KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

The Video of the Week currently showing on LAL Portal Page is: 'Reality and the Extended Mind'

Astigmatism anyone?

OreoCat85
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Job/hobbies : Full Time Mother & Wife

Astigmatism anyone?

Post by OreoCat85 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:37

Turns out I have something called Astigmatism in my right eye, hence why I struggle to read small font or books.  So I now have prescription glasses!
About a few weeks into getting them I caught an eye infection and turns out I have Dry Eye Syndrome too!  Which ended up me going to Eye Casualty.
But I'm ok now, anyone else ever had this before?

"Thanking you all for allowing me to be apart of this wonderful group!"

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Re: Astigmatism anyone?

Post by Kitkat on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 15:28

A regular eye test at the opticians a few years ago showed up a slight astigmatism in one of my eyes, but pretty much normal and nothing to worry about - I had never noticed anything 'wrong' before that, and anyway it was taken care of within the making up of the varifocals I had decided to get at that time.  Previous to that I had just started using reading glasses, but as 90% of my everyday work at the time (legal secretary) entailed concentrated usage of a computer and I would have to take off the glasses every time I wanted to speak to someone or greet a client etc, I decided the varifocals would make life a bit easier.
Now retired from work (on health reasons), I still hog the computer at home for a large part of the day ... but most of the time I wear my glasses on my head! and these are generally random reading glasses that I've purchased for around £5 or £6.  They do the job!

Current date/time is Sun 16 Dec 2018, 18:40