Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

PM boxes limit

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

PM boxes limit

Post by Kitkat on Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 21:59

Note to members:

There is a limit of 50 messages on all the boxes in the Private Messages area.  

Inbox - 50 messages
Out box - 50 messages
Sent box - 50 messages

This is actually the maximum allowed for each box; Forumotion forums unfortunately do not allow any more - and they are all set to the maximum here, so it's always a good idea to check when you go into your Private Messages that your Inbox and Sentbox are not full.  There will be a notification telling you something like "Your Inbox is 75% full", etc ....
I think that when a box gets full, older ones get deleted to make room for new ones to come in - but not too sure.  Then again, it could be that members might be trying to send you a PM and you just don't get any new ones when your box is full. I know my Inbox does get full very quickly, so every now and then I do a check and save the ones I need to another folder, and delete those I no longer need.
You can of course open up a number of other boxes within your Private Messages and call them whatever you like.  e.g. make a separate box where you can transfer over all the PMs to and from one particular member.
Alternatively, you can delete messages to make room, or you can archive messages.

Last edited by Kitkat on Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 17:39; edited 2 times in total
Whiskers
The Kat that got the cream (1000+ posts)

Female

Star sign : Libra

Re: PM boxes limit

Post by Whiskers on Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 9:33

My inbox says 12% full. No chance of any of those being deleted in the near future.
What about the Savebox Kitkat? Is that 50 max too?
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 13:01

Whiskers wrote:What about the Savebox Kitkat?  Is that 50 max too?

Yes. Savebox will save only a maximum of 50 also.  You can still set messages to save in the Savebox - but when it reaches 50 messages your latest one will be saved but the oldest one in the box will be automatically pushed out and deleted to make room for the newest.

It's not a very satisfactory situation, but that's how it is.  It was different with Spiritlove as, being a FreeForums-hosted site, we had unlimited capacity for keeping stuff there.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 19 Jun 2015 - 0:57

alien   peaceflag

Hmmm ...  I need to make a correction to something mentioned in my previous post.

Where I have said ...
You can of course open up a number of other boxes within your Private Messages and call them whatever you like.  e.g. make a separate box where you can transfer over all the PMs to and from one particular member.

I'm afraid this is not the case after all.  Sorry if I've confused anyone with this.  It is something that you can do on FreeForums forums (which Spiritlove was) - (and that's what I must have been thinking about there) - but Forumotion unfortunately do not have this option on their forums.

So, it's back to the 50 limit in each box and you can save messages you want to keep in the Savebox - BUT only up to 50 of them.

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 21:33