Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

[solved]Private Messages

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED [solved]Private Messages

Post by Kitkat on Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:12

I have just noticed that the notification top of the board which is supposed to tell you when you have a new PM in your inbox - doesn't seem to be working consistently.  Sometimes it tells you, sometimes not.
If you have set it to get an email notification when a Private Message has been set, that works ok, but don't rely on what it says in the Navigation Bar.

I received an email notification telling me someone had sent me a private message.  When I came in to the forum, yer man up top tells me "You have no new messages" - and yet when I went in to my messages, sure enough there was the message waiting for me.  This has happened more than once recently. (The first time I didn't take so much notice because thought I might have just misread the situation, but now that it's happened again, I can be sure).

So, don't just rely on that message up top.  Check your box every now and then if you have no other kind of notification set up in your personal control.

I also see that a PM I sent to a member here a few days ago is still sitting in my Outbox, which means that the recipient has not yet read it.  When the message has been read by the recipient, it will automatically move into your Sent box.

(That recipient is Feather, by the way).  Feather - check your PM's.

Last edited by Kitkat on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 13:42; edited 1 time in total
Whiskers
The Kat that got the cream (1000+ posts)

Female

Star sign : Libra

SOLVED Re: [solved]Private Messages

Post by Whiskers on Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 23:21

All working OK for me. :thumb:
Stardust
The Kat that got the cream (1000+ posts)

SOLVED Re: [solved]Private Messages

Post by Stardust on Mon 13 Oct 2014 - 11:28

A troll in the Shoutbox again. angry
Some people should get a life if they've nothing better to do than spoil others' pleasure.

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.

Current date/time is Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 21:39