Krazy Kats

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

CORONAVIRUS: All the latest LIVE worldwide updates - today's updates are also on our Portal page, here)
Message to all: Stay well, stay safe, stay at home - and stay in touch!
  • Reply to topic

The Guest Thread

Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

The Guest Thread Empty The Guest Thread

Post by Kitkat on Sun Jul 10 2011, 18:21

Everyone is welcome to post in this thread, whether logged in to the forum or not.

All we ask is that you keep it clean - and ...
PLEASE!!!   The Guest Thread T1rsz_10

Our Guest Book is here too; if you wish to visit and sign it, click here The Guest Thread 2966164644  Guestbook
Anonymous
KwakKwak

The Guest Thread Empty Re: The Guest Thread

Post by KwakKwak on Mon Jul 11 2011, 09:49

The Guest Thread 4030250666
You don't have to be mad to post here...
...but it helps.
 The Guest Thread 1074908227
Anonymous
Thirsty

The Guest Thread Empty The Bar?

Post by Thirsty on Tue Jul 12 2011, 11:50

Any chance of the Bar being made open to guests?   The Guest Thread 3016724194 
Anonymous
AA

The Guest Thread Empty Bar open

Post by AA on Tue Jul 12 2011, 13:51

Shakes available in the Milk Bar!
Anonymous
Thirsty

Post by Thirsty on Tue Jul 12 2011, 14:06

The Guest Thread 3929217648   The Milky Bar Kid I am not! 
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Tue Jul 12 2011, 18:22

Thirsty wrote:Any chance of the Bar being made open to guests? The Guest Thread 3016724194

Thirsty, you would be very welcome in The Bar drunken but in order to quench your thirst you would have to join the forum, so why not register and come on in and see what we have to offer? sunny
Anonymous
Thirsty

Post by Thirsty on Wed Jul 13 2011, 18:04

I am a member.  I have already joined (as Jamboree), but can't remember my password to log in.   Neutral  so I resort to lurking. 
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Wed Jul 13 2011, 20:55

Thirsty wrote:I am a member. I have already joined (as Jamboree), but can't remember my password to log in. Neutral so I resort to lurking.

Jamboree! Very Happy I wondered why we hadn't heard anything from you.
There's no need for you to be a lurker, lol - When you go to log in, you should see underneath where your password goes - a question 'forgotten your password?' Just click into it and you can have a new password sent to you. You'll be able to log in with the new password and then change it in your profile once you're in to whatever you wish it to be.

I hope we'll see you in here soon - and there'll be a drink waiting for you in the Bar. The Guest Thread 1121757446
Looking forward to meeting you. cat
Jamboree
Jamboree

Post by Jamboree on Sat Jul 16 2011, 15:03

KitKat wrote:Jamboree! Very Happy I wondered why we hadn't heard anything from you.
There's no need for you to be a lurker, lol - When you go to log in, you should see underneath where your password goes - a question 'forgotten your password?' Just click into it and you can have a new password sent to you. You'll be able to log in with the new password and then change it in your profile once you're in to whatever you wish it to be.

I hope we'll see you in here soon - and there'll be a drink waiting for you in the Bar. The Guest Thread 1121757446
Looking forward to meeting you. cat

It worked! I'm in! The Guest Thread 592502337

Been to the bar but couldn't find that drink. The Guest Thread 3392635135
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Sat Jul 16 2011, 20:24

Jamboree wrote:Been to the bar but couldn't find that drink. The Guest Thread 3392635135

It's in there now, Jamboree The Guest Thread 1121757446 but I ain't hanging around in there with that wopping great spider on the loose. The Guest Thread 3458887598
Anonymous
Nowall

Post by Nowall on Tue Jul 19 2011, 16:05

Spiders always come in pairs. If you see one then look out, there's another watching you.
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Fri Jul 22 2011, 14:04

Nowall wrote:Spiders always come in pairs. If you see one then look out, there's another watching you.

