KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'

Photobucket

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Karma (thanks received) : 12

Photobucket

Post by Stardust on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 09:50

Haven't used my Photobucket account in a long while after it was pirated and lots of pictures had been added by somebody else. Then recently I decided to use it again but noticed I couldn't get the links any more.

Since then I updated FlashPlayer and today I can post pictures from Photobucket once more. I posted three here this morning but all avatar size, so I'm wondering if all my pictures have now been reduced to that standard size. Future will tell.

I blocked my account last time it was pirated and yet it seems there are more pictures that have been added after the block.
Shocked   toetap

Anyone else here got problems with Photobucket?

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 14
Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Re: Photobucket

Post by Feather on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:20

Yes, but just in a general sense. I don't like the new features or layout. It's still good for uploading photos from my puter but sometimes it's not easy to transfer pictures from there to here.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 11:08

I agree with you, Feather. I had to take time to look all round the board of Photobucket to see how to use it now, but I find it unnecessarily complicated where it used to be so simple and easy to use. Now some of my photos stocked on there go out of the frame or are unrecognizable or foggy. I threw some out this morning but it took absolute ages for Photobucket to finish deleting the first half dozen I chose, so that in the end I got fed up waiting and never did check back to see if they had effectively been deleted or not.

Another site where I was a member, Friends Reunited, had also got complicated so I didn't bother with it the last few years. Yesterday I read a post indicating that Friends Reunited didn't exist any more but had been closed down this year (2016). If they'd kept it simple it might still be going, unless it was shot down by FaceBook.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 0
Star sign : Scorpio
Chinese zodiac : Buffalo

Post by EndoWarriror on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 12:00

I had wondered how to upload photos here on the forums! I know when I used to run a community forum like this one, you could upload photos!

"Thanking you all for allowing me to be apart of this wonderful group!"

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Post by Kitkat on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 18:35

Google Images ( https://images.google.co.uk/ ) has a good collection of photos, that you can search for in categories. (Type in the search box what you are looking for, eg 'Cats' ). Only difference tween them and Photobucket is they don't automatically give you the url to copy - but if you right-click your mouse on any of their photos and scroll down to 'View image info', the url will be highlighted and if it's a png or jpg url, that's the one you need and you can copy it from there.  Then when you come to post it here you either click into the 'Insert image' box in the toolbar and copy the url in the relevant place - like this one for instance (right-click the url and you get https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bcENL_Vdoqw/maxresdefault.jpg

Alternatively put the [ img ] square on either side of the url, like so (without the spaces):
[ /img ]
Code:
[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bcENL_Vdoqw/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

and the result will be:
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 10:28

I'll have to try that. I get annoyed when I put a word in the Photobucket search box (eg cats) and get a load of unrelated photos, usually of unknown ordinary boring people filling up whole pages of Photobucket.

It didn't used to be like that. What happened?

toetap   Aargh!!! Drives me mad!  hairpull

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:04