KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

4 posters

Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling'

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling' Empty Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling'

Post by Kitkat Thu 22 Oct 2015, 20:15

Makes me laugh when these scientists get all excited because 'new research has found strong evidence' of something that we already know.

Like (for instance) .....

'Our feline friends aren't quite as emotionally distant as we might think. They seem to be able to sense our moods'

But it looks like our feline companions pay more attention than we give them credit for. They seem to be able to tell when we are happy.

New research has found the first strong evidence that cats are sensitive to human emotional gestures.

The findings have apparently been published in the journal: Animal Cognition

readmore  HERE
    Stardust
    Stardust

Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling' Empty Re: Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling'

Post by Stardust Wed 04 Nov 2015, 09:10

Animals are usually much better at picking up on our moods than other humans. They nuzzle up and offer comfort when the people around you might be completely oblivious that you're feeling down. Anyone who's had a pet knows that.
    Curious
    Curious

Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling' Empty Re: Scientists discover 'Your cat can pick up on how you are feeling'

Post by Curious Sat 07 Nov 2015, 02:37

My friends two dogs know her moods, I have a cat, he is with me constantly, following me, sitting on me, so it's hard to tell whether
    he notices my moods.surprised he's sitting on me right now as I type.
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Sat 07 Nov 2015, 16:14

Curious wrote:I have a cat, he is with me constantly, following me, sitting on me, so it's hard to tell whether
    he notices my moods. surprised he's sitting on me right now as I type.

I know just what its like!  Our cat at home doesnt like being ignored.  He will jump up and run across the keyboard  rock if he thinks you're giving more attention to the computer than to him!  Same if I'm on the landphone for too long, he will come and press on the dialing pad with his paws and tickle my face with his tail so I can't continue.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Sat 07 Nov 2015, 19:16

giggle  Could be worse, Whiskers ... My cat Pepsi is no longer with us now - but that cat used to "talk" with his tail and if he didn't like something or wanted it to stop - or wanted you to get up out of bed, you would get this almightly thump across the face with that tail!  Where the strength came from I don't know - but it was definitely something you couldn't ignore.  If you tried to, he would just keep on doing it, and then turn around and stare into your face until you reacted.  If you didn't, you'd just get another wallop with the tail.  He used to do it to his sister, Poppy, as well.
    All cats have their own individual personalities and characteristics, just as we humans do.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 20:06