1. Finding a comb on the floorDon't pick it up! This is terrible bad luck because it belongs to Ireland’s most terrifying wailing spirit, the banshee .
One for sorrow, two for joy
2. Seeing a solitary magpieThis is a bad omen and your only hope is to see another one, as the rhyme goes one for sorrow, two for joy…
Itchy nose, a sure sign of a fight
3. Itchy noseBeware! This means someone is going to pick a fight with you.
Itchy palms, however, could be lucrative
4. Itchy palmsA good sign as this means you will be coming into some money.
Child of Prague statue is said to have rain-delaying powers
5. Placing a Child of Prague statue in your house before a weddingThis will ensure your big day will be rain free - it works!
Throw this over your LEFT shoulder
6. Throwing salt over your left shoulderA classic. The belief is that the devil is always standing behind you and throwing salt in his eye will stop him from making mischief.
Bad weather actually means the soul is happy
7. Rain at a funeralSurprisingly a good sign - this means the departed soul is happy.
The seventh son of a seventh son gives great advice
8. The seventh son of a seventh son has special powersIf you need advice this is your go-to guy.
Nicely scored cross to keep out the devil
9. Scoring a cross onto your soda breadKeeps the devil out of your baking.
A ring in the Barmbrack at Halloween means marriage
10. Finding the ring in the Barmbrack at HalloweenAnother bread-based superstition. This means you will be the next person to get married.
Handing someone a knife is dangerous. Handing over a fork is fine
11. Handing someone a knifeVery bad luck! Our advice would be to put it on the table for them to pick up themselves.
A man hoping to get the gift of the gab
12. Kissing the Blarney StoneArguably the most famous Irish superstition, kissing the sacred stone gives you the gift of the gab.
If this crosses your path, you are doomed