KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'EXPLORING THE UNEXPLAINED - A JOURNEY INTO SPIRITUALISM'

Condolence & Support for Paris

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Condolence & Support for Paris

Post by Kitkat on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 14:56

Message of Support for Paris

To the people of Paris

Message to Paris

As European people, we are shocked, saddened and in deep mourning after the terrorist attacks in Paris. We stand in solidarity with the victims’ families, friends and loved ones.

We express the same solidarity to all of the victims of ISIS across the world including those in Ankara, Beirut, Syria and Iraq, and to all the refugees forced to flee their homes to escape the very terror that hit Paris.

Today, we stand together for peace. We stand together for liberté, égalité, fraternité.

38 Degrees members stand for peace. Though we can never right the horrific wrongs of terrorism, or stop the devastation felt by people who have lost loved ones, we can show them that we stand with them.

Across Europe, people are adding their names to a message of condolence to all victims of terrorism at the hands of ISIS. We’ll print the message, along with messages from people supporting it in French newspapers like Le Monde to show our solidarity.

Today, let’s be there for France, and for all of the victims of terrorism around the world. Please add your name - and message if you would like - by clicking below:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/paris-solidarity

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

PS: It's easy to feel helpless on days like today. Expressing our condolences to the people in France might seem futile because we can never undo the terrible wrongs that have been committed. But 38 Degrees members and members of similar groups around Europe are adding their names to this message to express solidarity and hope, that in the end, peace is stronger than hate. This message of condolence is being coordinated by wemove.eu

BBC News: Paris attacks updates:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34815972
Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Re: Condolence & Support for Paris

Post by Curious on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 21:43

I tried to sign, but couldn't as i don't live in Europe. 

I'll try to find one that i can sign.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Post by Kitkat on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:31

@Curious wrote:I tried to sign, but couldn't as i don't live in Europe. 

I'll try to find one that i can sign.

I'm sure there must be many places around the world where people can show their solidarity.

The arch over Wembley Stadium has been lit up with the Tricolour, ahead of the France-England match there tomorrow.  I can see the arch from where I live; it looked very pretty last night contrasting with the dark sky over Wembley.  Everyone at the Stadium tomorrow will be joining in the singing of La Marseillaise.

Whiskers
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 19:35

Signed with love.

Curious
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Female

Post by Curious on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 22:24

I found a few sites and signed with a message.

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 16:42