KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

+2
Kitkat
Curious
6 posters

Good friends

Curious
    Curious

Good friends Empty Good friends

Post by Curious Wed 09 Mar 2016, 01:53

This is a Rave, how important good friends are to our well being.
    happyheart
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Good friends Empty Re: Good friends

Post by Kitkat Wed 09 Mar 2016, 12:10

Curious wrote:This is a Rave, how important good friends are to our well being.
    happyheart

Oh, absolutely.  I totally agree.  Good friends should be cherished - and nurtured.  It's a two-way thing.

And I believe totally in the saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed".  It's only when you really are in need that you find out who your real, true friends are. 

We probably all go through life with a number of what I call "Fairweather Friends" and these may also be essential to our well being - at that time in our/their lives.  We may even ourselves have been a Fairweather Friend to someone else at some (perhaps crucial) time in our/their lives.  I think those Fairweather Friends may also play an important role and impact in all our lives and wellbeing.
    Of course, our circumstances/needs and those of our friends do go through changes throughout our lives, which means that sometimes we (or our friends) may change also to meet those circumstances.

Not everyone has a friend or friends that they have known all through their lives, through all the changes and all the ups and downs.  Those of us who have known such friendships can surely count ourselves lucky and blessed.
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Wed 09 Mar 2016, 15:03

So true.  I have two friends that I have known most of my life, one of them from our school days and the other one I used to work with. We have been on a few holidays together all 3. We all live far from each other now, one has now got married and gone to live in the Isle of Wight, but we still keep in contact and meet up with each other as often as we can. Our families are now friends with each other too.  My life would be very different without those two very special friends. happyheart
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Thu 10 Mar 2016, 00:33

I couldn't have said it better than both of you. I'm glad that you've been blessed as I have. YESSSSS
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 09 Apr 2016, 13:36

Strange that I have come across this topic now. My best friend in terms of years passed away last May and I can truthfully tell you that I have not yet recovered from losing her. Yet--in an odd way-- the loss of another close friend this week is more hurtful as she is still alive and has chosen to cut me off. I've given the details and written a hurried poem in my "Feather by the sea" thread.I'm hurting so much. I can't believe what has happened. We've been close pals for about 30 years and have had lunch together at my house nearly every  week  at my house since we both retired. It's like she's turned into a different person.
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Sat 09 Apr 2016, 17:22

Feather wrote:Strange that I have come across this topic now. My best friend in terms of years passed away last May and I can truthfully tell you that I have not yet recovered from losing her. Yet--in an odd way-- the loss of another close friend this week is more hurtful as she is still alive and has chosen to cut me off. I've given the details and written a hurried poem in my "Feather by the sea" thread.I'm hurting so much. I can't believe what has happened. We've been close pals for about 30 years and have had lunch together at my house nearly every  week  at my house since we both retired. It's like she's turned into a different person.

I have just read your poem Feather.  It sounds very final, as though you are resigned to the fact that there is no chance of you both sorting things out.  You never know, maybe the both of you just need some time and space to calm down.  As the saying goes, hope springs eternal.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 09 Apr 2016, 19:30

I've had this "final" feeling for a couple of days but it has struck me that maybe--just maybe-- when she wrote that it was her "final response" she meant concerning this problem and not about our friendship. The trouble is she won't email me or read my facebook comments so I'd have to phone her. I'm not brave  enough to do that.
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Mon 11 Apr 2016, 18:28

Perhaps you could send her a card with a brief note inside.  There are cards nowadays for everything, where the card and the verse in it says everything you want to say. You have nothing to lose by doing that.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Mon 11 Apr 2016, 22:08

She has shown me how shallow her friendship has really been. More hurt may lie in store for me if I do that. I'm not strong enough. I'm getting over this episode slowly but I can't risk further hurt. The things she said cannot be unsaid and have revealed to me a side of her I did not know existed. I am walking away.
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Thu 28 Apr 2016, 04:45

I read some of what you wrote in your blog about this. I truly feel that you have every right to feel hurt, she should've invited you to visit her. My heart goes out to you.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Thu 28 Apr 2016, 09:57

Thank you for your understanding, Curious. I will never stop hurting over what has happened but I intend to fill my life with other things otherwise I might as well lie down and die now. I thought Jean was one of my rocks but seemingly not.
    Curious
    Curious

