KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Question

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED Question

Post by Kitkat on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:20 am

Today I swapped my browser over from Firefox to Google Chrome.  Now when I look at Krazy Kats forum there is a big black box at the top of the forum covering most of the header.  There is nothing in the box - just seems blank to me, but I have AdBlock on my computer so if it were an ad I wouldn't see it.  I also have AdBlock in my Firefox - but not seeing this black box with FF - so I will be swapping back to Firefox after this.  
Additionally, I pay a minimal amount to keep the ads out of Krazy Kats, so there really should not be any.

The question is - does anyone else see this black box - or do you see any ads appearing on this forum?
Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Kitkat

I am actually quite happy with FF - I just heard about the new Google Voice in Chrome (where you can just speak out what you want to search without having to type anything, and it will answer your query with speech as well as/or bringing up the url you are looking for.  Just a novelty that I liked the idea of ....
bimbow
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male

SOLVED Re: Question

Post by bimbow on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:32 am

KK

I amusing Chrome with ABP and am seeing that big black box, but only when I have logged in.  Not there until I have done that.

bb.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:35 am

bimbow wrote:KK

I amusing Chrome with ABP and am seeing that big black box, but only when I have logged in.  Not there until I have done that.

bb.

Thanks, bimbow.  Have you always seen it - or is it just recently, or perhaps only showing with the Christmas style?
bimbow
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male

Post by bimbow on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:41 am

I'm now using FF, and no sign of the big black box.  With Chrome, if it's there when I load up the site, it disappears when I refresh.  If it's not there when I first visit the site, it IS when I refresh.  Perhaps it's something to do with the Christmas style.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 12:49 am

bimbow wrote:With Chrome, if it's there when I load up the site, it disappears when I refresh.  If it's not there when I first visit the site, it IS when I refresh.  Perhaps it's something to do with the Christmas style.

That is weird.  Seems to be the same situation for me (still in Chrome at present - but the box has disappeared now).

I am going to temporarily disable my AdBlock in Chrome to see if it is perhaps an ad that comes with the Christmas style (though it does actually say that no ads are blocked on this page).
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Tue 22 Dec 2015, 2:30 am

I use Safari, I also have adbloc plus installed. I don't see any black box nor ads.

I really like this Christmas look.
Feather
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Post by Feather on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 1:50 pm

I use FF--always have done since I gave up on Internet Explorer as a bad job. I don't see a black box.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:11 pm