KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Kitkat
Admin
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Kitkat on Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:10

RABAT: A bus plunged into a ravine in the Atlas mountains of southern Morocco early on Tuesday killing at least 42 people, a security official said, in the worst such accident recorded in the kingdom.

The tragedy occurred as the bus was heading towards Marrakesh, after crossing the Tizi-n-Tichka pass, the highest in Morocco. The road, linking the central Moroccan city with the Sahara gateway town of Ouarzazate, winds through the mountains for dozens of kilometres.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/4/reutersworld/1209042137-42-killed-in-moroccos-worstever-bus-cra&sec=reutersworld

I have been on that road, through the Atlas Mountains, not in a bus though, in a car - travelling above the clouds and sometimes into and through thick clouds in front of you like an eerie fog - where you had to put your headlights on to see a few inches in front of you. On turning a bend you would see the fog-like cloud in front of you, no way of avoiding it. For the most part it is a very thin, stony, windy road built into the mountains; mountain on one side - and on the other side nothing between you and a scary drop of thousands of feet. An amazing experience with the most awesome views, but I remember having my heart in my mouth the whole journey, wondering what might happen if you were to meet a vehicle coming the other way. scared wary
Stardust
All Star Gold Member
All Star Gold Member

Re: 42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Stardust on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 09:55

Terrible accident. Those roads are always hazardous.
Breaks my heart to think of all the grieving families.

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 23:53