Oh help!!! The Guest Thread 3016724194 Double trouble! The Guest Thread 3458887598
Jamboree
Jamboree

Post by Jamboree on Wed Aug 17 2011, 18:38

All the best things in life come in pairs. Think about it. rabbit
Stardust
Stardust

Post by Stardust on Thu Aug 18 2011, 11:53

I don't agree with that, what examples can you give us, Jamboree?

Wonderful 'things' that don't (necessarily) come in pairs:

a pet dog, horse, etc
siblings (except twins)
a vintage car
the Eiffel Tower
a tree
an ocean or sea, or river...
a boat

... shall I go on? The Guest Thread 481982875

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Anonymous
Passerby

The Guest Thread Empty Best things in life come in pairs?

Post by Passerby on Thu Aug 18 2011, 12:56

I can think of a number of pleasurable things coming in pairs.  Very Happy The Guest Thread 202371428

All depends what you expect out of life doesn't it.

For instance your list Stardust:

a pet dog, horse, etc
If you've ever had a pet dog or horse, etc you will know that the quality of their life and yours is increased one hundred percent by their having a mate to play with, love and interact with.

siblings (except twins)
As above.  An only child lives a very different life to those brought up with a sibling (AND a PAIR of parents )

a vintage car
Okaaaayyyyy.  Who really wants two of those  anyway.lol!

the Eiffel Tower
No comment

a tree
A tree needs a companion to grow, blossom and flourish.  (Look it up.  The female version of some trees is the one that blossoms, the male having fertilised it with the help of other workers in the nature train, e.g. the birds and the bees ...)

an ocean or sea, or river...
  The Guest Thread 3392635135

a boat
A boat is your idea of a "wonderful" thing in life? 
Stardust
Stardust

Post by Stardust on Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:27

jocolor The Guest Thread 481982875

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Anonymous
LunaMitr

The Guest Thread Empty Hi everybody!!

Post by LunaMitr on Wed Jan 25 2012, 04:18

Come check out our spot!!

http://indigoadultunleashed.forumotion.com/

Brand new community.... sidestep
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Wed Jan 25 2012, 10:58

I thought I had fixed it that Guests can't put up links in here. Neutral (see the Forum Rules to this section). Seems I got it wrong ... again. The Guest Thread 398825057 Oh well ... as from today that issue will be fixed.

Good luck with your new forum anyway, LunaMitr. I've had a peep. Looks quite an interesting site. Hope it takes off for you. Keep smiling. Smile That lovely broad grin of yours is gonna take you places! The Guest Thread 631737971
Anonymous
KayKay

The Guest Thread Empty Just checking

Post by KayKay on Sat Oct 20 2012, 20:35

Just checking that it's still working OK.

Yes, it is :thumb: ...... I made this post without logging in to the forum. woohoo
Whiskers
Whiskers

Post by Whiskers on Sun Apr 28 2013, 21:19

LunaMitr wrote:Come check out our spot!!

Brand new community.... The Guest Thread 1074908227

Didn't stay very long. The link gives this notice

The forum indigoadultunleashed.forumotion.com doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed : indigoadultunleashed.forumotion.com, and try again if there is a mistake.
It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Tue Apr 30 2013, 07:46

Whiskers wrote:
LunaMitr wrote:Come check out our spot!!

Brand new community.... The Guest Thread 1074908227

Didn't stay very long. The link gives this notice

The forum indigoadultunleashed.forumotion.com doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed : indigoadultunleashed.forumotion.com, and try again if there is a mistake.
It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.

Oh well ... that's Forum Land for ya.
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Sat Aug 22 2015, 15:19

Just had a look in our Guest Book ....

