KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

The Video of the Week currently showing on LAL Portal Page is: 'Science and the Séance'

Kitkat's KK Blog

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Re: Kitkat's KK Blog

Post by Kitkat on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:08

Feather wrote:I was still rockin' and rollin' every Saturday night when I was in my late sixties --in my bare feet. How I miss my dancing days!

Memories of our magical weekend in Doncaster - the first Spiritlove meet-up, when a few of us from the Spiritlove forum first met up and Elly & Bry very kindly put us all up in their home (myself, Feather, lar-lar, Lynne, Looby Lou) - was it 2007? or 2008? ... We all went for a fabulous meal at the Doncaster Race Course and wild horses could not drag Feather away from the dance floor afterwards. Very Happy
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 16:20

mac wrote:I've never danced - much to my wife's chagrin although she does dance without me! - but I'm still running. (although not very quickly now)

I'm just hoping I'll have another year in 2019 when I can still plod along well enough to finish races without being at the back of the group!

And now when I wear my heart-rate monitor it's to try to keep my maximum heart rate at a safe value rather than trying to improve my performance - that ship has sailed. Laughing

Even if you do end up finishing the race at the back of the group, you obviously enjoy the running and it's great that you are still doing something that you enjoy so much, whatever the age.

Have you ever won or come close to winning a race, like finishing among the first three?
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on Wed 21 Nov 2018, 13:21

Your memory is so sharp,KK. I couldn't remember the names of Lynne and Looby Loo. I do recall that Elly said her house was visited by a spirit form of some kind. I think she said it was in my room.I must have scared it off.

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
mac
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Post by mac on Wed 28 Nov 2018, 03:57

Kitkat wrote:
mac wrote:I've never danced - much to my wife's chagrin although she does dance without me! - but I'm still running. (although not very quickly now)

I'm just hoping I'll have another year in 2019 when I can still plod along well enough to finish races without being at the back of the group!

And now when I wear my heart-rate monitor it's to try to keep my maximum heart rate at a safe value rather than trying to improve my performance - that ship has sailed. Laughing

Even if you do end up finishing the race at the back of the group, you obviously enjoy the running and it's great that you are still doing something that you enjoy so much, whatever the age.

Have you ever won or come close to winning a race, like finishing among the first three?

Oh no - I've never been in the category of place guys - that's for the fast lads!

Yes I still enjoy taking part in events but my recovery after such activity, or just traing, is now much slower than it used to be. That is a major factor as feeling tired in days afterwards impacts other things I do. I envy those who have so much more energy and power of recovery.

I do know I should be thankful I can do what I do because many can't do anything much at all. And I am thankful for that but still miss what I used to do. Isn't that the nature of humankind?

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 16:28