KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'BEYOND THOUGHT: AWARENESS ITSELF'

Terror Attack in London, UK

EndoWarriror
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Star sign : Scorpio
Chinese zodiac : Buffalo

Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by EndoWarriror on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:14

Last week on Wednesday I was rushed off my feet as I was going out that night and I had the school runs to do, craft club to attend and amongst other things that had been going on my life, It wasn't until the husband came home and told me their was an ongoing terroist attack in the capital city of our country.
Read more here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/victims-london-terror-attack-murdered-police-officer-named-keith/
Luckily I wasn't anywhere nearby, I was over 250 miles away but not the point, what is this world coming too?

"Thanking you all for allowing me to be apart of this wonderful group!"

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Male

Re: Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by bimbow on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 21:58

Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Re: Terror Attack in London, UK

Post by Kitkat on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 22:28

I lived through all those times and remember vividly all the terror incidents mentioned therein (and indeed other stuff that wasn't covered in the news internationally).
That link is not comprehensive though - because during those years there were several other such 'incidents' (hijacking of planes, bombings, etc) - and I remember whenever the news came out of such a terror-related incident, the first question on everyone's lips was "Was it 'the Irish' or 'the Arabs'(?)  It was quite the norm in those days for streets/shops/tube stations etc to be closed for hours on end, due to 'bomb threats', many of which were false, but owing to the prevalent circumstances, each one had to be taken seriously.

No social media, mobile phones or computers at the time bringing the news instantaneously to every individual.

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 13:52