KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud Empty Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud

Post by Kitkat Thu 14 Jun 2012, 15:35

http://www.soundcloud.com/ham-gorilla

Well ... it's of interest to me, as it's my brother (Ham Gorilla) singing and playing his guitar.

The 'Ham Gorilla' comes from the fact that he is based in Saudi Arabia, and the most common phrase you hear there (basically at the end of every sentence really) is 'Hamdul'il Allah' (sounds like ham gorilla Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud 40742102 ) - which means 'Praise Allah'. Himself and the other expats there take great delight in 'innocently' repeating this phrase as often as possible to their unsuspecting Arab co-workers. Bit naughty, I know ... as ham (pork) is of course quite an insult to anyone from that persuasion .... and then to link that with 'gorilla'. Weelll ... life is pretty austere out there at the best of times, so they have to make the most of it in any way they can. 8)
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud Empty Re: Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud

Post by lar-lar Wed 27 Jun 2012, 20:44

Very nice! He has a fabulous voice - just lovely.

I hear the sound of the guitar every day Smile)))) Just got the little man one and he's quite good even as a complete beginner. I've long loved the sound of the guitar.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:22

He plays the saxaphone too. Smile And my niece has taken up the guitar now as well. We had some great sessions when the two of them were over here last. Actually, my brother is over here on his hols at the moment (hasn't got his guitar with him though). He left for Holland today where my niece is. It's her Graduation Day tomorrow. So sad that I can't be there too. He'll be back on Monday for another while here, then off over to Ireland.
    lar-lar wrote:Just got the little man one and he's quite good even as a complete beginner. I've long loved the sound of the guitar.
    Is that your youngest lad, lar-lar? How lovely. Does he have a good singing voice also? What kind of music is he into?
    lar-lar
    lar-lar

Post by lar-lar Mon 30 Jul 2012, 00:05

I love the sound of the sax Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud 631737971 Talented brother you have there.

Yes, my youngest. I don't know if he has a nice singing voice now - I haven't heard his proper one in ages, just some squarking to some pop songs. Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud 3458887598 But his nice one must still be there but he's lost interest.

Shame - it really was lovely - and noticed too..he was a select few invited to a cathedral to be a choirboy for the day.

He loves musical instruments. He has a harmonica, guitar and an accordian. Next year, he's most likely to add another but I've drawn the line at a drum kit. Ham Gorilla's Soundcloud 3571393502

He's actually a gifted child academically too. His grades are quite fantastic. Out of over 300 kids, he got in the top 5 for a science score.

We made a pact - he gives me an easy life for doing well at school and I'll give him an easy home life ( as in he's allowed be to as lazy as he wants) Some may not agree with that but it works for us.

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 03:43