KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life Forum's Portal Page is: 'Superhuman: Geniuses - Real Stories'

Poetry from the heart.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Pets --- present and past.

Post by Kitkat on 9th May 2017, 12:42

In the middle of transferring data over to the new soon-to-be-opened Light After Life forum.
The process is taking me back to the very start of LAL (back in January 2008), as I am manually copying over every post ever made to be included and archived in the new LAL when it's ready for the off.  A slow and arduous task, (see PM sent to all LAL members here, for details), but one that I am enjoying immensely as it's bringing back some precious memories, memories which should not be allowed to be lost in the passage of time. 

study  In the process, I came acros this little treasure trove ------
a whole thread full of poem memorials to each of Feather's cats:  flower

I think it belongs here.  Smile   

You can read them all in the following thread (from the new LAL):  ENJOY!  Very Happy

http://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t412-pets-present-and-past

(the date on which each post was originally made is at the top of each post, coloured green.)
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Poetry from the heart.

Post by Feather on 24th October 2017, 21:22

THE  WILLOW  TREE.                                  FOR JEAN WITH BITTER REGRETS.

THE WILLOW STILL STANDS STRAIGHT AND STRONG.
IT DOES NOT WEEP.
IT PONDERS NOT THE WINTER NEAR
BUT ARCHES LEAVES INTO A CANOPY
SOFT AND GREEN.
YET WINTER COMES WITH FORCEFUL BLAST
TO STEAL ITS BEAUTY.
SUCH WAS A FRIENDSHIP,  PRECIOUS, TRUE,
A GIFT—AS ONCE THE WILLOW WAS—
A HAVEN WHERE THE MIND COULD REST,
PROTECTED FROM ITS LONELINESS,
SHELTERED FROM ITS DROWNING THOUGHTS,
FROM ALL ITS MAIMING POWER.
BUT WINTER WITH ITS FRACTURED ICE
CAN APPEAR IN SUCH A PLACE,
FOR BROKEN IS THE BOND AND SPRING WILL NOT
GIVE RECOMPENSE.
FOR , SADLY, SHE IS NOT A WILLOW TREE
BUT STAYS BEREFT.

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 24th October 2017, 21:50

The above poem was written recently and dedicated to my erstwhile friend, Jean. She left Orkney two and a half years ago. We had a falling out a year after she left and as a result she blocked me on Facebook and blocked my emails too.I have made several attempts to contact her--even writing a letteras I doknow her address. She did not reply.This has hurt me a lot and I can't seem to get over it.Many tears have been shed as I still can't believe what has happened. We were very close for over thirty years and since we retired, she has had lunch at my house nearly every Wednesday.
The poem is so called because Jean gave me Willow cuttings which have now grown to maturity and weathered the winter storms. Every time I look through my kitchen window, I see the willows and think of Jean. I am puzzled but, most of all, hurt that I mean so little to her now when I can hardly bear the silence between us.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 25th October 2017, 08:11

What a touching poem, Feather, so much despair coming through.

I can't believe any falling out can erase so many years of close friendship and it's plain that this has left a scar on your heart. All you can do is to keep trying.

The festive season is coming up so there's a good opportunity to write to Jean again. I hope you can heal this breach as it's so obviously contributing to making you unhappy.

happyheart

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 29th October 2017, 12:02

Yes it's making me very sad and has done since it happened. I plucked up the courage to try directory enquiries for her number only to be told it was ex directory. It never used to be so it must mean she has really cut me off big time. Even if I wrote to her again, I wouldn't know what else to say. I've said I was sorry for my part in this but she just ignores me.I couldn't do that to her no matter what. All through my being I sense that it is wrong. I have forgiven her so why can't she forgive me? I'mleft with the obvious answer: she doesn't care about or need my friendship as much as I seem to need hers. How could she keep up such a pretence for such a long time? Did I not really know her at all?

Sorry, Stardust, but I'm just relieving my feelings by writing it all down. Tears are stinging again.   hug .

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 31st October 2017, 11:36

You've done all you could to make things up and now there's no more you can do, Feather, so you just have to let Jean go.

