KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Kitkat's KK Blog

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: Kitkat's KK Blog

Post by Stardust on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 15:29

I'm trembling in my boots after reading that and I'm not the one going through it.

Seems you have spirits around you anyhow, Kitkat, and though you're still feeling the pain, it's some comfort to know that they're there with you.

Thinking of you. catlick
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 15:34

Kitkat wrote:...
Carpal Tunnel in the right hand/wrist area - for which I need to get something like this 
(I'm hoping there might be a choice of different colours ... Suspect  )
I like the black, very chic.

Carpal Tunnel syndrome often occurs when the wrist lies on a hard surface while a person is typing on the computer. If you use a mouse you can put it on the edge of the table or desk so your wrist isn't resting on anything.

Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Post by Kitkat on Sun 17 Sep 2017, 15:55

Stardust wrote:Carpal Tunnel syndrome often occurs when the wrist lies on a hard surface while a person is typing on the computer. If you use a mouse you can put it on the edge of the table or desk so your wrist isn't resting on anything.

Thanks for that, Stardust. Yes, that does seem to be the case with me.  I am trying hard to be mindful about it [the mouse thing in particular] and to rectify my posture when I find myself slipping back into the harmful positions.  Seems crazy when I think for so many years my employment as a legal secretary entailed continuous concentrated computer work for possibly 90% of the day - and I never experienced any sort of problem like this over those years.  Now of course, the proper posture positions etc are limited and somewhat hindered, due to my chronic mobility issues.  Bit of a viscious circle really.  I know what the correct thing to do is but can't always stick to that as I just have to work out the most comfortable, practical, and least painful position to adopt, holistically, at the time.

Shouldn't grumble really.  When I think back - this is something my mother suffered from (the hands) although I never, ever heard her grumble - over any of her multiple ailments.  For her, the practical and positive attitude was adopted in every situation.  When her hands became riddled with arthritis, she took to making stuffed knitted toys, loads of 'em - we've all got a relic or two in each household of the family that remains.  I've got a really cute knitted, stuffed duck - a bit like this one, only much cuter - and it's got a bright green beak (or bill?):

My favourite one is the winking leprechaun, with one green shoe and one red, and one arm longer than the other.
(bit like this fella here):
She reckoned that the repetetive knitting exercise was the best work-out and beneficial remedy for the arthritis.
Not sure if I'm quite ready yet to take up knitting ... but the time might come ....
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:31

If you could make toys like the cute ones your Mum knitted (like the photos above) you could sell them to increase your income, Kitkat, and do very well out of it.

flower

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 00:16