KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

Message from a stranger on a train

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Message from a stranger on a train Empty Message from a stranger on a train

Post by Kitkat Mon 26 Jan 2015, 16:20

A young mother is hoping to find a stranger on a train who left her a handwritten note calling her a "credit to her generation".

Message from a stranger on a train _80516110_hi025578490     Message from a stranger on a train _80516108_hi025576055

Sammie Welch, 23, from Plymouth, was travelling with her son Rylan, three, when a man handed her a note as he got off at Bristol.

The passenger wrote "Have a drink on me" and left her a £5 note after being impressed with her son's manners.

The note, in capital letters, read: "Have a drink on me. You are a credit to your generation, polite and teaching the little boy good manners.

"PS I have a daughter your age, someone did the same for her once. Hope when she has children she is as good a mother as you.

"Have a lovely evening."

Ms Welch said she "wanted to cry" at the anonymous benefactor's generosity.

She said: "I never had the chance to thank him as he got off and I couldn't move due to my son being asleep on me and a man sat next to me."

She has appealed on Facebook for people to get in touch with the man.

She said: "He shows there are still good people out there and I want him to know I am truly grateful."
    Whiskers
    Whiskers

Message from a stranger on a train Empty Re: Message from a stranger on a train

Post by Whiskers Mon 26 Jan 2015, 21:03

What a lovely thing to happen.  Renews your faith in human nature. Just heard a different story on the news about a search for another man on a train --- who assaulted a blind woman.  angry
    At least they know what he looks like so there must of been witnesses.  I hope he gets what he deserves.  scratch
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 27 Jan 2015, 15:29

Actually, I find it quite sad ... (the first story here) in that such things (like teaching manners to a child, etc) should now be considered an exception, rather than the norm. The guy who wrote the note probably feels that sadness too.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 27 Jan 2015, 20:12

Whiskers wrote:Just heard a different story on the news about a search for another man on a train --- who assaulted a blind woman.  angry
    At least they know what he looks like so there must of been witnesses.  I hope he gets what he deserves.  scratch

Not heard about that one, so I did a search and this is what I came up with:  
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/blind-woman-sexually-assaulted-by-man-posing-as-good-samaritan-at-waterloo-station-10003121.html

He was apparently identified by CCTV recording, so it's highly likely he'll be found - and charged.

A similar situation happened in Australia over a year ago:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-charged-over-alleged-groping-of-blind-woman-20130731-2r07r.html

and in a follow-up mentioned HERE it seems he was identified as an asylum seeker from Bangladesh.

and another more recent incident in the news here:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-faces-jail-after-kissed-5052600
    Umberto Cocopop
    Umberto Cocopop

Post by Umberto Cocopop Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:07

The note, in capital letters, read: "Have a drink on me..."

So he's encouraging a young woman with a child to turn to alcohol.

What a despicable man.

If she goes down his suggested route, she'll end up as a crack whore by the time her son starts school. And then what?

He ought to be shot. angry
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Wed 28 Jan 2015, 22:20

Umberto Cocopop wrote:
    The note, in capital letters, read: "Have a drink on me..."

So he's encouraging a young woman with a child to turn to alcohol.

What a despicable man.

If she goes down his suggested route, she'll end up as a crack whore by the time her son starts school. And then what?

He ought to be shot. angry

lololol giggle lololol

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:10