Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Don't think twice ...

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Don't think twice ...

Post by Kitkat on Mon 23 May 2016 - 12:32

Yes, a lot of people have covered this Bob Dylan song, but this has got to be my favourite.  I love you
Song and music by my brother, and the video has been collated by my niece, with a collage of family photos taken from our own family album (some of them pretty ancient!) (That's me on the cover - I won't divulge how many years ago that photo was taken)

Stardust

Re: Don't think twice ...

Post by Stardust on Mon 23 May 2016 - 15:33

It can't be that many years ago and yet so much was different. It's a whole other world.

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Re: Don't think twice ...

Post by Kitkat on Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:28

Stardust wrote:It can't be that many years ago and yet so much was different. It's a whole other world.

One of my cousins in Ireland is currently immersed in creating a 'Family Tree' - and over the years all the aunts and uncles, people of my parents' generation have all now passed away.  Both my parents came from large families, each with lots of brothers and sisters. The last one, an aunt-in-law, passed away just last year.  She was 97.
So, with no-one left in the family now to 'ask' about things (tracing long-lost, unknown relatives in America, etc) she has been going through various of the photo albums that are left, getting details through local newspaper  reports, old letters, neighbours etc ...  Some of the worn,torn photos she has uncovered are positively ancient - and some very interesting.  For example, there was one uncle whom I never met - died before I was born (my mother's brother) - a Catholic priest who left Ireland to live in America and apparently travelled all over the world working in missionaries in far-off places.  There is a lovely photo of him in the Vatican where he had an audience with the [then] Pope.

Of course it's so much easier these days with all the technology we have available, to create instant records and memories and to share these with members of the family instantly, wherever they may be in the world.

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 15:27