KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

Terror Attack in London, UK

OreoCat85
    OreoCat85

Job/hobbies : Housekeeping Assistant

Terror Attack in London, UK  Empty Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by OreoCat85 Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:14

Last week on Wednesday I was rushed off my feet as I was going out that night and I had the school runs to do, craft club to attend and amongst other things that had been going on my life, It wasn't until the husband came home and told me their was an ongoing terroist attack in the capital city of our country.
    Read more here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/victims-london-terror-attack-murdered-police-officer-named-keith/
    Luckily I wasn't anywhere nearby, I was over 250 miles away but not the point, what is this world coming too?
    bimbow
    bimbow

Terror Attack in London, UK  Empty Re: Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by bimbow Tue 28 Mar 2017, 21:58

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Terror Attack in London, UK  Empty Re: Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by Kitkat Tue 28 Mar 2017, 22:28

bimbow wrote:Aldershot, Birmingham, Brighton, etc.  Not happy reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bombings_during_the_Northern_Ireland_Troubles_and_peace_process

I lived through all those times and remember vividly all the terror incidents mentioned therein (and indeed other stuff that wasn't covered in the news internationally).
    That link is not comprehensive though - because during those years there were several other such 'incidents' (hijacking of planes, bombings, etc) - and I remember whenever the news came out of such a terror-related incident, the first question on everyone's lips was "Was it 'the Irish' or 'the Arabs'(?)  It was quite the norm in those days for streets/shops/tube stations etc to be closed for hours on end, due to 'bomb threats', many of which were false, but owing to the prevalent circumstances, each one had to be taken seriously.

No social media, mobile phones or computers at the time bringing the news instantaneously to every individual.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 06:32