KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life Forum's Portal Page is: 'Superhuman: Geniuses - Real Stories'

What do the stars tell you?

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

What do the stars tell you?

Post by Kitkat on 4th January 2014, 11:48

Wondering why you are suddenly seeing stars?  You're right - they weren't there before ... it's just a little thing introduced onto the forum to make things a little bit more interesting - the new star and ranking system.  After a certain amount of posts on the forum, the amount of stars and the rank name that goes with them (in the member's Profile) will automatically change.  At present the ranks progress as follows:

• Just popped in
  • Not too shy to talk
  • Quite a regular
  • Just can't stay away
  • Home away from home

I can't quite remember now the amount of posts required for each star count - except that when a member reaches 500 posts they will automatically reach the highest star rating - the 6 stars.  Only thing is that - as yet, we have no name for those members who reach the 6-star mark - the one that comes after 'Home away from home'.  Why don't we have a name? ... Because I just can't think of an appropriate one!  cheesy   If anyone here has got any ideas as to what the 6-star ranking should be called, come and jot down your ideas here in this thread.  Member or non-member, it doesn't matter - your post will be included here in this thread (guest posting IS allowed and welcomed in this section).  All ideas and contributions posted here will be considered.

It's all just good fun ... nothing is too serious around here, so come on and join in the fun.  Come on in and tell us what you think.   I love you
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: What do the stars tell you?

Post by Stardust on 30th September 2016, 07:53

The stars have gone (?) to be replaced by paws/hearts (?). Is there a post about this that I missed?

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 19th October 2016, 11:28

Stardust wrote:The stars have gone (?) to be replaced by paws/hearts (?). Is there a post about this that I missed?

The paws and hearts have been there a good while now, Stardust. 
I don't think I 'announced' the change from the stars - just one of many little experimental changes introduced onto the Forums from time to time.  (You know how I love to 'experiment' ...) wary
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 20th October 2016, 13:30

I don't usually notice unless it jumps out at me.
Or else I do see there's a change but I'm so occupied with reading posts that it slips my mind.
Keep experimenting Kitkat and keeping us all on our toes.
I will say something that I'm sure we all feel but don't say enough to the person who takes such good care of LAL and KK:

:thanks:

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 20th October 2016, 19:31

I always have a good look around to see whats changed or different here and on lal too.  Wink  
Sometimes I can see a list of the most active topics and sometimes the most viewed, and sometimes none of them are showing.  Laughing  Now when I log in it says Welcome back Whiskers at the top, which I am sure never used to be there, and tells me the date and time of my last visit here.  Sometimes theres a face blowing out a candle where the birthdays are, sometimes its just a cake. And I love it when I notice a new smiley suddenly appears.  Yes it does put us on our toes and maybe on our heads sometimes! nuts

Stardust wrote:I will say something that I'm sure we all feel but don't say enough to the person who takes such good care of LAL and KK:

:thanks:
agree

While we are on the subject, I did look to see what changed when I reached 500 posts here.  Nothing bawl I have 943 posts now and every time i got another 100 I thought something would change.
Not complaining though because I am still a Resident VIP Kat, which I like, but still curious to find out what it would change to after 500 posts!

Also kk, where is the movie of the week gone?  I miss that.  get coat
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 20th October 2016, 22:33

I just checked, and this is how the ranks have been set.

0-1 posts  - Just popped in  (1 paw)
2 posts       - Not too shy to talk (2 paws)
20 posts      - Quite a regular (3 paws)     
50 posts       - Just can't stay away (4 paws)
100 posts      - Home away from home (5 paws)
400 posts       - Resident VIP Kat (a pyramid of paws with a heart at the top)

Perhaps we should have another change for when a member gets to 1000 posts (?)

I shall have to think of an appropriate one scratchhead  - but you won't know what it is  shtum   until someone reaches 1000 posts.
No-one has done so yet (apart from myself - but my rank remains as Administrator with 5 permanent paws; it doesn't change).
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Post by Stardust on 21st October 2016, 11:40

Looks like that will be Whiskers. cat 

You'll have to make a special effort now, Whiskers, so we aren't all kept in suspense for too long.

cheesy

Current date/time is 21st October 2018, 04:53