KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

3 posters

The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying

Kitkat
    Kitkat

The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying Empty The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying

Post by Kitkat Sat 04 Oct 2014, 15:51

A shopper was left stunned after he weighed a £1 bag of Asda bananas on a self-scan checkout and found they were only worth 54p.

Alan Hudson was shopping at his local supermarket when he decided to see just how much his £1 bag of bananas would cost if they were loose.

Since posting the shocking video online last week, the clip has amassed 2million views and been shared more than 30,000 times.

"It's disgusting really," said train driver Alan, who was in his local Asda in Boldon, Tyne and Wear.

"There are millions of people living on the poverty line, trying to reduce the cost of their shopping as much as possible and looking out for bargains.

"That bag had a bright red sticker on it, saying they were a pound. It makes it look like a bargain, when in fact you're getting ripped off by nearly half.

"I'm definitely going to be reconsidering my shopping habits, and I hope others do too."

On Asda's website, the £1 bag of five bananas are advertised as costing only 20p each, while loose bananas, under their 'Pricelock' guarantee, are set at 68p per kilo.
    https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/asda-1-bananas-found-to-cost-just-54p-loose-123257242.html?vp=1

Read also: [ The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying ]
    Umberto Cocopop
    Umberto Cocopop

The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying Empty Re: The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying

Post by Umberto Cocopop Sat 04 Oct 2014, 17:10

Kitkat wrote:Asda in Boldon, Tyne and Wear.

I often get my petrol there!
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying Empty Re: The supermarket bag tax you don't know you're paying

Post by Kitkat Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:05

Umberto Cocopop wrote:I often get my petrol there!

Well, so long as you don't buy it in a bag, you should be okay. geek
    Stardust
    Stardust

Post by Stardust Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:56

Kitkat wrote:
    Umberto Cocopop wrote:I often get my petrol there!
    Well, so long as you don't buy it in a bag, you should be okay. geek

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funnily enough I weighed two pre-wrapped and priced bags of bananas in a local supermarket last week and both were over the price per kilo as written on the tag.
    Plus the checkout listed 3 packets of biscuits instead of 2, that meant wasting time getting my money back (yet again).
    I always check my ticket before putting away shopping and leaving because there are often "errors". Multiplied by the number of customers it probably adds up to a pretty sum for the supermarket.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 11:04