KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

Supermoon

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Supermoon

Post by Kitkat on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 11:11

Stargazers have been taking images of the spectacular 'supermoon' overnight. The phenomenon means the moon - which is classified as a 'perigee moon' by astronomers - appears bigger and brighter than usual because of its proximity to the earth. Some were lucky enough to also see the Perseid meteor shower which is caused by the Swift-Tuttle comet shedding part of its celestial body and leaving behind a trail of dust.

Some fabulous pictures here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-28735682

The next supermoon is due to appear on 9 September.
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Karma (thanks received) : 12

Re: Supermoon

Post by Stardust on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 11:04

Kitkat wrote:Some were lucky enough to also see the Perseid meteor shower which is caused by the Swift-Tuttle comet shedding part of its celestial body and leaving behind a trail of dust.
Wish I'd seen that.
Some of the moon pictures are wonderful. Thanks Kitkat.