KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

John Jackson's new old forum

Kitkat
    Kitkat

John Jackson's new old forum Empty John Jackson's new old forum

Post by Kitkat Mon 08 Apr 2013, 21:11

Something spookily familiar about this new site and forum on the net. Wink

Rational Enquiry

Main Site: http://www.rationalinquiry.org.uk/

Forum: http://www.rationalinquiry.org.uk/forum/forum.php
    Umberto Cocopop
    Umberto Cocopop

John Jackson's new old forum Empty Re: John Jackson's new old forum

Post by Umberto Cocopop Mon 15 Apr 2013, 13:01

Erm... it's Rational Inquiry John Jackson's new old forum 3853711873

I've been working on this for weeks now!

It's just about finished. Yes, most of the content is from the old UKS site - but I didn't want to drop it all as it works with the new name.

The next job (after finishing the programming of some back-end stuff) is to re-write some of the crappier articles and then start adding some new stuff.

I don't know about the forum. It's open but I'm not promoting it as I'm not sure that I want to go down the road of running it again.

The site is back on the lines of what I was thinking 8 or 9 years ago. It's just a site that will provide content and look at issues from a critical thinking point of view. That way, I might just start enjoying it all again.
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:26

Umberto Cocopop wrote:Erm... it's Rational Inquiry John Jackson's new old forum 3853711873

Oops, sorry. chair geek

Umberto Cocopop wrote:I don't know about the forum. It's open but I'm not promoting it as I'm not sure that I want to go down the road of running it again.
    But there's really not much point in it without a working forum attached. Without that, it's just a blog - one of countless others on the net.

(PS: Is it "open" in the sense that all the old members can post as before, or do they need to re-register?)

Umberto Cocopop
    Umberto Cocopop

Post by Umberto Cocopop Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:55

KitKat wrote:But there's really not much point in it without a working forum attached. Without that, it's just a blog - one of countless others on the net.
    Well that depends on whether you want to create an 'in-group' community or get your content read by a relevant target audience.

If you type "what is homeopathy" into Google, my article comes up #1 (for me anyway).

What it means is that my article will be read be people who are searching for information on homeopathy. And that's the whole point!

Creating content in a forum or blogosphere of skeptics is pretty much pointless.

KitKat wrote:(PS: Is it "open" in the sense that all the old members can post as before, or do they need to re-register?)
    I assume it's open. Give it a try! img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:54

er .... ^^^^ ..... Wha ......????.......

Actually, I have already tried, but forgotten my password and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to help with forgotten password. shrug
    Kitkat
    Kitkat

Post by Kitkat Tue 16 Apr 2013, 16:42

Thanks John. cleverclogs

Sorted. :thumb:
    Umberto Cocopop
    Umberto Cocopop

Post by Umberto Cocopop Tue 16 Apr 2013, 17:19

I'm going to shut it down now. John Jackson's new old forum 4030250666

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 23:37