KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

4 posters

The Christmas Thread 2019

Kitkat
    Kitkat

The Christmas Thread 2019 Empty The Christmas Thread 2019

Post by Kitkat Wed 11 Dec 2019, 18:45

The Christmas tree made of knives, bullets and cigarette lighters

The Christmas Thread 2019 _110090905_top-pic
    (Images copyright Martynas Jaugelavicius)

It's beginning to feel a lot like... you know what.
    And if you are feeling festive - a Christmas tree - might well be twinkling away in your living room or hallway.
    But we bet the decorations hanging from it don't include knives, cigarette lighters and bullets.
    Vilnius Airport in Lithuania has unveiled its alternative festive tree - made entirely of items confiscated from passengers.

The Christmas Thread 2019 _110090909_ltoumartynojaugelaviciausnuotr-6

The tree which is 1.5m (5ft) tall took just over two weeks to create - but it's not just been done for the novelty value.
    "The aim is to send an educational message on the importance of aviation security," said a spokesperson from Vilnius Airport.
    "The items are prohibited to carry in hand luggage and were taken away from passengers during screening. Knives, scissors, lighters, blades, and all sorts of other dangerous goods.
    "So if you don't want your personal, yet prohibited, belongings to land on next year's Christmas tree, better check out the baggage requirements before you pack for your next flight."

The Christmas Thread 2019 _110090912__109938794_creeltreethree
    Ullapool's Creel Tree

And it's not just the Lithuanian airport that has got creative with the Christmas tree concept this year.
    The village of Ullapool, on the shores of a west Highlands sea loch, has erected a 9m (29.5ft) "tree" made from fishing gear.
    It's made from over 340 creels - a cage used for catching shellfish - and is the latest version of a Ullapool tradition dating back to 2016.

The Christmas Thread 2019 _110091786_gettyimages-1187426667
    A ship with a Christmas tree made of LED lights on board the SV Dar Mlodziezy in Poland

The popularity of non-traditional trees might also be down to people being keen to have a more eco-friendly festive season.
    According to Friends of the Earth, over 8 million Christmas tree are bought in the UK every December. That's a lot of potential for those trees to have a sizeable carbon footprint if they aren't sourced from somewhere near your home, or to be discarded in a way that causes unnecessary waste.
    Sustainable alternatives include growing your own tree (holly, apple and Japanese Maple are recommended), renting one or just making sure you burn it, plant it or give it to your local council's green waste scheme when you're done.
    People are also being encouraged to make the most out of their pine trees once the festive season is over - with suggestions including eating it - yes, really.
    Stardust
    Stardust

The Christmas Thread 2019 Empty Re: The Christmas Thread 2019

Post by Stardust Thu 26 Dec 2019, 11:03

Don't like the first tree, very negative, but the second two are original.

Sorry I missed wishing you all a Merry Christmas so I hope you had a very good one and are making the most of Boxing Day.

Still time to wish you all here a very  HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2020.
    May it bring good health as a priority and also much happiness since if you can keep smiling through the difficult times you've already won half the battle.

For each of you a little sparkling magic and a big hug

With a special thought for Feather and Kitkat happyheart
    Love and light coming to you on silver and golden wings.

xxxx  flower
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Thu 26 Dec 2019, 17:22

Hoping you are enjoying your Christmas too Stardust. And wishing you a very happy new year with the very same meaningful message as you have passed on here.  Right back to you.   happyheart   sunny

"May it bring good health as a priority and also much happiness since if you can keep smiling through the difficult times you've already won half the battle." purr

Some more unconventional Christmas trees

The Mobile Phone tree
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Mobilephone-tree

Wine Cork Christmas tree
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Cork-tree

CD & Cassette tree
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Casette-tree

Mirrored Christmas tree
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Mirror-tree

Hillside Christmas tree
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Hillside-tree
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 27 Dec 2019, 13:30

Stardust wrote:Don't like the first tree, very negative, but the second two are original.

Sorry I missed wishing you all a Merry Christmas so I hope you had a very good one and are making the most of Boxing Day.

Still time to wish you all here a very  HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2020.
    May it bring good health as a priority and also much happiness since if you can keep smiling through the difficult times you've already won half the battle.

For each of you a little sparkling magic and a big hug

With a special thought for Feather and Kitkat happyheart
    Love and light coming to you on silver and golden wings.

xxxx  flower

What a lovely surprise to see your post, Stardust. happyheart   Thank you for your wishes and special thoughts.

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas celebrations, and here's wishing you much love, luck, laughter and happiness and good health for you and yours throughout the new year, 2020. hug

The Christmas Thread 2019 S-l225
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Fri 27 Dec 2019, 13:36

Lovely Christmas tree pics, Whiskers.

I love the Hillside one (the last of those pics) - how lovely it must be for that little valley town to be able to see that beautiful view from possibly even from their own windows and doorsteps.  Wish I knew where that was ... I'm sure I've seen that hillside Christmas tree before; perhaps it's just a copy from years ago, or maybe, wherever it is, they do the same thing every year.
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Post by Whiskers Sat 28 Dec 2019, 18:12

Kitkat wrote:Lovely Christmas tree pics, Whiskers.

I love the Hillside one (the last of those pics) - how lovely it must be for that little valley town to be able to see that beautiful view from possibly even from their own windows and doorsteps.  Wish I knew where that was ... I'm sure I've seen that hillside Christmas tree before; perhaps it's just a copy from years ago, or maybe, wherever it is, they do the same thing every year.

I think you would love these places kk

The Christmas Thread 2019 Winter-Illuminations-at-Bihoku-Hillside-Park-6-of-35

The Christmas Thread 2019 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSxdnGQ8ou5QDyZZpliumCZX5pip1aVXr068KgD6T3YoEmql6k&s The Christmas Thread 2019 Bihoku-Park-Winter-Illumination-6
    The Christmas Thread 2019 Bihoku-Park-Winter-Illumination-5

The Christmas Thread 2019 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnVK8Q2c43SijJNuRMX5Thcq3Cnv0bINkNTbcszleF1WIqwzCs&s The Christmas Thread 2019 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp9WFVXu0AN89zb4wlu7xLaigt7XmbAqLe3X2z1ol8kf_Z_6S3&sThe Christmas Thread 2019 Terrace6-1024x683

The Christmas Thread 2019 Main6
    ameliawatson
    ameliawatson

Post by ameliawatson Thu 05 Nov 2020, 10:34

Really nice creativity, At this Christmas i thought about it to buy Christmas tree or some Christmas items in advance just start searching about it and also i have some previous [spam link removed by Admin], i really like Christmas season and their holidays.

The Christmas Thread 2019 Spam-thumb

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 23:20