KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life Forum's Portal Page is: 'Superhuman: Geniuses - Real Stories'

Feather by the sea.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Re: Feather by the sea.

Post by Kitkat on 31st October 2015, 19:24

Where did you get to, Feather? Not a peep out of you since your request in the Shoutbox for a temp password to log into LAL.  I did email you a temporary p/w.  Did you receive that email?  I have since texted you on your phone also, and a bit concerned now not hearing anything from you in any of those places, including here.  
Hope everything's ok?

update  - Thanks for contacting me, Feather.  (Migraine and computers do not mix!)  Wishing you better. catlick
Take care of yourself and hurry back.
happyheart
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 3rd November 2015, 15:47

I hope you're feeling better now, Feather, and your brother too. happyheart

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 26th November 2015, 11:35

Sorry for worrying you.I'm ok. My brother has had a change of medication and seems fine but he'll likely end up with a pacemaker as his heartbeat is irregular.

My puter problems were horrendous.I use Yahoo Mail and Incredimail.I couldn't get into Yahoo for some unknown reason so I couldn't configure it in Incredimail. I had no means of sending or receiving emails. The only solution was tochange my email address.I was happy with the one I had and didn't want to lose it but I had no choice. I've given up trying to understand puters as my old one still works everywhere else---internet shopping etc. shrug

I got my new driver's licence--till 2018. Whooopeee! The optician said I did very well in the test he gave me.I still have to see the consultant the next time he is in Orkney for a double check. purr

My mind is being kept occupied at the moment as I'm in the process of completely refurbishing my sons' bedrooms.They need refreshing from bed linen, curtains, wallpaper and carpets. There will be a lot of white mingled with a little dark red (Leigh) and purple (Ray). White wood effect paper and white brick effect paper. Carpets--dark red and purple. Bed linen mostly white with red blocks of colour at the bottom or purple stripes. My typing finger ran away with me there.

Xmas is as yet an unknown quantity.  confused

I'D RATHER PURR THAN HISS!  
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 15th December 2015, 12:14

I've tried 3 times to upload photos here but can't get it to work.

Any help forthcoming?

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 15th December 2015, 15:41

Feather wrote:I've tried 3 times to upload photos here but can't get it to work.

Any help forthcoming?

Feather, are you wanting to upload from something like Photobucket or FlickR or DropBox or ... ??

PM me with the link, or link to the source or bit more detail and let's try and find out where the problem lies.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 15th December 2015, 16:38

I was trying to upload to here from my computer. I will transfer the photos to Photobucket first and try from there.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 19th December 2015, 13:09

Still no luck with photos. If I want to upload them from my laptop, what is the procedure?
It used to be easy but something has changed---likely my brain. hairpull

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 19th December 2015, 14:15

Feather wrote:Still no luck with photos. If I want to upload them from my laptop, what is the procedure?
It used to be easy but something has changed---likely my brain. hairpull

I'm not really sure, Feather.  I haven't changed anything.  I know if you want to upload a photo as an avatar in your profile, you click on 'browse' and it takes you to your saved stuff on your comp - that part seems to work OK.  (I don't think I've set up the Gallery properly here (all members should be able to create their own personal photo Gallery), but that's how it's always been - I tried and experimented at the beginning but couldn't work out what to do).

When I want to put a photo up here, wherever it is - I right-click on the photo with my mouse.  Get an option list (quite a long one) - choose 'View image info' - click that and a box comes up and if it's a compatible pic (jpg, png, gif etc) it will highlight on one of the links there.  Right click on that highlighted link and choose 'copy'.  Then come here and click on the Image thingy in the toolbar and insert that link.  Then you have your picture.  Alternatively, instead of going into the toolbar, I just put the square brackets If the photos in your comp are not formatted in a jpg or png or gif etc, then you have to change them to be  one of those, but how you do that I'm not too sure.

update  - I have just enabled 'Gallery' in the toolbar (top of board).  Don't know if that's always been disabled or not - but you can experiment in there, maybe you can get it to work.  If you are successful there, please let us all know what you did!  (Try the button that says 'Envoyer une photo' (send a photo) - that gives you some options to browse etc.  Maybe that's it! - Only just seen that!)

