KRAZY KATS

Welcome to Krazy Kats - a friendly informal online community discussing life issues that we care about. Open 24/7 for chat & chill. Come and join us!

Video of the Week now showing on Light After Life Forum's Portal Page is: 'Superhuman: Geniuses - Real Stories'

Wonderful images - fabulous music

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Re: Wonderful images - fabulous music

Post by bimbow on 7th December 2014, 01:00

Beautiful images - hypnotic  music.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 7th December 2014, 12:48

bimbow wrote:Beautiful images - hypnotic  music.

Probably a really stupid question ... but what is the city in the film there?
The only clue in there is that it's an English-speaking place (from the ads on the side of the tram).
Could be San Francisco, as all the streets in SF are apparently long and straight and hilly! (?)
The monumental building at the end of the street should be a telling landmark, I suppose, but I don't recognise it and it was taking ages to travel down that street.  I couldn't wait till eventually reaching the end because my eyes wouldn't stay open.  The hypnotic music was sending me to sleep!  
bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 7th December 2014, 14:50

You are right, KK. 1905-1906 Market Street San Francisco.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Building Bolero

Post by Kitkat on 19th January 2015, 18:15

Fabulous ..........     purr

We've had Beethoven in streets and railway stations, Tchaikovsky in a hospital plus others, now we have the Brisbane Symphony Orchestra playing Ravel's Bolero on the South Bank in Brisbane - enjoy!! Watch to the very end!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xn7CYzPMf2o?utm_source=exact&utm_medium=email&utm_content=590819&utm_campaign=Saturday&modapt
Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by Jamboree on 20th January 2015, 03:45

Here's a good one.  

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 20th January 2015, 11:43

Love it!  Very Happy
bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 21st January 2015, 00:57

Lovely stuff - great street theatre, but the acoustics were all wrong of course.  Why not try the full 16 minutes.  Not a lot to look at, but a chance to appreciate the brilliant orchestration.  And the build up is impressive.

Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 21st January 2015, 16:48

Ah yes.  Lovely. Very Happy  
I love the dramatic way the conductor instructs with his eyes, rather than waving his stick around.
Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 21st January 2015, 17:39

Kitkat wrote:We've had Beethoven in streets and railway stations, Tchaikovsky in a hospital plus others,

I found Tchaikovsky in a hospital!

Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by Jamboree on 22nd January 2015, 04:23

It can not get any better than this!

To pay homage to the town they love and to celebrate their 130 anniversary Sabadell Bank in Spain delighted the townspeople with an incredible symphony flash mob. Watch as they play Beethoven's Ninth Symphony and sang Ode to Joy, filling up the town with joy and beautiful music!

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 22nd January 2015, 18:05

Awesome and so uplifting. Very Happy   That's just how it should be.  All music should be available for ordinary folk in the street to enjoy anywhere. Not everyone has the money to fork out on concerts and theatres.  
These flashmobs must take an awful lot of organising in advance.  Well done to all the people who took part.  Really great to see.  sunny
bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 1st March 2015, 23:31

A Chopin Nocturne, with appropriate images.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 11th May 2015, 01:33

I hope I'm allowed.  Not wonderful images, but fabulous music and glorious voices. Rapture.

Definitely not just for skeptics, and we've moved. Yes, again. Sadly necessary. .....https://skepticsforum.co.uk
bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 23rd June 2015, 01:26

The fourth of Richard Strauss's "Four Last Songs", sung by the wonderful Gundula Janowitz.  The images, not perhaps wonderful, but interesting, relate to King Ludwig 11 of Bavaria, who was responsible for the construction of two spectacular "Fairy-tale" castles, and the near bankruptcy of his country.  He died in mysterious circumstances in a nearby lake.  Hence the images.  Anyway, enjoy what was probably Strauss's last composition.

(That music always produces tears.)

Definitely not just for skeptics, and we've moved. Yes, again. Sadly necessary. .....https://skepticsforum.co.uk
Jamboree
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by Jamboree on 25th June 2015, 05:57

bimbow wrote:The fourth of Richard Strauss's "Four Last Songs", sung by the wonderful Gundula Janowitz.  The images, not perhaps wonderful, but interesting, relate to King Ludwig 11 of Bavaria, who was responsible for the construction of two spectacular "Fairy-tale" castles, and the near bankruptcy of his country.  He died in mysterious circumstances in a nearby lake.  Hence the images.  Anyway, enjoy what was probably Strauss's last composition.

(That music always produces tears.)

Not really my type of sound, but very listenable.  Had to go find the other three.  Here they all are together.  No images, only those conjured up in your own minds.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 26th September 2015, 00:45

Jamboree,  that recording was one of the first I bought on CD - 20 years ago.  She has a great voice, though in my opinion, rather too big for those songs.

Anyway, in complete contrast, a keyboard arrangement of a Siciliana from a flute sonata by J.S.Bach.

[video no longer available]

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 11th January 2016, 00:48

Any lovers of guitar music?  Here is a classic.  And I've just booked a holiday visiting this very place.

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 12th January 2016, 12:31

Makes me feel sad and lonely watching that Bimbow.  Lovely photos but not a soul around anywhere.  I think the person playing that tune was sad and lonely thinking about his empty life  and probably contemplating ending it all.  shtum   rock
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

This beautiful planet ....

Post by Kitkat on 9th February 2016, 23:08

Whiskers
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Whiskers on 10th February 2016, 11:44

So much enjoying that beautiful video, only it gets stuck half way through.  Every time it starts to buffer in the same place and wont go any further.  sadd   Dont know if its the video or just me.
Kitkat
Admin Kat
Admin Kat

Post by Kitkat on 6th May 2016, 23:40

Sorry you were having trouble posting YouTube videos, bimbow.  I can't think what the problem can be. scratchhead

Here goes - hopefully these will come out okay:

1.  Second movement of Nigel Hess Piano Concerto, commissioned by Prince Charles in memory of the death of the Queen Mother.  

2.  Theme music to the Hetty Wainthropp TV series, also composed by Nigel Hess.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 10th February 2017, 23:20

Nothing much to look at - just a Monet (!)  - but wonderfully atmospheric music. 
Benjamin Britten - Sea Interludes from "Peter Grimes".  (1. Dawn) (1944)

And very good sound, on my headphones, at least.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 21st July 2017, 22:21

A lovely, not well-known Rachmaninov Prelude. The others are well-worth exploring for those who have the time.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 1st March 2018, 17:21

"Nimrod" from The Enigma Variations, with dramatic images. Best viewed Full Screen.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 1st March 2018, 17:23

Just had one of those, "Have I posted this before?" moments. I don't think I have, but apologies if I have!

This is, apparently,  a deleted scene from Disney's "Fantasia", credited as dating from 1940. Terrible sound but something delightful about the animation. Hoping viewers will enjoy.

bimbow
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

Post by bimbow on 26th September 2018, 22:27

This is basically a promotional video for the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, featuring Smetana's "Vltava".   Some lovely images to remind anyone who has visited the beautiful city. Definitely a brisk performance.

Current date/time is 21st October 2018, 05:06