KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

The Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life forum is: 'HUMAN'
I hope everyone is safe from the rages of Ophelia. Not forgetting the poor frightened animals too. xx
Hearing all the stories here. 3 people have died so far in Ireland with trees hitting cars. Can't for the life of me understand why anyone would venture out in a car in a hurricane!!!
A really strange golden hue in the atmosphere here in London. And a weird but slightly familiar smell in the air - reminds me of just before a sandstorm in Libya.

Feather by the sea.

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: Feather by the sea.

Post by Stardust on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 10:00

Wow, Feather, banned from Facebook! It would be laughable if it weren't for all your personal data and contacts having gone with the account. I hope you had them safeguarded elsewhere.

All that negativity aimed at you can't be doing your morale and your health much good. 

However, we all know our Feather just loves to rush in where angels fear to tread, and it's admirable that you stand up for your opinions whatever the enemy is throwing at you.
True Scottish blood there. happyheart
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 14
Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Post by Feather on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 12:12

More like Viking blood, Stardust.Other things have been on my mind too. My brother, aged 79, has been in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary this past week and had another aneurism operation----on his stomach this time. It has been a very worrying time but it was a success and he's coming home today.There must be something tough about him as he has high BP, diabetes and a pacemaker. I'm overjoyed that he has come through this.I feared that I would not see him again.

Admin
Admin

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 22
Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Post by Kitkat on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 13:41

Feather wrote:More like Viking blood

Lol - Vikings thrive on adversity (whatever the circumstances).  http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1715620-vikings-adapting-thriving-despite-adversity

Just glad that you're back here in one piece, Feather.   happyheart

Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Karma (thanks received) : 12

Post by Stardust on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 14:27

Feather wrote:More like Viking blood, Stardust.Other things have been on my mind too. My brother, aged 79, has been in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary this past week and had another aneurism operation----on his stomach this time. It has been a very worrying time but it was a success and he's coming home today.There must be something tough about him as he has high BP, diabetes and a pacemaker. I'm overjoyed that he has come through this.I feared that I would not see him again.

Sorry, I didn't notice your two-horned Viking helmet before, Feather. giggle

Sending love and light to your brother, every little helps, and I hope he's already much better. happyheart

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 09:58

Thanks for your friendship, both of you. How I wish the three of us could get together for a chin wag.What a chat that would be! Brother--Harvey-- got home from hospital yesterday. I was amazed at the speed of his recovery.
I have another concern today: son, Leigh and partner, Diane, are in Manchester right now and making their way home later today. There is a ferocious gale here with pelting rain. They fly to Aberdeen and then on to Kirkwall, eta about 7.30pm. It will be a bumpy ride--if it goes at all.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 07 Feb 2017, 13:20

Feather wrote:I have another concern today: son, Leigh and partner, Diane, are in Manchester right now and making their way home later today. There is a ferocious gale here with pelting rain. They fly to Aberdeen and then on to Kirkwall, eta about 7.30pm. It will be a bumpy ride--if it goes at all.

Weather report for the whole of the UK today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167

Doesn't mention gales, but there is a yellow warning for snow which might disrupt some forms of transport.
I'm sure Leigh and Diane will be fine, Feather. Hopefully the gale will have eased off by the time they are due to arrive home.
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 13:48

It was a rough flight but they got home ok.Harvey phoned me this morning and sounded well. He's determined to get out on his new mobility scooter as soon as the weather permits. He has inherited all the brave and positive genes in our family, leaving none for me. I am so emotional. I cried with relief and joy after his call and hugged the phone. How pathetic is that?

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 14:05

Feather wrote:It was a rough flight but they got home ok.Harvey phoned me this morning and sounded well. He's determined to get out on his new mobility scooter as soon as the weather permits. He has inherited all the brave and positive genes in our family, leaving none for me. I am so emotional. I cried with relief and joy after his call and hugged the phone. How pathetic is that?

Not pathetic at all, Feather. And it doesn't mean you are lacking in 'brave and positive genes' either; just means that you are a very sensitive and compassionate soul. happyheart
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 20:22

Kitkat wrote:
Not pathetic at all, Feather.  And it doesn't mean you are lacking in 'brave and positive genes' either; just means that you are a very sensitive and compassionate soul.  happyheart

yes nod

I'm glad they got back safely, Feather, and that you're now reassured. catlick

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 11:13

Have a lot to tell you but no time right now. Cleaner due here in 5 minutes. Just to say I'm changing my car-----and-----? yay

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 20:47

Feather wrote:Have a lot to tell you but no time right now. Cleaner due here in 5 minutes. Just to say I'm changing my car-----and-----? yay
...adopting another cat?
Getting a book published?

