KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

2 posters

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Kitkat
    Kitkat

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash Empty 42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Kitkat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 18:10

RABAT: A bus plunged into a ravine in the Atlas mountains of southern Morocco early on Tuesday killing at least 42 people, a security official said, in the worst such accident recorded in the kingdom.

The tragedy occurred as the bus was heading towards Marrakesh, after crossing the Tizi-n-Tichka pass, the highest in Morocco. The road, linking the central Moroccan city with the Sahara gateway town of Ouarzazate, winds through the mountains for dozens of kilometres.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/4/reutersworld/1209042137-42-killed-in-moroccos-worstever-bus-cra&sec=reutersworld

I have been on that road, through the Atlas Mountains, not in a bus though, in a car - travelling above the clouds and sometimes into and through thick clouds in front of you like an eerie fog - where you had to put your headlights on to see a few inches in front of you. On turning a bend you would see the fog-like cloud in front of you, no way of avoiding it. For the most part it is a very thin, stony, windy road built into the mountains; mountain on one side - and on the other side nothing between you and a scary drop of thousands of feet. An amazing experience with the most awesome views, but I remember having my heart in my mouth the whole journey, wondering what might happen if you were to meet a vehicle coming the other way. scared wary
    Stardust
    Stardust

42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash Empty Re: 42 killed in Morocco's worst ever bus crash

Post by Stardust Wed 12 Sep 2012, 09:55

Terrible accident. Those roads are always hazardous.
    Breaks my heart to think of all the grieving families.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 19:12