KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'EXPLORING THE UNEXPLAINED - A JOURNEY INTO SPIRITUALISM'

Kitkat's KK Blog

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: Kitkat's KK Blog

Post by Stardust on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 15:29

I'm trembling in my boots after reading that and I'm not the one going through it.

Seems you have spirits around you anyhow, Kitkat, and though you're still feeling the pain, it's some comfort to know that they're there with you.

Thinking of you. catlick
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 15:34

@Kitkat wrote:...
Carpal Tunnel in the right hand/wrist area - for which I need to get something like this 
(I'm hoping there might be a choice of different colours ... Suspect  )
I like the black, very chic.

Carpal Tunnel syndrome often occurs when the wrist lies on a hard surface while a person is typing on the computer. If you use a mouse you can put it on the edge of the table or desk so your wrist isn't resting on anything.

Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Post by Kitkat on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 15:55

@Stardust wrote:Carpal Tunnel syndrome often occurs when the wrist lies on a hard surface while a person is typing on the computer. If you use a mouse you can put it on the edge of the table or desk so your wrist isn't resting on anything.

Thanks for that, Stardust. Yes, that does seem to be the case with me.  I am trying hard to be mindful about it [the mouse thing in particular] and to rectify my posture when I find myself slipping back into the harmful positions.  Seems crazy when I think for so many years my employment as a legal secretary entailed continuous concentrated computer work for possibly 90% of the day - and I never experienced any sort of problem like this over those years.  Now of course, the proper posture positions etc are limited and somewhat hindered, due to my chronic mobility issues.  Bit of a viscious circle really.  I know what the correct thing to do is but can't always stick to that as I just have to work out the most comfortable, practical, and least painful position to adopt, holistically, at the time.

Shouldn't grumble really.  When I think back - this is something my mother suffered from (the hands) although I never, ever heard her grumble - over any of her multiple ailments.  For her, the practical and positive attitude was adopted in every situation.  When her hands became riddled with arthritis, she took to making stuffed knitted toys, loads of 'em - we've all got a relic or two in each household of the family that remains.  I've got a really cute knitted, stuffed duck - a bit like this one, only much cuter - and it's got a bright green beak (or bill?):

My favourite one is the winking leprechaun, with one green shoe and one red, and one arm longer than the other.
(bit like this fella here):
She reckoned that the repetetive knitting exercise was the best work-out and beneficial remedy for the arthritis.
Not sure if I'm quite ready yet to take up knitting ... but the time might come ....
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:31

If you could make toys like the cute ones your Mum knitted (like the photos above) you could sell them to increase your income, Kitkat, and do very well out of it.

flower

Admin
Admin

Female

The results ....

Post by Kitkat on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 00:22

The fact that my appointment with the Consultant to discuss the results was changed and brought forward by a week should have given me some indication - and I should really have sussed straight away on finding that a nurse was sitting in on my appointment with the consultant, - past experience has taught that they are always present when the bad news has to be delivered ....  turns out her name is Linda, and she is the Macmillan (cancer) nurse that has been assigned to me.
The biopsy results showed precancerous cells / abormalities connected with possible endometrial cancer.  I have to have a hysterectomy - and before that an MRI which will give a lot more info and that will probably be some time next week. 
I also have to see another consultant next week, the head guy apparently, or team leader.  Linda is going to phone me tomorrow to let me know definite dates, etc.  Quite a bit of stuff to take in for one day and I still need to digest it all properly, but quite enough for one day anyway.  Either way, it's definitely not a case of 'third time lucky'. 

to be continued ............
Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 12:40

words fail Kitkat.  I am so sorry to hear this latest news.  My thoughts are with you with love and hugs.xx

sent you a pm.  hug  catlick
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 23:55

Thanks, Whiskers and Feather, for your kind messages. happyheart
I will be having my MRI on Friday, and then on Tuesday (24th) meet with the head consultant and team to discuss the results and the forthcoming op and whatever follows on from that.  Busy time ahead. scared
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 11:44

On another matter ....

@Stardust wrote:
@Kitkat wrote:...
Carpal Tunnel in the right hand/wrist area - for which I need to get something like this 
(I'm hoping there might be a choice of different colours ... Suspect  )
I like the black, very chic.

