Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Spiritlove and Light After Life forums

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED Spiritlove and Light After Life forums

Post by Kitkat on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 8:40

Both Spiritlove and Light After Life forums seem to be down this morning. I cannot get any details because the FreeForums Support Forum is down also!! This would most likely mean that the hosts of FreeForums are carrying out a scheduled service maintenance throughout the FreeForums boards. Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon.

Last edited by KitKat on Sun 12 Feb 2012 - 1:38; edited 2 times in total
Stardust

SOLVED Re: Spiritlove and Light After Life forums

Post by Stardust on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 8:57

Isn't this a FreeForum too then?
Perhaps that's why there's no Arcade here and also why I have to disable the Shockwave Flash Plugin for this forum only?

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 9:06

Stardust wrote:Isn't this a FreeForum too then?
Perhaps that's why there's no Arcade here?

No, Stardust - this forum is hosted by Forumotion. So far, never experienced any down time with Forumotion.

(The Shoutbox, however, on both Spiritlove and Light After Life, as with this one, are owned by me and totally separate from the forums - that's why I encourage people to save the Shoutbox links in their Favourites, so when there are problems accessing the forums they can still keep in touch).
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 2 Sep 2011 - 9:17

Okay ... The FreeForums Support Forum is up now - and I have just seen this message posted there:

The Network engineers will be performing system
maintenance tonight, Thursday 9/01, starting at 11:59 pm PDT and lasting
until approx. 2:00 am PDT. Expect downtime during this entire period

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sat 26 Nov 2011 - 22:19

I haven't been able to log into either of them since yesterday. Crying or Very sad It lets me log in but then I get chucked out again as soon as I go to move to a page. Other people have been reporting the same problem too. I did get in briefly yesterday, long enough to make one post and then it chucked me out again. There's a big long list of complaints on the Support Forum with other forums experiencing this problem and the image problem that we have intermittently as well. Some of these have been going on for a whole month! Forums are losing members over it, and everyone's getting very angry and impatient with the technical team there. Since they changed hands, tbh it's just going down hill. Been one thing after another affecting multiple forums.

UPDATE: today (27th November) - More and more members affected now by this problem it seems, and more Forums making complaints to Support - who don't seem to be doing much to resolve the problem as far as I can see.

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017 - 23:35