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 22:10

Leigh and I are driving the present car down to Edinburgh on 15th March and picking up the new one to drive it home. I's another Fiat 500 POP but 4 years newer. Ray is looking after Chica while we are away.I haven't been away for 10 months so I'm looking forward to it. My personal number plate will be put on it---M15YRA. It is immaculate and has had only one previous lady owner. Low mileage too. I'm chuffed.

I had two friends to my house for the afternoon today. We had a great time.I felt really good afterwards.

My brother has come through a third aneurism operation and has already been out on his mobility scooter. I'm so relieved about that.

I was trying to post a photo of my car here but it hasn't worked. I'll try Photobucket.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 22:19

A lot of good news, I'm so happy for you, Feather. happyheart 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 22:35

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 22:41

That was a super video. Thank you, Stardust.xxx.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Fri 03 Mar 2017, 22:49

I'll send you another photo when I get it all kitted out with black wheel trims, black/pink seat covers and mats plus steering wheel cover--black with a pink flower, black/white fluffy dice, small pink fluffy bunny air freshener, key fob with a pink Fiat on it and black butterfly/flowers decals on the sides. People will see me coming for miles!!!! lol.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 18:07

Sound startling, Feather, but certainly you'll stand out in that cute little car.
Can't wait for the photos.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:34

Good morning, everybody. That's Leigh and me home again with the "new" car. I could never have done it without him. All I had to do was sit there and relax.The sea crossing was quite rough but I wasn't sick. It took only about an hour and this route avoided the dreaded Pentland Firth. I felt a twinge of sadness at leaving my old car but soon recovered. Scotland is such a beautiful country to drive through. We had breakfast in Wick and stopped later at a beauty spot for sandwiches. It was teatime when we arrived in Edinburgh. The new Forth Road Bridge is under construction. What a massive spectacle! My little car was waiting for me in the forecourt so I caught sight of it right away. We had a test drive, paid the money and drove a wee bit along the road to "The Premier Inn" where we had a meal and spent the night. After breakfast we set off up the road again. The weather was pretty mixed--from blue skies and sunshine to fog and heavy sleet showers in the Perthshire hills. We had lunch at a quaint old cafe in Carbridge and reached the north coast in plenty of time to catch the ferry. It was two days of pure adventure for me. Ray and Chica were waiting for us in the porch. Chica was all over me. What a doll!!
I haven't driven the car yet but will today when I visit my brother. No extras have yet been put on it and my personal number plate is still in the boot but we'll get it all sorted soon. I'm glad to be home. We were up at 6 am both days.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Karma (thanks received) : 3

Post by Whiskers on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 20:32

Welcome back Feather. Thats exciting news. Enjoy your first trip out in your new car --- and may more to come. toast :thumb:
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 20:34

Sounds like a good and very enjoyable trip, despite the bad weather parts. Welcome back, Feather.

Who will put the extras on then?

How did you get on for your first drive to see your brother today?

We want to hear more, please, and a photo asap, pretty please...

happyheart

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 09:16

Thank you, Stardust and Whiskers. My son, Ray, will put on all the extras but he is away to Glasgow later today to a Rock concert so it will have to wait.He made a perfect job last time so I expect no less now.
I have not driven the car yet. Ray drove me to Harvey's and back yesterday. This was because my nerves had been playing up something awful the night before so I had taken a diazepam. I thought it unwise to drive the next day. Let's be honest--I've been really bad with my anxiety/depression lately, so much so that I have at last given in and started taking my antidepressant medication again yesterday. I have been off them for 8 months hoping things would eventually improve but life has been terrible. It has affected my physical health too. I get abdominal cramps, nausea and dizziness. I can't eat properly and have lost over a stone in weight.Trying to persevere any longer is just not worth it. I'll just have to put up with the side effects of the tablets because my quality of life has been unbearable. It will take a few weeks till they kick in but the doctor is hoping that the smallest dose will be enough seeing that I have been off them for so long. It's a very strange condition.I can be ok but then---without my permission--- my mood changes, I get bad tempered and then go down and down till I end up in floods of tears.  This has been happening almost daily since last July. I am having more migraines too because of the stress and my BP has been high for a while. As they say---I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.I must get myself out of it. Medication is the only cure for this warped brain of mine. Otherwise---I'm fine. Sorry to burden you with it all but it does help to write it all down for people who care. There aren't many of those about. xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 11:36

Friends are there to share the burden in any way they can, so don't apologize for giving us the chance to try at least to cheer you up, Feather.