'They' do say "Be careful what you wish for".   The physiotherapist has now supplied me with the appropriate wrist splints (one for each hand, as the Carpal Tunnel is the same in both hands and no trace of the Cubital Tunnel initially suggested).
Two different colours - neither one is black: 
One which I can only describe as a "shitty colour" (literally!) -
- and the other one a kind of a "dirty white". - 
  crybaby   Thank goodness I only have to wear them at night-time - (for 6 weeks!)
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Post by Feather on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 12:17

I sent you a message by text, kk but you have not replied. I hope you are ok. You know how sorry I am to have heard your latest news. Love and hugs. xxx.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 21:31

@Feather wrote:I sent you a message by text, kk but you have not replied. I hope you are ok. You know how sorry I am to have heard your latest news. Love and hugs. xxx.

Hi Feather,
Lovely to see you back here and posting.  happyheart  purr
Yes, I did get your text - and acknowledged and thanked you for it in my post further up.  Because of the current Carpal Tunnel situation in both hands, I'm finding it rather difficult to manage the tiny keyboard on my phone for texting, not only painful but difficult to grip things as well, anything finnicky, like opening lid of the milk, even turning taps on and off etc ... , get intermittent tingling and numbing in my fingers and hands also (that's a different ailment! but each one affects the other in one way or another) I do have a remote full-size keyboard that I can bluetooth link up with my phone to do texting, emailing etc, but of course that doesn't just fit in my pocket like the phone does, so I usually have to wait till I can get to a computer these days to answer texts and stuff.
lol - I've got so many different things wrong with me at the moment - spending some time in the hospital for this imminent op will actually be like a bit of a holiday!   I should know more on Tuesday after I meet with the Consultant and the Team - I am told to expect to be in the hospital for a minimum of 4 hours, as I will be seen by "several doctors and nurses from the Rapid Access Team".  Then I reckon the op itself will follow shortly, possibly the following week. 
It's all go!  scared
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 19 Oct 2017, 21:36

I think about you every day.xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:21

confused.

I hope it all goes ok for you Kitkat. I'll be thinking of you too.

I love you

Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Male

Post by Jamboree on Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:57

@Stardust wrote:confused.

I hope it all goes ok for you Kitkat. I'll be thinking of you too.

I love you

Ditto
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 12:01

Well, I'm back home - my appointment today took just one hour!  It wasn't the pre-assessment all-day thingy that I had thought after all.

The news is not at all as bad as I had been expecting.
MRI results showed no invasive cancer outside of the womb - which is a huge and major relief.
I will be having a full Laparoscopic Hysterectomy on 8th November. 

The op will take about 3 hours (cos they will do some repairs to my long-term hernia at the same time) - and I will be in hospital for maybe 3-4 days at most.

The all-day Pre-Assessment (which I had thought was today) will be on 2nd November.

So now that I know details and dates, I can relax for a bit.  Phew!  And possibly/hopefully be all better and fully recovered by Christmas.  flower
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 24 Oct 2017, 13:19

That is good news compared to what it might have been, kk.I'm glad that you are not having to wait for months for your op. You will be fine and able to enjoy your Christmas as usual. Wish I could magically appear at your bedside one day. xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 08:18

I'm glad you're relieved at the news, Kitkat, and I too hope all goes well and that you'll be fine again for the end of year celebrations.
catlick

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 17:06

Be thinking of you KK. Try and relax as much as you can before the op. 

And if you are still smoking - STOP!  At least just until after you've had the op. 
Please dont think that I am nagging about this, I am so not  catlick its just that it really is an important factor with the procedure that you are having.  Take it from someone who knows. geek
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:46

@Whiskers wrote:And if you are still smoking - STOP!  At least just until after you've had the op. 
Please dont think that I am nagging about this, I am so not  catlick its just that it really is an important factor with the procedure that you are having.  Take it from someone who knows. geek

Sounds like you're speaking from personal experience, Whiskers(?)  If so, I hope all is now well with you. I love you

Be assured - the ciggies were packed off to Coventry the day after I was hit with the news that the op was imminent.  Since that day, I am comforted from time to time with only the odd draw on my prettily-lit green or blue tip E-cigs!  A purely personal choice, btw (nagging doesn't do it for me anyway - more likely to turn me the other way and deliberately rebel!) No, I made my decision having since read up and digested just about all there is to know on the H subject.   lol - my bedtime reading of late is a really informative book that I have downloaded to my Kobo '101 Handy Hints for a Happy Hysterectomy'  (all the 'H's :thumb: ).

