KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

Turmeric as an antibiotic?

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Turmeric as an antibiotic? Empty Turmeric as an antibiotic?

Post by Kitkat Sat 02 Apr 2011, 18:45

A rather strange thing happened today... On the way to meet my friend, I popped into a little shop attached to the Tube Station to get some cigarettes. The shop assistant on handing me the packet said ... "You know you shouldn't smoke". Yes, I said, I do know that, it's an awful habit. "Not good for your health", he then said. As I was handing him the money, he asked "Do you know what turmeric is?" Yes, I replied. "Have you got any turmeric in your home?" I do, yes. "And do you drink milk?" Yes, I replied (wondering what's with all these questions ... :scratch: ) "Well ..." he said, "Can I give you a tip?" Fire away, I replied. Question When you go home, spoon some turmeric into a glass of milk, stir it and drink it. It is a very effective antibiotic and unlike pills and tablet forms of antibiotic, has no side effects whatsoever".

Now, I'm pretty sure this guy doesn't go around asking that same question to everyone that comes into his shop for ciggies ... I've been in there before on the odd occasion and no such routine was applied to me. How did this guy 'know' that I might particularly benefit at this very moment in time from some form of antibiotic (having spent all of yesterday in hospital having a radioactive liquid injected into a vein for a 'Nuclear Medicine Full Body Bone Scan' , and that also I suffer from severe reaction to almost any antibiotic/drug and indeed avoid drugs of any kind if I can possibly help it (ok, the ciggies are drugs, yes I know ... but that aside ...) My whole system is upset at the moment after yesterday's ordeal, as it will apparently take about 72 hours before the toxic stuff is out of my system, I have been drinking loads of water to help flush it out of my system and get back to my normal regular 'routine'.
    Then! ... that wasn't the end of his advice ... "Another tip for you ... some water in one glass, milk in the other. Pour each into the other alternatively a few times, then shake the end product vigorously and drink before you go to bed. This is very effective for urinary infection" (another current result of yesterday's toxic infusion!!! )

Was this very unusual situation simply coincidence? Surely he doesn't make a habit of saying this to everyone ... Whether his tips and advice actually work or not is another matter (I actually put turmeric on my shopping list today geek ... no harm in trying, eh?) but anyway whether they work or not is irrelevant. I'm going to frequent that shop a little more in future ... purely to check and see if it's the case that he does the same with everyone. If not .... well, I just have to wonder .... could he actually tell? Was he able to pick up the vibes of my condition? Psychically? Telepathically? Whatever - I aim to find out ... Watch this space.
    Meantime, I'm off to have a little snack now ... some Bourneville chocolate to go with my turmeric milkshake.

PS: When I had popped into the shop today, I was actually on my way to try out a "free healing session", not far from there. My friend was coming along too and that's why I was meeting her from the Tube Station. We arrived there (20 mins after my strange conversation in the shop) to find out the session had been cancelled. The organiser had left instructions with the Receptionist there to ring her so that I could speak with her on the phone. She had got in touch with all the prospective attendees to let them know the session had been called off, but said I was the only one she had been unable to reach to inform of the cancellation.
    Stardust
    Stardust

Turmeric as an antibiotic? Empty Re: Turmeric as an antibiotic?

Post by Stardust Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:02

These strange things often happen to you, Kitkat.
    Turmeric is said to have a lot of health benefits.
    First time I heard of it in milk though and I never heard about the water and milk mixture either.
    The version I know is to sprinkle turmeric powder on food, and to boost the effects sprinkle a little black pepper on top.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Mon 04 Apr 2011, 19:44

Well, I would never have thought of putting turmeric into milk either. In fact, my first thought would be YUKK! No I did try it yesterday though, and it's really quite delicious. I like the taste of it. Going to make it a daily thing now - and of course there's the added benefit with the milk (calcium). flower
    Pixie
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 09:00

I read your post on S/L yesterday and found it interesting KK.

I went to the library last night and came across a book about health, I was glancing through it last night and came across a part about Turmeric. It seems to be good for arthritis as well and I also found out that grapefruit juice is also beneficial. My mum is waiting for her hip op but it won't be for another few months, meanwhile she has to suffer so I will be telling her to get some. So thanks KK for posting. You get a ⭐ from me! Wink
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Fri 08 Apr 2011, 13:29

Hi Pixie.
    Watch out for grapefruit juice which can counteract the effects of certain medications.
    Pixie
    Pixie

Post by Pixie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 13:44

Stardust wrote:Hi Pixie.
    Watch out for grapefruit juice which can counteract the effects of certain medications.

Bloody hell! Shocked

Thanks for posting that Stardust.....it should be pineapple juice! Shocked

She is just on painkillers at the moment but you are quite correct, grapefruit does interact with them and other medications. I don't know why I got mixed up lol, must be sunstroke! sunny

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 12:55