KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

INVENTOR OF ADHD'S DEATHBED CONFESSION: I made it up

Kitkat
    Kitkat

INVENTOR OF ADHD'S DEATHBED CONFESSION: I made it up Empty INVENTOR OF ADHD'S DEATHBED CONFESSION: I made it up

Post by Kitkat Sun 19 May 2013, 16:09

Hmm, now why doesn't this surprise me?

The German weekly Der Spiegel quoted in its cover story on 2 February 2012 the US American psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg, born in 1922 as the son of Russian Jewish immigrants, who was the “scientific father of ADHD” and who said at the age of 87, seven months before his death in his last interview: “ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease”
    http://www.worldpublicunion.org/2013-03-27-NEWS-inventor-of-adhd-says-adhd-is-a-fictitious-disease.html

Do we really need reminding of this?
    The task of psychologists, educators and doctors is not to put children on the “chemical lead” because the entire society cannot handle the products of its misguided theories of man and raising children, and instead hands over our children to the free pharmaceutical market. Let us return to the basic matter of personal psychology and education: The child is to acquire personal responsibility and emphatic behavior under expert guidance – and that takes the family and the school: In these fields, the child should be able to lead off mentally. This constitutes the core of the human person.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 12:44