Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

Here we go again

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

Here we go again

Post by Kitkat on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 14:59

My online cancer diary - previously recorded on the Light After Life forum:

My KK Blog here is a sort of continuance to this.  

I have found this online diary and form of recording keeping to be of huge benefit and a most therapeutic way of dealing and coping with the stresses, worries and traumas of being just another one of so many of us to have been diagnosed with cancer.  (My first diagnosis was in 2004.  Then just immediately after the crucial 5-year period of 'being in remission' following treatment, and being told I had the "all clear", the second diagnosis was discovered - in 2009.)  I have a year left to go of the second 5-year monitoring period.  The scans, checks and monitoring continue, thankfully giving back cancer-free results in each case during this period - but I have learned that one must not rest on one's laurels (I must check out the origin of that saying ...)
 We should never, ever take anything for granted ... you just never know what's around the corner.

The best any of us can do is to live and love to the best we are able and to take each new day as it comes.  

Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday

Link to:  Here we go again

http://lightafterlife.freeforums.org/here-we-go-again-t175.html
Kitkat
Admin

Female

Re: Here we go again

Post by Kitkat on Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 13:07

Oops!

Had appointment with my GP yesterday for what I thought would be a HAPPY appointment - after the good GREAT news of my ESA Appeal.  Just goes to show though  obgob  ... I think this is a situation where the expression "Don't rest on your laurels" is probably appropriate - although I've yet to find out exactly what that means, and to look up the origin (there's usually a factual story from where all these expressions originate)...

Anyway ... had to discuss with her a new and different kind of pain that I've had constantly for the past 2 weeks (coupled with an unnatural kind of constant tiredness over the same time period).  The pain is sharp (high-pitched) and constant, doesn't let up at all - and it's in exactly the place where my first tumour was, back in 2004.  That was actually a rare type of tumour, called a Phylloides tumour, which they don't (or didn't at that time) know too much about and are still researching into - but from the information that they had at the time, they were able to tell me that (good news in a way) this type of cancer does not spread to anywhere else in the body and if it were to come back, it would be in exactly the same place.  

Well, because this new pain IS in exactly that same place- and the tiredness, I had a little check there and thought - I could be wrong (I am quite (let's say) well endowed Wink  in that area, which makes it difficult to notice lumps 'n' stuff, especially if they are deep inside) - but felt what seems to be a lump, the size of a pea.  (The original tumour 10 years ago was the size of a lemon when first discovered - and before discovery I had no pain and no indication whatsoever that anything was wrong - apart from (on looking back) an unnatural tiredness (similar to what I have now over the past 2 weeks).   This is what I wanted to check with my GP, just to be on the safe side.

She checked - and yes, she thought too that there was a pea-sized lump there - but .... she also checked the other breast (the one where the second diagnosis and treatment was more recent - in 2009) - and found what she reckons is a larger lump.  pale   What's more, it really hurt when she pressed the area.  My next 6-monthly mammogram check is not due till April, so she set about making arrangements for me to go and have this checked out and said the hospital would be in touch to let me know the date.

The hospital just phoned me this morning - giving the date as 13th February.  - Not that I'm superstitious or anything(!)  Neutral , but .................  rock 

I just can't seem to get rid of that Waiting Game ....  

Still, not too long to wait - 2 weeks.  

Off to check out this 'Don't rest on your laurels' story now ............  I'll come back here with my findings.
Feather

Female

Star sign : Libra
Chinese zodiac : Cat

Post by Feather on Thu 29 May 2014 - 10:12

I've just seen your post-above. What happened as a result of this finding, KK?

Admin

Female

Post by Kitkat on Thu 29 May 2014 - 14:19

Feather wrote:I've just seen your post-above. What happened as a result of this finding, KK?

Turned out OK in the end, Feather - I actually did report about it in the KK's Blog thread, (post no. 187 - headed 'Number 13 - Lucky for some!' ) https://krazykats.forumotion.co.uk/t14p180-kitkat-s-kk-blog#2512

rabbit 

Current date/time is Fri 18 Aug 2017 - 2:13