Remember the good times you spent together and don't dwell on the separation and hurt because you're the only one who'll suffer. You must force yourself to accept that she doesn't want contact with you now in her new life, but you can still send her greetings for her birthday and New Year - that will leave the door open if she wants to renew your friendship or at least send a card now and then. You may decide that you'd rather align yourself with her decision and make a complete break.

We don't know what goes on in someone else's head, so we don't know the whys and wherefores of their behaviour. Please don't make yourself ill over something that you cannot change.

Don't be sad, I can't bear to think of you feeling so low.

happyheart

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 31st October 2017, 17:06

You are a kind and thoughtful person, Stardust.I have come to expect only wise words from you. I will take your advice and stop trying to contact Jean.Don't worry. I'll be ok.xxx.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 29th January 2018, 17:45

This poem reveals my bitter thoughts and probably explains to a certain extent my absence from this forum.

FAITH DESTROYED.

FAITH  DESTROYED.

“I HAVE AN ANCHOR”. DO I HELL!!
ALL MY WISHES  ARE STILL IN THE WELL
AT SEVENTY EIGHT, LIFE IS WELL NIGH OVER
SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF A FOUR-LEAFED CLOVER,
HORSE SHOE, WHITE HEATHER OR RABBIT’S FOOT?
WHEN  IMAGINARY GODS DON’T GIVE A HOOT.
THEY DON’T  SEND RELIEF WHEN  I’M FEELING DOWN,
DON’T  WIPE AWAY MY PERPETUAL FROWN,
THERE IS NO MAGIC BEYOND THAT CLOUD
 IT BRINGS ONLY LIGHTNING AND THUNDER LOUD.
IT ISN’T A COVERLET  FOR BLISS TO COME
NOR  A HAZY PATHWAY  TO A HOME
WHERE LOVED ONES WAIT  EXPECTANTLY
FOR MORTALS JUST LIKE YOU AND ME.
NO---SUCH IS JUST THE STUFF OF DREAMS
THAT MELT AWAY IN BITTER STREAMS
OF TEARS IN THE DARKNESS OF THE NIGHT
THERE IS NO JOY, NO ABIDING LIGHT
ONLY DELUSION,  MENTAL STRIFE
IN THE FANTASY OF ETERNAL  LIFE.
28TH JANUARY, 2018.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Poems of Reflection

Post by Kitkat on 6th February 2018, 13:54

purr I discovered some more of Feather's poems  yay  buried deep in the Light After Life forum
- all together in their own thread which you can find here arrow Poems of Reflection.

I thought it would be nice to keep them all together, and this seems like the perfect place. happyheart

Each one tells it's own vivid, emotional story of times gone past.  How wonderful that those precious memorable moments can be captured and treasured forever - and shared and brought to life with those who read them.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 8th February 2018, 19:51

Feather has not been back since posting that last despairing poem "Faith Destroyed", I hope she's OK.

It all rests on faith in there being something more after we have to give up our tired bodies.

I still doubt sometimes, despite having had a great many experiences that appear to point to at least some of my family (of those who've passed on) still being here with me. I suppose it's only human after such events to wonder if they were imagined, though I think deep down I know they cannot be since some things are tangible and thus not possibly born of mere imagination.

Perhaps Feather has had such experiences too but is too low in spirit to take heed, they are fleeting mostly so in a blink of an eye they are gone, but nevertheless were there.

We only need to read through other threads here to see that other members (often Kitkat) have had very strange and important experiences that could not have been conjured up by themselves.

Feather, please keep faith in your heart, tears make those who are looking over you from the other side feel very sad at not being able to make their presence felt.

Plus, we're here, with immense affection for you and understanding of where you are at the moment. Kind and positive thoughts are surrounding you every moment whether you are aware of it or not.

