KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

What you see is what you get

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

What you see is what you get

Post by Kitkat on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm

The quote system is a little easier to use now.  The WYSIWYG ('What you see is what you get') function is now set to default on the forum.  This is the icon right at the end of your toolbar up above the box where you are making your post.  (Looks a bit like a page with the top right-hand corner turned down or cut off). .

Previously, there was always the option to press on that icon and it would give you the WYSIWYG - and you could always press it again to put it back to the other way - which some people prefer.
You can still toggle between the two now, it's just that the WYSIWYG will now automatically be shown.
When you are in here making a post, just click on the last icon in the toolbar above where you are typing and you will see what I mean.

To explain:  In WYSIWYG mode, you will see all images, smilies, emboldens and underling etc exactly as they show in the finished product.  If you switch (by clicking the icon) back to the old way, instead of seeing an image, for example, you will see the link of the image with the tag [img] either side of it.

Example:  In WYSIWYG mode - you will see this:   wave
If you click the icon to come out of WYSIWYG - that smiley in your edit or quote page will show as:
Code:
 :wave: 

I hope I've explained this in a way that you can understand.  It's really not at all complicated ... you need to be actually posting or quoting or editing your post to see exactly what it means, as the toolbar only shows up when you're posting.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Re: What you see is what you get

Post by Kitkat on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 4:11 pm

Another example:

I have quoted the first bit of my post above.

If you had quoted this, while you are typing in your post box, this is how it will be shown to you:

In WYSIWYG mode you will see:
Kitkat wrote:The quote system is a little easier to use now.  The WYSIWYG ('What you see is what you get') function is now set to default on the forum.  This is the icon right at the end of your toolbar up above the box where you are making your post.  (Looks a bit like a page with the top right-hand corner turned down or cut off). .

If WYSIWYG is unclicked, you will see:
Code:
[quote="Kitkat"]The quote system is a little easier to use now.  The WYSIWYG ('What you see is what you get') function is now set to default on the forum.  This is the icon right at the end of your toolbar up above the box where you are making your post.  [i](Looks a bit like a page with the top right-hand corner turned down or cut off). [/i].[/quote]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 6:10 pm