KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'BEYOND THOUGHT: AWARENESS ITSELF'

Energy café

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Energy café

Post by Stardust on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 06:03

I was intrigued by this concept, but disappointed to see that it was set in place by Nissan for three days only in December, too late to go see how well it was working.

Not sure I'd be able to drink coffee while e.g. pedalling to create energy, but maybe you have to toil first then get the reward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/energy-cafe-paris-nissan-electrify-the-world_uk_5853b774e4b0e9baa8773639?tx1bdl3vf0znkx1or

Similar articles: http://projects.huffingtonpost.co.uk/electrify-the-world/

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Re: Energy café

Post by Whiskers on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 20:15

Is the cafe still operating Stardust? or was it just a pop-up thing for the 3 days?  Great idea, but somehow I dont think its one that would last.  A one-off novelty.
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: Energy café

Post by Stardust on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 20:35

That's the exact term, Whiskers, it was a three-day pop-up. I suppose it's mostly publicity for Nissan, but at least it might give others the idea to start up such a café on a more permanent basis.

Cat/rabbit cafés are springing up here and there (though mostly in Japan), so why not?

Still, I'd rather cuddle a rabbit than pedal for my coffee.

Current date/time is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 13:51