A big hug may not help you much, but I offer it anyway.

hug   happyheart

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 8th February 2018, 21:19

Thank you for trying to help me, Stardust, but I don't get these experiences even when I beg for them and,until I do,I cannot accept them as anything other than tricks of the brain, other hallucinations or imagination brought on by wishful thinking.No other person's conviction about them can be taken as proof of their validity.No-one else's related experiences can be accepted by me. I have too many unanswered questions which feed my doubts.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 9th February 2018, 07:51

Perhaps you should stop trying so hard, just take each day as it comes and forget about what may happen next. We're all going there sooner or later and whatever that place might be it must surely be peaceful. If there's nothing (and I find it very hard to believe that, because it would mean there's no point to our being here now) then at least we will know nothing of it. Whichever option turns out to be the true one it will mean no suffering, so why worry about it and spoil your life by preventing yourself from taking pleasure in the present and the joys each day brings?

Easy words I know, which are difficult to reach someone in the midst of depression, but we truly are all in the same boat bound on the same journey, so you will never be alone, dear Feather, either in the here and now or the ever after.

I feel so frustrated that we can't shake off this black mist surrounding you.

Have another big warm hug anyhow and give Chica one from me too.

hug    happyheart

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 9th February 2018, 09:38

Don't feel bad,Stardust. I am what I am--a searcher for truth.I will go on searching as long or as short as I live. Many have said to me that, if there is nothing after this life, I won't know anything about it BUT that has never been of any comfort to me because I can think about it in the here and now--and it hurts a lot. I cry. I feel resentment because I have put so much effort into my searches only to be met with a brick wall. I ask myself why that should be when others get the proof they need. My world has shrunk. There are so many things I used to do to brighten my life that I don't--or can't--do now.My computer is my lifeline to the outside world. I still find much of interest there.  Myra.

Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by Jamboree on 12th February 2018, 07:46

Feather wrote:My computer is my lifeline to the outside world.

This is true for so many in this day and age.
In some cases the internet can serve as a life saver, literally.
Online communities like this are to be treasured.  
Pleased to see you are still visiting here, Feather. happyheart   Here's another virtual hug hug for you.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

"Moonlight Sonata" - A Morning in May

Post by Kitkat on 12th May 2018, 11:20

I can't find where to post this latest poem. I want it to be in "Poetry from the heart" but am posting it here in the hope that KK can move it to its rightful place. It was written this morning as therapy for my low mood.

[Edit: KK] (Sorry Feather - this is the only way I could do it.   Now it looks like it's been posted by me.) chair

“MOONLIGHT SONATA”—A MORNING IN MAY.

THE NOTES OF “THE MOONLIGHT” ENTER MY SOUL
AND THE MUSE RETURNS WITH QUIET STEPS
I AM THANKFUL  THROUGH MY TEARS AND SADNESS.
IMPONDERABLE THOUGHTS ENTER MY SILLY MIND
THOUGHTS MUST BE PONDERED ON THIS DAY
IN MAY WHEN SURFACE APPEARANCES FAIL TO QUENCH
MY THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE, MY DESPERATE QUEST FOR TRUTH.
ONCE MORE I ENTER THE MAZE, THE QUAGMIRE OF QUESTIONS
WHICH PLAGUE MY DAYS. STAY WITH ME, DEAR MUSE,
FOR YOU ARE MY ONLY COMPANION . THE PENDULUM OF LIFE
SWINGS NOT FROM SIDE TO SIDE BUT, PERVERSELY, RIDES THE AIR
FROM HIGH TO LOW CARRYING ME, WILLING OR UNWILLING,
IN ITS RELENTLESS POWER. I AM A SNOWFLAKE –TINY AND WEAK—
WITH NO WILL OF MY OWN BUT ONLY YOURS TO FOLLOW.
 PURPOSE? I HAVE NONE FOR THE CONSCIOUSNESS THAT IS MINE
FAILS TO LIFT THE MISTS OF DESPAIR IN MY DOUBTING SOUL.
WHERE IS THE DOOR THAT I SEEK, THE DOOR WHICH  MANY
HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO FIND? IT REMAINS OBSCURE, OUT OF REACH
OF THE EVER SEARCHING THOUGHTS WHICH ARE NOT MY FRIENDS.
DEAREST MUSE, STAY WITH ME .
Friday, 12th May,2,018.

Current date/time is 21st October 2018, 04:18