KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

A holiday place I have come to love.

bimbow
    bimbow

A holiday place I have come to love. Empty A holiday place I have come to love.

Post by bimbow Mon 24 Oct 2016, 22:55

KK knows a bit about this place in the Algarve.  We are just back from our 10th visit in 7 years - that's how much we love the place.  Not luxurious or pretentious, but with a character we love, out of the high season, when we are told, it is very hot and crowded.

Here's a pic from just 2 days ago, down on the little beach. 

A holiday place I have come to love. Acgt3ch
    Stardust
    Stardust

A holiday place I have come to love. Empty Re: A holiday place I have come to love.

Post by Stardust Tue 25 Oct 2016, 08:15

That does look beautiful and calm, bimbow.
    So did you visit the caves?
    bimbow
    bimbow

A holiday place I have come to love. Empty Re: A holiday place I have come to love.

Post by bimbow Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:24

Hi Stardust,
    Yes it does look peaceful, but this pic shows some big waves just 2 days before.

A holiday place I have come to love. BtsIJPU

And yes, we did visit the caves in April 2013, when they had just started doing the trips. You can see how small the boats are, and the sea was a bit choppy when we went.  I remember the captain saying it was too dangerous to go into the really big caves with the sea as choppy as it was - but he was going to take us in anyway!  (I expect he says that on every trip.)  And yes, we had lifejackets!

So it wasn't easy to take great pics.  These don't really give the full impression of the size of some of the caves, but you get an idea.

A holiday place I have come to love. 0iafU2G

A holiday place I have come to love. RUFgNOR
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:11

A smugglers' paradise -those caves.  I bet they could tell some stories from way back over the years ... pirat

It's a bit scary worrying for me (a non-swimmer) looking at the picture, from that angle of safety up the hill, of the tiny little beach and those giant threatening waves approaching possibly nearer and nearer at every loom.
    Perhaps I've just been reading too many adventure stories, or real-life factual stories of tsunamis, etc ... scared chair

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:50