688 visitors to the Guest Book (over 4 years) and only 4 messages in there.  What a Face Neutral

If anyone wishes to visit and sign it, click here The Guest Thread 2966164644  Guestbook

(It can also be found on the main Index of the forum
and on the Portal page https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/portal

The Guest Thread Signit
Anonymous
B&W Member

The Guest Thread Empty B&W latest Newsletter

Post by B&W Member on Wed Jan 29 2020, 12:18

Latest from Benefits and Work
Please move to the relevant section.  Thank you.
--- And thank you for spreading the word.
The Guest Thread Pulsar

ARE MORE BOGUS OBSERVATIONS BEING USED TO REFUSE PIP AWARDS?
We revealed in the last newsletter that PIP award rates have fallen dramatically, from 42% overall to just 30% last October for new claims.
There has not been any change in the law or in publicly available guidance to account for this dramatic drop.
Could bogus observations be one of the hidden explanations?
Benefits and Work has heard several accounts lately of awards of the mobility component of PIP being refused based on allegedly bogus observations of claimants walking in assessment centres.
We have now been contacted by a disability group to ask if such cases are on the rise?
One claimant posting a comment on the Benefits and Work website recently about an assessment centre warned:
“It is a few feet along a corridor, maybe 2 metres or less, then a small waiting area. The office I went into was no more than 4-5 metres from my seat. The office was quite small. Somehow I was "observed walking 15 metres in 10 seconds" which is ludicrous because there is not a 15 metre length to walk in there, so take note of the distance. Disabled spaces right at the door, not sure about the car parks.”
A disability organisation has also been in contact with us in relation to a claimant who was allegedly observed walking 50 metres at an assessment centre.
They are certain there was no corridor of anything like that length in the centre.
Last November the Multiple Sclerosis Society produced a report on how PIP assessments were failing its members. The report placed the blame squarely on unevidenced ‘informal observations’ by PIP assessors being preferred to the evidence of the claimant or their health professionals.
58% of claimants with MS who saw their PIP assessment report said it included informal observations. These included walking, picking up a handbag and how the claimant was dressed.
67% said those observations did not reflect how their MS really affects them or how their condition fluctuates.
Please let us know your experiences of being observed by PIP assessors.

NO MORE CLAIMANTS TO BE CONTACTED ABOUT ESA UNDERPAYMENTS
The DWP have begun reassessing every one of the 600,000 claimants who they believe may be eligible for a back-payment of ESA.
The underpayments came about because the DWP failed to award income-related ESA to many thousands of claimants who were transferred from incapacity benefit to contribution-based ESA from 2011 onwards.
581,000 out of 600,000 affected claimants have now had their assessment completed.
In total £589 million has been paid out so far, with payments averaging £5,000 per claimant.
The DWP say that an undisclosed number of claimants did not respond to multiple attempts to contact them over an eight week period and so their cases were closed.
If those claimants do subsequently get in touch their case will be reopened.
If you believe that you missed out on payment of premiums such as the enhanced disability premium when you were transferred from IB to ESA and you have not been contacted by the DWP you should get advice or contact the DWP directly.

192,000 CLAIMANTS MAY HAVE HAD PIP CLAIM UNLAWFULLY STOPPED
An upper tribunal judge has found that letters sent to claimants by Atos did not make it clear that failure to attend an assessment without good reason would definitely result in their PIP claim ending.
Up to 192,000 claimants may have had their PIP unlawfully stopped because they did not attend an assessment.
The letter from Atos said:
“It is important that you attend this appointment. If you fail to attend without good reason the decision maker at the Department for Work and Pensions is likely to disallow your claim.
The judge found that this was inadequate because it only said that the decision maker was ‘likely’ to disallow your claim. Instead, the judge ruled that the letter should have said something like:
“You must attend this appointment. If you fail to attend without good reason the decision maker at the Department for Work and Pensions will disallow your claim.”
We should stress that this absolutely does not mean that you can simply fail to attend an assessment without fear of consequences.
But it does mean that if you are refused PIP because of failure to attend an assessment without good cause then, depending on the precise wording of the letter, you should seek advice because you may be able to get the decision overturned.

