KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

Astigmatism anyone?

OreoCat85
    OreoCat85

Job/hobbies : Housekeeping Assistant

Astigmatism anyone? Empty Astigmatism anyone?

Post by OreoCat85 Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:37

Turns out I have something called Astigmatism in my right eye, hence why I struggle to read small font or books.  So I now have prescription glasses!
    About a few weeks into getting them I caught an eye infection and turns out I have Dry Eye Syndrome too!  Which ended up me going to Eye Casualty.
    But I'm ok now, anyone else ever had this before?
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Astigmatism anyone? Empty Re: Astigmatism anyone?

Post by Kitkat Tue 28 Mar 2017, 15:28

A regular eye test at the opticians a few years ago showed up a slight astigmatism in one of my eyes, but pretty much normal and nothing to worry about - I had never noticed anything 'wrong' before that, and anyway it was taken care of within the making up of the varifocals I had decided to get at that time.  Previous to that I had just started using reading glasses, but as 90% of my everyday work at the time (legal secretary) entailed concentrated usage of a computer and I would have to take off the glasses every time I wanted to speak to someone or greet a client etc, I decided the varifocals would make life a bit easier.
    Now retired from work (on health reasons), I still hog the computer at home for a large part of the day ... but most of the time I wear my glasses on my head! and these are generally random reading glasses that I've purchased for around £5 or £6.  They do the job!

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 09:15