Krazy Kats

A friendly informal discussion forum: Talk about anything from birth to death - and beyond!

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Kitkat
Admin

Female

Star sign : Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac : Dragon

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Kitkat on Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 18:10

RABAT: A bus plunged into a ravine in the Atlas mountains of southern Morocco early on Tuesday killing at least 42 people, a security official said, in the worst such accident recorded in the kingdom.

The tragedy occurred as the bus was heading towards Marrakesh, after crossing the Tizi-n-Tichka pass, the highest in Morocco. The road, linking the central Moroccan city with the Sahara gateway town of Ouarzazate, winds through the mountains for dozens of kilometres.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/4/reutersworld/1209042137-42-killed-in-moroccos-worstever-bus-cra&sec=reutersworld

I have been on that road, through the Atlas Mountains, not in a bus though, in a car - travelling above the clouds and sometimes into and through thick clouds in front of you like an eerie fog - where you had to put your headlights on to see a few inches in front of you. On turning a bend you would see the fog-like cloud in front of you, no way of avoiding it. For the most part it is a very thin, stony, windy road built into the mountains; mountain on one side - and on the other side nothing between you and a scary drop of thousands of feet. An amazing experience with the most awesome views, but I remember having my heart in my mouth the whole journey, wondering what might happen if you were to meet a vehicle coming the other way. scared wary
Stardust
The Kat that got the cream (1000+ posts)
The Kat that got the cream (1000+ posts)

Re: 42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Stardust on Wed 12 Sep 2012 - 9:55

Terrible accident. Those roads are always hazardous.
Breaks my heart to think of all the grieving families.

Be grateful for even the smallest thing, blessings come in many disguises.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 23:54