KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'EXPLORING THE UNEXPLAINED - A JOURNEY INTO SPIRITUALISM'

[solved]Various technical problems with Forumotion-hosted sites

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED [solved]Various technical problems with Forumotion-hosted sites

Post by Kitkat on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:07

There have been a number of reports on the Support Forum today, regarding various problems people are experiencing when accessing some of the Forumotion sites.  (This site is a Forumotion-hosted site)

An example of the types of problems experienced:
-Captcha while registering doesn't appear
-Widgets missing on the portal = solved
-Portal desactived = solved
-New widgets added no saved on the Administrative Panel= solved
-Posts missing
-Javascripts, CSS and templates missing
-Permission group problem = solved
-Empty messages
-Emails notification missing or in spam box
-Message with 1970 dates
-Hipay is missing = solved
-Edition of a message is no taken into account = solved
-Impossible to upload a new avatar via the profile and the AP "The image is too large or corrupted" = solved
-The Accordion index menu is disappeared
-Resize of avatar doesn't work

I am not aware of any of these problems affecting Krazy Kats at the moment - but if any member does experience any of the above, please do report it - either here in the 'INFORMATION & HELP DESK' , or in the Shoutbox.  

ETA:  As the technicians are currently still working on the above issues, some of the forums may experience a bit of a slowing down on the forums.  Please be aware that this will be the reason - and it's not the fault of your computer.

Apparently, the reason why these things are happening is because they are doing some updating and improving work on their server. The various issues are being solved as they go along.
Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Male

SOLVED Re: [solved]Various technical problems with Forumotion-hosted sites

Post by Jamboree on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 13:44

Not been around for a few days so looks as though I missed any problems that might have been happening. Everything working A.OK for me so far.
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 14:13

@Jamboree wrote:Not been around for a few days so looks as though I missed any problems that might have been happening.  Everything working A.OK for me so far.  

Good to hear, Jamboree. Very Happy   I think we've been lucky.  No reports of any problems experienced here (so far anyway).  A message has just come up (just now as I type this) saying they are "carrying out a server maintenance - and apologising for any inconvenience this may cause").  So, I guess they have a lot of forums to get through.

In fact, it seems was quite a major thing they were doing: 'Headed Change of Data Centre'

"Dear Forumotion members

The migration is over . Everything has been managed correctly.

Our technicians are finalizing the details."
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:20

Some forums are still reporting issues on their sites following this "Datacenter" changeover.

Here is an example of the sort of problems being reported:  
http://help.forumotion.com/t135889-change-of-datacenter-report-bugs

That link also details all the things that have been solved over last few days.

Again, I think we have been lucky in all this, as I certainly haven't experienced any problems, and no member has reported anything.  Of course, that is not to say you have not had problems with the site.  You may well have had a problem and decided to stay away because of that, or you may have had problems accessing the forum (???).  If that is the case - PLEASE LET ME KNOW HERE or REPORT IT in the Shoutbox if, for instance, you are unable to get into the Forum.

If we are not aware there is a problem in the first place, it cannot be fixed!

tacat

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 16:49