Post by Curious Sat 30 Apr 2016, 08:30

We don't understand why these hurtful things happen, all we can do is move on, as I'm glad to see you are doing. By the way I want to compliment you on your talent for writing poetry.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sat 30 Apr 2016, 09:34

Thank you, Curious. I take no kudos from my poetry.In fact, it's in the writing of it that I most strongly feel there is another dimension somewhere which is the origin of it all. I don't compose it. It comes to me from elsewhere -----or seems to. The thoughts, phrases, images etc come to me when I need them, especially on sad occasions when my emotions are overpowering me. Many times, when I've sat with a blank page in front of me,hoping to create a poem, nothing happens, the Muse deserts me, but when I'm upset, the images appear, the connections are made and the poem flows.It's a mystery.x.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sun 08 May 2016, 16:35

Keep your head high and smile at the world, Feather. If we gave up after every heartache, as you write yourself we may as well give up on life altogether.

happyheart happyheart happyheart
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Sun 08 May 2016, 16:54

O, Stardust, how lovely to hear from you again. I have missed you. Are you ok?
    Don't worry about me. I have climbed out of the pit again. I have been making a real effort to make other friends. Well--when I say "other friends", I mean old friends from school days. Seven of us went out for lunch on Thursday. We had a great afternoon ending up at the house of one friend for coffee and more chat. We intend to do this again. The most touching moment was as we left to go home. Hazel--whose house it was---called me back from the rest and actually whispered in my ear, "I miss you." She is my oldest pal of all as we played together when we were kids. For 60 years we've exchanged Xmas cards but had very little other contact.Our paths diverged after school days. I can hardly believe she revealed her feelings secretly like that to me. I intend to keep in touch with her from now on.
    yay
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sun 08 May 2016, 17:11

Hello again, young Feather.

Well now, see how that came out. Jean turned her back on you, but you left your door open and other old friends came in and filled up the empty space she left.

When things seem at their darkest, the sun peeps through the cloudy sky to light and bring warmth to the world. May you never feel the cold in your heart again.

rock Very Happy
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Mon 09 May 2016, 13:55

The silver lining in the cloudy sky.  Smile
    Good that the sun is shining for you again Feather. sunny

Hello Stardust. wave   Glad you are back.
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Mon 09 May 2016, 16:09

This is a lovely, friendly forum. I'm chuffed to be here with you all.
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Wed 11 May 2016, 21:09

Hello to all! Will slowly work my way reading posts. Missed you  happyheart
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Wed 11 May 2016, 21:37

Hello, Lar. We had just about given up on you. I'm sooooo happy to hear from you. How are you?
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Wed 11 May 2016, 22:53

ah, been so busy with so many things.  hairpull xx
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Wed 11 May 2016, 23:59

Yay!  Great to see you back here, lar-lar. yay   Missed ya ...
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Thu 12 May 2016, 13:51

Hi KK! I suppose it'd be easier to read your blog than ask how you're doing? x purr x
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Thu 12 May 2016, 13:52

Hi to stardust too! 

Still reading around but time very limited as of yet I have no idea if Bongobeachbum still posts? and BB?
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Thu 12 May 2016, 15:16

JJ not posted for ages.BB still here.xx.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Sun 15 May 2016, 15:46

JJ and BB ? What a Face 

Hey, lar-lar, welcome back. flower
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Sun 15 May 2016, 20:37

Hi Stardust. Looking forward to catching up via your posts.

Hello BB!
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sun 15 May 2016, 22:53

Stardust wrote:JJ and BB ? What a Face 

JJ = Umberto Cocopop
    BB = bimbow
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Thu 09 Jun 2016, 09:43

Thanks, Kitkat.

A good friend is like:
    the dawn chorus filling the world with the cheerful song of birds awakening
    a flower opening in the early sunshine to show us its full beauty
    the notes of a violin playing a happy tune
    the full moon shining down from among the stars...

A good friend is rare and to be treasured.
    happyheart
    Feather
    Feather

Post by Feather Thu 09 Jun 2016, 10:32

You said it all there, Stardust. I feel so fortunate to have real friends here.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 10 Jun 2016, 18:18

Feather wrote:I feel so fortunate to have  real friends here.

Me too.  happyheart

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 23:07