used to be so it must mean she has really cut me off big time. Even if I wrote to her again, I wouldn't know what else to say. I've said I was sorry for my part in this but she just ignores me.I couldn't do that to her no matter what. All through my being I sense that it is wrong. I have forgiven her so why can't she forgive me? I'mleft with the obvious answer: she doesn't care about or need my friendship as much as I seem to need hers. How could she keep up such a pretence for such a long time? Did I not really know her at all?

Sorry, Stardust, but I'm just relieving my feelings by writing it all down. Tears are stinging again.   hug .

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 11:36

You've done all you could to make things up and now there's no more you can do, Feather, so you just have to let Jean go.

Remember the good times you spent together and don't dwell on the separation and hurt because you're the only one who'll suffer. You must force yourself to accept that she doesn't want contact with you now in her new life, but you can still send her greetings for her birthday and New Year - that will leave the door open if she wants to renew your friendship or at least send a card now and then. You may decide that you'd rather align yourself with her decision and make a complete break.

We don't know what goes on in someone else's head, so we don't know the whys and wherefores of their behaviour. Please don't make yourself ill over something that you cannot change.

Don't be sad, I can't bear to think of you feeling so low.

happyheart

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 17:06

You are a kind and thoughtful person, Stardust.I have come to expect only wise words from you. I will take your advice and stop trying to contact Jean.Don't worry. I'll be ok.xxx.

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 01:49