KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Bioacoustics

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Bioacoustics Empty Bioacoustics

Post by Kitkat Sun 10 Feb 2019, 11:32

This article is taken from The Free Dictionary - Article of the Day, one of the widgets in the side bar of the Forum, which automatically changes every day and so will disappear tomorrow with a different article taking its place.  Some of those articles I find very interesting and don't want to lose them to oblivion, and so I thought might be a good idea to keep [what I consider] some of the significantly interesting ones here on the forum.
    This particular one could actually appropriately fit under any of the categories here on the forum, but I'll put it here to start off.

Bioacoustics Birdsinging03182006
    Bioacoustics

Bioacoustics is the study of the relation between living organisms and sound, focusing on the neurophysiological, anatomical, and evolutionary basis of sounds produced and detected by animals, especially those involved in communication.  It was established as a scientific discipline by Slovene biologist Ivan Regen, whose experiments with crickets in the early 20th century proved that insects respond to acoustic stimuli produced by other individuals.  What animal sounds are humans unable to hear?  More...

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 02:33