KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION*

Kitkat
    Kitkat

Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION* Empty Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION*

Post by Kitkat Sat 06 Jul 2013, 10:47

On 15 June fourteen girls were murdered in Pakistan simply because they wanted an education. Many people know my story but there are stories every day of children fighting for an education.

The basic right to education is under attack around the world. We need change now and I need your help to achieve it.

You can help me and girls and boys across the world. We are asking the United Nations General Assembly to fund new teachers, schools, books and recommit to getting every girl and boy in school by December 2015.

This July 12th is my 16th birthday and I am personally delivering this petition to the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.

I became a victim of terrorism after I spoke out in favour of education of girls. These innocent girls killed in Pakistan have nothing to do with politics and only wanted to empower themselves through education.

If we want to bring change, if we want progress, if we want development, if we want the education of girls, we should be united. We should not wait. We should do it now.

Please join me and sign my petition to end the education emergency.

Thank you,

Malala     

Sign my Petition

You can help me and girls and boys across the world. We are asking the United Nations General Assembly to fund new teachers, schools, books and recommit to getting every girl and boy in school by December 2015.

Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION* QCCMjWWiNSBPzVn-180x118-cropped
    Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION* Spacer1
    Sign My Petition
    Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION* Spacer1
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION* Empty Re: Education emergency (Malala Yousafzai) *PLEASE SIGN PETITION*

Post by Kitkat Fri 12 Jul 2013, 10:07

12 July 2013

Malala Yousafzai to make 16th birthday address to UN

A Pakistani teenager who was shot in the head by the Taliban is to address the United Nations on Friday - on her 16th birthday.

Malala Yousafzai was targeted in October 2012 for daring to go to school. She was flown to the UK for surgery and is making a strong recovery.

She will use her address to global leaders in New York to call for better access to education for children and young people across the world.

Read more HERE

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 08:23