KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

Upside-down rainbow ?

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Upside-down rainbow ?

Post by Kitkat on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 14:36

Who, What, Why: How common are upside-down rainbows?

An "upside-down rainbow" was spotted in the UK over the weekend. But what causes these and how common are they, asks Chris Stokel-Walker.

A minor meteorological event occurred over the skies of England this weekend. From Leeds in the north to Kent in the south, an "upside-down rainbow" was spotted. On social media people shared photographs of the spectrum of colours reaching up into the sky, rather than down to the ground.

The first thing to clarify is that upside-down rainbows are not, in fact, rainbows. "They look like rainbows, and in some sense they are similar, but the crucial difference is that rainbows are produced by the bending of light and separation of the colours through raindrops falling out of clouds," explains Dr David Schultz, chair of synoptic meteorology at the University of Manchester.

Read more HERE.

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 23:04