KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

Passengers tilt train to save trapped man

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Passengers tilt train to save trapped man

Post by Kitkat on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 20:44

Trying to find the news story of a guy in Australia who got trapped between a train and platform - and there was a brilliant picture of a whole line of passengers along the platform, all mucking in to help tilt the train to set him free.  I just thought it was very touching to see.  I just can't imagine that sort of camraderie / community spirit being shown if that situation were to happen in rush-hour in the London Underground.  Most commuters probably wouldn't even notice it'd happened.

Anyway, can't find it now.  Did I imagine it?   surprised

ETA:  Found it!  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28674322

Not just a picture - it's actually a video of the news reel.

Australian commuters help free man trapped against platform

9 hours ago

Commuters in Western Australia have helped to free a man after his leg became trapped between a platform and a busy train.

CCTV footage captured at the station in Perth shows the man slip and fall as he tries to board the carriage.

His fellow passengers, along with transport staff, then tilt the train so he can pull himself free.

The BBC's Adnan Nawaz spoke to David Hynes, a spokesman for TransPerth, about the dramatic rescue
Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Male

Karma (thanks received) : 4

Re: Passengers tilt train to save trapped man

Post by Jamboree on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 10:49

Another rescue story in same link.  Big busty girl stuck in a drain trying to retrieve her mobile phone.   giggle 

Could have been much worse.   shtum
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Karma (thanks received) : 12

Re: Passengers tilt train to save trapped man

Post by Stardust on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 13:04

Kitkat wrote:... a guy in Australia who got trapped between a train and platform - and there was a brilliant picture of a whole line of passengers along the platform, all mucking in to help tilt the train to set him free.

Wonderful, restores faith in human nature.  :thumb: I love you 

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:18