Indeed, it's pretty likely that half the docs and nurses in the hospital are themselves smokers.
When I was undergoing the hysteroscopy - as you know, no anaethestetic, so I was very much aware of what was going on around me.  In the middle of some really, excrutiatingly bad attacking waves of pain (the surgeon kept saying to me 'Tell me if you want me to stop' - and I eventually barked back at her NO!  I don't want you to stop - I'm not going through all of this hell for nothing!  Keep going and let's get this over and done with...)
Another nurse or doc or whatever (it was an all-female crew) right up by my head, was making soothing noises, saying things like 'nearly over', 'you're doing well', etc ... at one stage said what I thought to be "Have a nice cigarette"surprised   When I asked her to repeat that, I realised what she had said was 'Have a nice deep breath'.  I replied through my pain "I thought you said 'have a nice cigarette!' - and they all fell about the place laughing.  I heard the surgeon say "Oh, I could do with one of those right now too", then I heard a "me too" from one of the others. giggle
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 12:01

Just had a call from the hospital - asking if they could bring forward my op (scheduled for 8 Nov) to tomorrow (1st) !! as they have had a cancellation.
I told them no way can I make it at such short notice as there are too many arrangements to sort out - and I haven't even had the Pre-Assessment yet - that's on Thursday (2nd).
I asked her outright how come there's a cancellation - has the person died? What a Face  -She said no, she has other medical issues which render her unfit to have the op now on the day scheduled.  Poor woman ... I hope she will be OK.

They accepted my 'No can do' without hesitation and are going to try someone else on the list. 
(I wonder if they still have to pay the surgeon, anaesthetists, etc for their time even though an op has been cancelled.Hmm   Probably ...)
mac
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Post by mac on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 14:05

Following events and really feeling for you. Sad
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 17:16

As if you needed more upheaval. Thank goodness you ARE fit for your op.Please text me asap afterwards. I'll be wondering about you. x.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 21:34

So, I go into hospital the day before the op now (the 7th - Tuesday) - which is much better actually, a lot less stressful than getting in there at 7:00 am on the morn of the op.  This way I will probably at least get a bit of sleep the night before and also not have to be worrying about fighting the chaotic morning rush-hour.  After that, it's just play by ear ... I was told today I might get to go home after possibly 2 days (the consultant/surgeon had told me 3-4), someone else (can't remember where) had suggested could be anything up to 2 weeks!  I guess the consultant ought to know best. 
One thing that's for sure though, and seems to be unanimous - whatever the outcome,
I won't be able to drive for about 6 weeks afterwards. crybaby hairpull  

Meanwhile, I asked about the woman whose op was cancelled, as I couldn't stop thinking about her and hoped she was ok.  They assured me that she's OK - it was just that due to separate medical problems on the day before, she had been deemed unfit to go through the op on that day and it's just been postponed to a later date.
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Thu 02 Nov 2017, 22:36

It's good you don't have a long time to wait for your op, kk. You may indeed be only a short while in hospital but you will have to take care of yourself for quite a long time.You willbe told not to lift anything heavy or do too much in general. I'm sure you will be a good girl and obey instructions. Thank goodness you will still be able to use your computer.We shall all be waiting to hear from you. Remember you can text me. Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 12:38

This is the 7th so you will already be in hospital being taken great care of. I am thinking of you and wishing you well, KK. It'll soon be all over and you'll be on the road to recovery. Lots of love. xxx.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 13:34

@Feather wrote:This is the 7th so you will already be in hospital being taken great care of. I am thinking of you and wishing you well, KK. It'll soon be all over and you'll be on the road to recovery. Lots of love. xxx.