Sometimes just knowing there are people out there who really care can ease the pain, whether physical or psychological. We are here to support you, even if you think we're far away. We all know time and space are not what we generally think they are and so we're right beside you with light and positive energy (and for Kitkat too of course).

It's frustrating not to be able to do something concrete to help, but if the lowest dose medication can ease these episodes of depression for you, that's something to be grateful for.

Are you sure the cramps, nausea and dizzy spells are not due to something else? Have tests eliminated other possibilities?

I hope you're feeling better today anyway, take care.  catlick

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 17:40

When I am nervous or am having a panic attack, I cannot eat so therefore I can go for a long time without food.Adrenaline pumps through my stomach making eating impossible. The resulting emptiness causes the nausea, dizziness and feeling of weakness.I'm ok as soon as I can eat again.The trouble is it keeps happening so I have lost weight. Being off the antidepressants has contributed to this as they caused my weight gain in the first place. I had a blood test not too long ago and it was all fine. All my organs etc were checked.
It may be the placebo effect but today I feel more like my old self. I've had only 2 tablets so I can't think they would be doing their job yet but you never know. Thank you for keeping my spirits up, Stardust. xxx.

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 18:06

That's terrible, Feather, having to choose the least painful of two options, ie meds with bad side effects, it's not surprising you sometimes feel so miserable even with treatment. If you've been off meds for a while that probably explains the rapid effect now you've started them again.
Chica will give you a cuddle to help you feel better.
catlick

VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 19 Mar 2017, 18:11

Yes, Chica is a great comfort to me. She loves cuddles as much as I do.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 16:25

For Feather ...

Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 16:52

Thank you, my friend. How are you these days, kk?

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:38

Feather wrote:Thank you, my friend. How are you these days, kk?

Looking forward to seeing my brother soon.  He has a week's hol from his job in Saudi and plans to spend it here beginning of April.  However, (not normally a 'worrier') I'm a little bit anxious to say the least, after reading today's BBC headlined article re air travel:

Posted in the forum here readmore   https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t992-bit-worrying#7879
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Wed 22 Mar 2017, 13:10

The world is in a shocking state. No wonder you are concerned especially when The Middle East is involved although Europe can be just as dangerous. Try not to worry too much all the same. You'll have a lovely time when he gets here.

Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Female

Post by lar-lar on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 18:53

Hi happyheart everybody 

I know somebody who takes medication for depression who ponders if it's 'circumstances' or is innate. I don't understand a lot about it but it sounds a dreadful aflliction to have. I may not understand fully what you're going through Feather, but I care. xx
Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 14:25

Kitkat wrote:
Feather wrote:Thank you, my friend. How are you these days, kk?

Looking forward to seeing my brother soon.  He has a week's hol from his job in Saudi and plans to spend it here beginning of April.  However, (not normally a 'worrier') I'm a little bit anxious to say the least, after reading today's BBC headlined article re air travel:

Posted in the forum here readmore   https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t992-bit-worrying#7879

Well of course, since that posting we have experienced the horrific events in London.
It's been reported that the Westminster attacker (British born & bred) - spent some time in Saudi Arabia, working as an English teacher (so they've obviously been doing their cart-before-the-horse homework checks.)
At some stage he changed his name to a Muslim name - probably after his return from there.
My brother is an English teacher working in Saudi! Even more reason to anticipate delays with stricter security measures at airports/customs etc. obgob
Feather
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female

Post by Feather on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 15:34

Another terrible atrocity, kk. The statistics that alarm me are that in every country in the west muslims are procreating fater than non muslims. In fact it is predicted that by 2050, they will all me pedominately muslim. There are more mosques than churches in many major citis already. World domination is what ISIS wants and they don't even have to fight to achieve this. It will be done by sheer numbers of population.

Admin
Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Tue 30 May 2017, 14:54

I have heard from Feather - she tells me she has had cataract surgery and can't see clearly for a few weeks.  It's especially hard for her to post on forums.  She will be needing surgery in the other eye too.

So this explains her current elongated absence from the forums.

Feather, you know my bestest wishes are there with you, thinking of you and hoping your sight gets back to a comfortable state soon, at which time no doubt you'll be back here to tell us all about it. catlick xx

Now we just need to hear from Stardust  ............

Yoohooo Stardust ....  where are you? Please let us know that all is well with you.
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Wed 31 May 2017, 09:19

Love and hugs, Feather. Hope you're well again soon. happyheart

All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Female

Post by Whiskers on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:32

Look after yourself Feather and come back soon.  x
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 16:09

Hope your eyes heal quickly and that you'll be back soon, Feather...
and we're still waiting for a picture of your pretty car with all the extras added.

Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 17:18