COMPLAINTS ABOUT ATOS RISE, BUT ICE TAKES A YEAR TO EVEN START INVESTIGATIONS
The percentage of claimants who make a complaint about Atos PIP assessments has almost doubled over the past four years, rising from 0.49 to 0.91. The total number of complaints in 2019 was 6,140
Figures for Capita were not given in the minister’s response.
Claimants who are unhappy with the response by Atos can complain to the Independent Complaints Examiner (ICE).
However, figures released by ICE reveal that it is currently taking 59 weeks just to begin investigating a complaint about the DWP or the companies who work for it, including Atos, Capita and Maximus.
It then takes an average of a further 23 weeks to complete its investigation.
You can only complain to ICE after you have exhausted the complaints procedure of the body you are unhappy with.
Which means it could easily take two years for a complaint to reach its conclusion.
And that’s before you go on to complain to the Parliamentary Ombudsman, if you are still unhappy with the outcome.

ANOTHER CLAIMANT STARVES TO DEATH
John Pring’s Disability News Service has uncovered another shocking death by starvation of a vulnerable claimant whose ESA was stopped.
Errol Graham, 57, had a history of serious mental health issues which had led to his being sectioned in the past.
He had been in receipt of benefits for many years because his condition meant he could not work.
In August 2017 he failed to attend a work capability assessment.
The DWP made two home visits to Errol but got no response.
They then stopped his ESA in October 2017 and made no attempt to contact social services or any other agency, in spite of the fact that he was now a vulnerable claimant with no means of support.
The only people who came to his door were the bailiffs in June 2018, when they broke it down to evict him from his council flat for non-payment of rent.
But when they got inside they found the emaciated body of Errol, who had died weighing just four and a half stone.
The DWP hired one of the country’s leading barristers to represent them at the inquest. Errol’s family couldn’t afford any legal representation at all and could not get legal aid
A review of safeguarding procedures that the DWP promised at the inquest would be completed last Autumn has still not appeared.
Instead the DWP has yet again managed to con a coroner and wriggle out of its responsibility to keep claimants safe.
Good Luck,
Steve Donnison

BENEFITS NEWS
Another claimant starves to death after benefits stopped
A vulnerable claimant starved to death after having his ESA stopped, Disability News Service has revealed.
Are bogus observations being used to refuse PIP awards?
Benefits and Work has heard several accounts lately of awards of the mobility component of PIP being refused based on allegedly bogus observations of claimants walking in assessment centres.
192,000 claimants may have had PIP claim unlawfully stopped
Up to 192,000 claimants may have had their PIP claim unlawfully stopped because letters sent out did not make it clear that failure to attend an assessment without good reason would definitely result in their claim ending.
Complaints about ATOS on the rise
The percentage of claimants who complain about ATOS (now known as IAS) has risen over the last 12 months and almost doubled in the course of the last four years.
Claimants wait over a year for ICE to even begin investigations into DWP
Claimants who complain to the Independent Complaints Examiner (ICE) about the DWP are having to wait on average over a year before their case is even looked at, it was revealed last week.
No more claimants to be contacted about ESA underpayments
The DWP say that they have begun reassessing every one of the 600,000 claimants who may be eligible for a back-payment of employment and support allowance (ESA).
5,000 ESA claimants died before arrears were paid
5,000 ESA claimants spent their last years struggling on inadequate benefits and died before they could be reimbursed, according to figures released by the DWP last week.
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Wed Jan 29 2020, 14:28

Hi B&W Member,

Thank you for your post :thumb:  which has been copied in full to the appropriate thread in the HEALTH & LIFESTYLE category arrow right   https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t679-mps-call-for-esa-death-statistics-to-be-published-calum-s-list#11190 .
Anonymous
B&W Member

Post by B&W Member on Wed Jan 29 2020, 21:56

I have now read that whole topic.  You missed out on the crucial interim newsletter, the 18th December post-election update.

