KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

Day-old chicks dumped and abandoned in a field

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Day-old chicks dumped and abandoned in a field

Post by Kitkat on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 11:47

All the newspapers are covering this story.  I've chosen this link because it's the only one I can find that doesn't broadcast the upsetting video that goes with it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/feb/18/chicks-abandoned-peterborough-field

The article estimates 'About 1,000 day-old chicks have been abandoned in a field' - but in other reports the figure is given as 1,800.  angry    Had it been 10, or even a single one of these helpless creatures (believed to have originated from a commercial institution where they are bred for profit), it would not take away from the despicable nature of it.

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 17:20