KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

Antwerp Railway Station.

bimbow
    bimbow

Antwerp Railway Station. Empty Antwerp Railway Station.

Post by bimbow Mon 02 Jul 2018, 23:04

It's a few years since I visited, but it is the most amazing station. I stumbled across this "Grease" based video which is great fun, and it brought back memories. Hope members enjoy.

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Antwerp Railway Station. Empty Re: Antwerp Railway Station.

Post by Kitkat Tue 03 Jul 2018, 14:39

I did so enjoy that.  I just love those surprise flash mob happenings - occurring all over the world now.
    Whoever thought up this idea is an absolute genius.  I would love to see footage of the first ever flash mob wherever that might have been.  Does anyone know?

Here's one a bit ... lot closer to home.  Brent Cross Shopping Centre.  I was actually there on that day!  Didn't see it start up (which is actually the best bit with these happenings), it was already in full swing when I got there.  Very Happy

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 03 Jul 2018, 14:57

I have now looked up the origin of the flash mob - the first one occurred on 3rd June 2008 in New York City.
    I also found this very interesting article:

'History of Flash mob and their Videos'
    http://web.colby.edu/am297/history-of-flash-mob-and-their-videos/

The history of flash mobs is quite interesting, especially since it was not started to be a youtube video phenomenon. The first time anything similar to a flash mob was even thought of and described came from a novella, written in 1973, “Flash Crowd” by science fiction writer Larry Niven. In the story, people swarm a highly broadcasted event, using teleportation, and create riots. These groups usually, purposefully, intensify the situation that is currently happening in order to exploit that particular instance, and create mass confusion. The crowds of tele-porters become known as “flash crowds”. This idea sounds eerily similar to what modern flash mobs have become, except they use regular modes of transportation to cause the confusion and event.
    bimbow
    bimbow

Post by bimbow Wed 22 Aug 2018, 21:55

Another old Flash Mob.  They don't seem to be as popular as they were.  This one is wonderfully amateurish - poor sound and dreadful tuning......but it works.

And here is Ravel's wonderful original orchestration conducted in an unusual style by Christoph Eschenbach.

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 13:07