Hi Feather happyheart

No, I'm still at home.  My friend, Viv, is here with me (you have of course met Viv - she says 'Hello' to you and says hope all is well with you  Smile ). Minicab has been booked for 3 o'clock to take us to the hospital.
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 14:03

Say Hi to Viv from me. It's lovely that you have her with you. It makes all the difference when you have company, someone to talk to. I would be there if I could.All the best.Myra.xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Thu 09 Nov 2017, 20:25

Thinking of you KitKat.happyheart   I hope all is going well and you will soon be back home.  Take it easy for the next few weeks and dont overdue anything. Even if you feeling better outside, the inside takes a lot longer to heal.   hug
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 14:19

Got back home Friday evening. All seems to have gone well. My surgeon was a George Clooney look-alike I love you - all the nurses in there swooning over him  pirat and I'm pretty sure that not too many people would be able to say that they once had a pretty horrid experience in hospital, but the day after that they had George Clooney on their bed rubbing their tummy! happyheart Wink

The District Nurse has to come twice a day for the next 26 days to give me an injection (one morn / one eve) as apparently I was/am at risk of VTE.  surprised   Yes, I had to check it out ... but anyway sooooooooooo happy worst bit now all over.
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 16:50

i'm so relieved that it's all over and you are back home. Well done. Hope George didn't get you too excited.What's VTE?

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 12 Nov 2017, 23:13

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:29

The hospital phoned yesterday evening to tell me my results appointment (Tues, 21st Nov) has now been moved forward to Monday, 20th.  Not only is it the first one of the week, but also the first one of the day.  Been told my appointment is at 8:45 - the Department doors & Reception don't even open till 9:00.   Neutral   rock .

So, not sure whether this is a good sign or a bad one ...  e.g. Have they pushed me to the fore because there is bad news, which needs urgent follow-up attention(?); or Do they put the "good news" appointments first because they are over and done with quickly, not having to talk with other docs, have further tests done, or go through necessary further treatment arrangements, etc.  The nurse who phoned me was one I had spoken with at length at my pre-assessment appointment.  She did apologise, more than once, for the short notice - and said that I am first on the list so won't have to be hanging around waiting.

Ever the optimist, I've chosen to go with the latter. 
I also have a "feeling" that all is going to turn out well.
Have to mention at this point an incident that happened one day last week (can't remember which day it was now).
My friend was over and we were in the kitchen nattering, when we both heard a voice which seemed to be coming from the sitting room.(No-one else in the house at the time).  Went in to investigate - and found that the TV had turned itself on!  (has happened before on a number of occasions, but never when anyone else was around to witness it).  Not only had it turned itself on - but the programme that was showing was 'Medium' (fact-based TV series based around real-life medium, Alison Dubois) - and the scene that was showing was about someone called Cathy - who was visiting someone in hospital, standing by their bed and saying "You are going to get better, you're over the worst and will be out of here soon".
We obviously continued to watch the programme cyclops  and the person did indeed get better and was as right as rain not long afterwards.  Other similar "things" happened well into the rest of that evening - and my friend even joked at one stage about 'getting outa here and going home!'  Shocked ... at the same time acknowledging that she was quite fascinated to actually witness some of these 'happenings' (which I had of course spoken about in the past). cat
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 12:29

Wow, KK. That is mind boggling. How on earth could that happen? I wish it would happen to me but it never does no matter how much I want or need it.
You are right to be optimistic. It will likely be a routine thing. I hope you are gaining strength every day and being a good girl--not lifting things etc. As always, I'm thinking of you. xxx.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 15:01

So much for being the first to be seen this morning.  11:45 I eventually got seen by the consultant - and it was well worth the wait.  He said he loves doing these type of consultations - when it is good news he's delivering.  In short:  All is well.  No need for Macmillan nurse, and no follow-up needed.
The official term was complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia.  All the baddies were got rid of  stickit , and 'most importantly', were caught and dealt with in good time.  There is no maverick travelling anywhere outside of the mapped route and everything is now healing up just as it should.
I got my discharge papers today. YESSSSS wine banana
Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 20:23

Best news ever kk.  toast   I bet that's a gigantic relief for you.  You can take it easy now and relax and enjoy a stress-free recovery.  Just make sure you dont overdo the celebrations!
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Feather Yesterday at 23:14

hug  hug   hug   My internet has been unavailable for two days but it's ok now---just like you, KK. Wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.Take care of yourself. xxxxxx.

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 18:05