Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Private Messages (PMs) on this forum

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED Private Messages (PMs) on this forum

Post by Kitkat on Sat 5 Apr 2014 - 13:23

I have discovered there are some PMs that I have sent to members here on the forum, which are still in my Outbox.  This means that the person they were sent to has not yet read them, or possibly not received.  (When a person has read their PM it automatically then goes into the 'Sent' box.)

Of course, it could just be that some members have by choice ticked the option in their personal control panel which says they don't wish to receive, or be informed about, private messages - in which case that's okay - and is probably the more likely cause, as I know that the private messaging system is working as it should, as a few of us do communicate that way without a problem.

I'm hoping that's all it is, but if anyone here is experiencing difficulty with anything on the board, please let me know so that we can at least try and get it sorted.  If we are not made aware of a problem, it will remain a problem!

You can choose from any one of 4 options in doing so:

1. Make a post here in the Help Desk, reporting the problem you are experiencing;
  2. Send a PM to me (Kitkat) here on the forum; or

If you are experiencing problems logging in to the forum, or for whatever reason would rather not log in, you can always:
  3. Make a post in one of the Guest sections here on the forum (where you don't even need to be a member to participate, or if you are a member you don't need to be logged in to post there - i.e. KRAZY KATS GUEST FORUM and GENERAL CHIT-CHAT & DISCUSSION AREA); or
  4. Get in touch via the 'Contact' form - link to be found down the bottom of the forum.  Click into 'Contact' and your query will come direct to me, as admin.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this - and if you are simply a 'lurker' here, and wish to remain so, ah well ... you'll never know what you're missing!   yahboocat  Nevertheless, I hope all readers in here (members or not) continue to do so, and simply enjoy!  That's what it's all about.
Umberto Cocopop

Male

SOLVED Re: Private Messages (PMs) on this forum

Post by Umberto Cocopop on Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 17:12

My e-mail address is out of date. I've just tried to update it but it tells me that my current e-mail address is invalid.

Of course, it's isn't invalid at all.

So I gave up.
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

SOLVED Re: Private Messages (PMs) on this forum

Post by Kitkat on Fri 18 Apr 2014 - 22:26

Umberto Cocopop wrote:My e-mail address is out of date. I've just tried to update it but it tells me that my current e-mail address is invalid.

Of course, it's isn't invalid at all.

So I gave up.

I'm not really sure what it is you are saying here, Umbo.  Do you mean that you do not receive notifications of posts here on the forum(?) because you have changed your email and the one that you registered on the forum with is out of date?  This forum allows members to change their email address in their profile at any time -there shouldn't be a problem if you want to change or update it.  If you are having a problem with that, please let me know and I will sort it.

Regarding the non-receipt of notifications (if members have checked in their profile to request these), I am wondering if some notifications may be going into Spam or Junk folders.  It's always a good idea to check junk/spam folders & filters every now and then, just in case legitimate items have got through.  Some email providers may automatically send a newly registered forum acceptance (for instance) to the junk folder and unless you spot this and mark it as 'not junk' it will continue to do so.

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017 - 15:35