ETA: I have changed the 'Envoyer' button to avoid confusion.  It now looks like this: 
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 19th December 2015, 15:51

Yes, that works!  yay 

Just done an experiment in 'Gallery'.  I have created my own personal photo gallery in there and managed to download a photo from my computer into my gallery.  Then, from there I right-clicked to 'view image info' (as above) and entered it into the posting page - and here it is!

There's loads of things you can do with photos in your personal gallery, editing photos, make slide show, special effects, etc.  A1

Thank you Feather for bringing up this particular query. Now we have a whole new feature added to the Forum!   Very Happy  banana

And here it is re-sized: 

and here with a 'Scatter' effect: 

(A quick way to upload a photo from anwhere outside of the forum is to first try the right-click on the photo and 'view image info' to get the link. Then when you've copied that link, simply place your square brackets on either side of that link when posting and that should give you your photo here. (That is basically what the Image box in the toolbar does anyway - places the link within the img square brackets).
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 19th December 2015, 16:21

OK I'll have a go after tea. Thanks.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 19th December 2015, 20:37

Here goes  with the photos---

Still no luck.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 19th December 2015, 20:45

Feather wrote:Here goes  with the photos---

Still no luck.

When you say "still no luck" ... can you elaborate on that?  What exactly are you getting when you try to post a photo?  Just a blank page?  Just the link being posted?  What does it say in explanation (if anything)?  Can you send a sample link to me by PM?  It might help to zone in on where the trouble is.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 19th December 2015, 21:23

Not tonight. I'm tired now and I don't want another migraine. I will try again though.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 21st December 2015, 13:29

Do I host an image or insert an image? I've been using "host".
My puter doesn't give me the option to go to image info.
I can get the url to show on your gallery page but when I press Upload, it disappears again and I'm told  no image has been selected---and so I go round in circles.
I think I'll just forget about the whole thing.It's making me bad tempered.lol.

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 21st December 2015, 14:04

Hi Feather.  I think you must be trying to work in Kitkats gallery page.  You have to create your own personal gallery.  Press on up top of board and you get 2 things

Users personal album
Your personal album

Click on Your personal album and you find "Create personal album".  Click that.  Then look up top righthand corner for a blue button marked SEND.     Click on that and then you are inside your personal gallery and you can upload photos from your computer or just put in the link from flickr or photobucket or whatever else you want to do.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 10:06

My three great grandnephews, Jamie, Harvey and George.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 10:21

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 10:22

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 22nd December 2015, 10:38

Success!  Well done Feather  :thumb:   Your perseverance paid off.  3 cute little honeys.   Very Happy
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 11:24

Yes but I can't delete the extra photo. Also meant to pur correct name at each one.

Duplicate photo is of Harvey --aged 2 in January, called after my brother, Harvey--his great grandfather.
Second one is of Jamie--3.
Last one is of George(Georgie)--8 months.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 11:48

Me and Chica on holiday in Inverness in September.

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 11:52

My niece, Christine, with her children--James and Catherine(the mother of the 3 boys).

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 11:59

My brother, Harvey, and his wife, Hazel, on their Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 22nd December 2015, 12:09

Yay!  You did it! yay  Great to actually SEE you [again] Feather and also get to see your lovely family. xx  happyheart 

Btw  - you should be able to delete your own posts in this section.  If you go to the post that you want to delete, you should find a red X down the bottom.  Click on that and it will ask you if you're sure you want to delete this post.  Click in the YES box and it's done.  (Maybe you need to click into EDIT first before you can see the X, I'm not sure - but you definitely should be able to because the permissions have been set so).  If not, let me know and I'll do it for you.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Feather on 22nd December 2015, 12:25

I see no red x, kk.

I'll post photos of my two, Leigh and Ray, too. There'll be no stopping me now.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 22nd December 2015, 12:37

Feather wrote:I see no red x, kk.

Okay, I have deleted it for you - but look carefully, the red X is [at least, should be] in a gold box next to the EDIT box - just to the right of it.

ETA:  I have changed it ...  Now you will see a deletion button that you just can't miss!

It looks like this:  

Current date/time is 21st October 2018, 04:42