KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

App launched to translate your cat's miaow!

Kitkat
    Kitkat

App launched to translate your cat's miaow! Empty App launched to translate your cat's miaow!

Post by Kitkat Wed 18 Nov 2020, 19:54

Whatever next ...!  surprised   facepalm

'App launched to translate your cat's miaow'

An app that aims to translate your cat’s miaow has been developed by a former Amazon Alexa engineer.
    App launched to translate your cat's miaow! _1155510

MeowTalk records the sound and then attempts to identify the meaning.

The cat's owner also helps to label the translation, creating a database for the AI software to learn from.

Currently, there are only 13 phrases in the app’s vocabulary including: “Feed me!”, “I’m angry!” and “Leave me alone!”

Research suggests that, unlike their human servants, cats do not share a language.

Each cat’s miaow is unique and tailored to its owner, with some more vocal than others.

So, instead of a generic database for cat sounds, the app's translation differs with each individual profile.

By recording and labelling sounds, the artificial intelligence and machine-learning software can better understand each individual cat's voice - the more it's used, the more accurate it can become.

readmore  https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54991693

Currently, there are only 13 phrases in the app’s vocabulary including: “Feed me!”, “I’m angry!” and “Leave me alone!”
    Well, they've got that wrong for a start.  Obviously this former Amazon Alexa engineer has never 'owned' more than one cat.  
    Anyone that's lived with two cats or more for any length of time will know that when they 'speak' to each other there's a whole different vocabulary that they share with each other, totally different from the cat/human conversation ...
    Perhaps an updated version of the Alexa Miaowtalk will discover that at some future date.

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 20:31