This is it here. Very depressing.

It’s probably an understatement to say that this wasn’t the election result the majority of our readers wanted.

And when we said last week that we would send out a brief post-election update today, we were hoping to have some optimistic news.

But the chance of seeing an end to the roll out of universal credit, the removal of private sector companies from benefits assessments, an increase in ESA for claimants in the work-related activity group and all the other improvements that parties other than the Tories promised, have now been crushed.

The one consolation, if it can even be called that, is that it is very unlikely we will see any sweeping changes to the benefits system in the next few years.

If the Conservative mantra for the election was ‘Get Brexit done’ the DWP’s mantra for the next few years will be ‘Get universal credit done.’

There is likely to be little enthusiasm for taking on new challenges whilst the incredibly delayed and utterly flawed roll out of universal credit continues to lurch towards its distant goal.

Aside from rolling out UC, we will see the continued attempts of the Tribunals Service to move as many appeals as possible online.

And the Conservative manifesto made it clear that the use of the Human Rights Act and judicial reviews to wrest justice from over-powerful government departments will be made more difficult.

This last move comes as no surprise given the role that the courts played in making the last 12 months grim ones for the DWP.

It began with the news that Amber Rudd, remember her, was having to postpone legislation to transfer millions of legacy benefits claimants onto UC and go ahead with a pilot only, such was the concern that the whole thing was going to be a PR disaster for the Conservatives.

This was followed by the announcement that claimants in receipt of the severe disability premium (SDP) would no longer be moved onto UC by natural migration, due to a court defeat for the DWP the preceding summer.

Still in January, there was the revelation that far from cutting the cost of disability benefits by 20 per cent as the DWP intended, PIP had resulted in an increase in costs of 15 to 20 per cent.

In February the DWP had to widen the scope of its project to check whether claimants who were moved from incapacity benefit to ESA were given the wrong award . It now covered 600,000 claimants.

In April, the Royal College of GPs was amongst those demanding the DWP rewrite its misleading fit note advice to claimants because it was endangering patients health . The DWP bowed to pressure and complied.

May saw the start of a fight back against the DWP’s fake news campaign in support of UC .

It would end with the advertising watchdog finding the DWP guilty of publishing misleading adverts .

September witnessed the demise of Amber Rudd after less than a year in office. Her replacement, Therese Coffey, has yet to make her mark. Judging by how long previous ministers have lasted, she will not have long to do so.

Also in September we had the news that the success rate for both PIP and ESA appeals had risen again to an all-time high of 75%.

In October, the DWP revealed that it had so far paid out over £37 million in to claimants who lost out on the severe disability premium (SDP) when they were migrated from legacy benefits such as ESA and UC.

Still in October, the DWP announced that, following another court case it had lost, it would be checking yet more PIP decisions to see if claimants were entitled to additional payments.

November saw Benefits and Work readers crowdfund a legal bid to end the DWP’s cynical practice of forcing claimants to undergo a mandatory reconsideration before they can appeal a decision. The case should be going ahead soon.

And so, into a new year in which we will hope for further victories for claimants before attempts to nobble the judicial system can be put in place.

Whatever the coming months bring, we plan on still being here to support claimants, as we have done for the last 17 years.

Meanwhile, in this brief period of calm, we would like to wish all our readers a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

We’ll be back on 15 January.

Good luck,

Steve Donnison and The Office Team
Benefits and Work Publishing Ltd
Company registration No. 5962666
Kitkat
Kitkat
Admin

Post by Kitkat on Thu Jan 30 2020, 14:03

Thank you for that, B&W Member.  A depressing prospect indeed for many.
I will add the 18th December Newsletter into the existing related thread.
mac
mac

Post by mac on Fri Jan 31 2020, 00:14

It's very depressing.  Crying or Very sad
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Wed Aug 05 2020, 12:07