KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought?

Kitkat
    Kitkat

First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought? Empty First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought?

Post by Kitkat Sat 12 Nov 2011, 14:27

Mine was on vinyl. They used to call them singles in those days ... but this wasn't actually a single, it was an EP, same size as a single but it had two tracks on each side.

Side 1:

The Sound of Silence

Scarborough Fair

Side 2:

Mrs Robinson:

April Come She Will

I love absolutely everything that Simon & Garfunkel have done, very hard to pick a favourite .. but this one has very special meaning for me. Kathy's Song

(but then again ... ALL of their stuff does ...)
    Pixie
    Pixie

First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought? Empty Re: First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought?

Post by Pixie Fri 25 Nov 2011, 09:35

It was either Are Friends Electric by Gary Numan and Tubeway Army or I don't Like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats, it's a close call between the two, I used to buy a single every week with my pocket money.First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought? 4276145973

(sighs) The good old days of vinyl. The crackles, the jumping, the hissing, the scratches, the mother chucking it out of the window during a psychotic menopausal episode First disc, CD, record, single, LP ... that you ever bought? 481982875

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 03:53